Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thank You, EA! I Have Finally LOST ALL HOPE In Gaming!

2»

Comments

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529
    I personally enjoy a lot of EA games. So I won't join your boycott. :(

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

EA's been killing my hope in gaming for years.  I've been saying they are the worst publisher out there, for so long.  Much worse than Activision, SoE, they're not just bad, they're a dangerously powerful blight on the entire industry.

The fact that they occassionally back a winner is neither here nor there.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• BitterClingerBitterClinger Member UncommonPosts: 439

Geez, it was a terrible launch, even the worst launch in online gaming history (IMHO). So, you create an account on their forums, heap scorn and mockery on their heads, then get on with your life.

All this wailing and gnashing of teeth seems a little over-wrought.

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072
    Originally posted by colddog04
    Originally posted by Kuinn
    Originally posted by ColumbiaTrue

EA, Thank (F) You!

I would like to thank EA too, I really enjoy the new Sim City. I bought it pretty randomly and casually since it's been a while since I played a similar game, and damn, I went 6 hours straight after the first fire up!

There's quite a few bugs to be squashed but the game is extremely fun and deep, only thing I really dont like is the emphasis on the vertical progression of your city, I'd really like the areas where you can build a city to be bigger, not neccessary much, but at least a bit.

The depth is the thing that is missing IMO. Read this:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9362695.page

Besides never having to put a single commercial or industrial zone down, the simulation itself is screwed in like 50 other ways. You could read about it in their forums or go here:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/tag/simcity/

It's a complete mess. And not because of the online only thing.

What I mean by depth is you are screwed every time you just start to slam buildings into your town, either by chemical fires, pollution, crap, nuclear disaster, wrong type of work force or whatever. You have to plan stuff to make it run smooth and make serious profits to advance.

That's my experience, if I would actively seek flaws and bugs I would find them in tons, but I dont, and I'm happy with the game (if we forgot about the traffic jams and authority trains >_>) since I'm having great time with it. I dont feel like playing a complete mess, when I get that feeling I usually stop playing.

Though I understand people getting mad at the DRM, and many things that currently does not work in the game as intented, I guess I'm just having a different approach since I havent got mad at the game not once.

• gekidogekido Member UncommonPosts: 66

I am not going to mince words: WAAAAAAA. Waaa waaaaa waaa wa waaaaaaaa waaaaaaa waaaaaaaa. 

I am WAAAAAA'ing this . . . and I am free. I am completely and totally WAAAAA. I no longer have any WAAAAAA to look forward to. I no longer have to WAAAAAA about upgrading my PC. I'm WAAAA. 

EA set the model for gaming (the model being WAAAAAAA). Blizzard set the model for MMORPGs (waaaaa, waaaaa, waaaaaa).

IT. IS. WAAA. 

EA, Thank (F) You! waaaaa!!!

I AM FREE TO WAAAAA!

HENCEFORTH, I shall no longer follow the development of any games. Thank (f) you!

P.S. WAAAA!

I couldn't understand the original post so I modified it a little and added the following media for a better visual depiction.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

Blizzard set the model for MMORPGs (dumbed-dumb, predictable, cartoonish).
    !

Really ignorant if you think Blizzard's WOW is the only one out there.
    There are MUCH better ones Live, with better ocntent and better graphics.

But yeah, if you lemming after the massess.....I can understand that you think the MMO world is all about elves and orcs playing in China.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• kyssarikyssari Member Posts: 142

EA has always sucked and Blizzard has sucked for a long time now, ever since they soldout, lot of other big companies tend to follow the same trend as these two and suck as well but theres still plenty of other people out there still putting out great games.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    Well he has a point but relax man, It isn't the end of the world. :)
  • MyriaMyria Member UncommonPosts: 699

One of the very few advantages of getting old and crotchety is seeing how true it is that nothing ever really changes. Back in the day it was annoying twits in record stores cornering anyone they could to tell them that their favorite band had "Sold out" the second more than three people had actually heard of them. Now it's annoying little twits going on about, not how fun or not a game is, but how some evil company has "ruined" gaming by doing things in a way they didn't like.

Same shit, different day.

What "HOPE" in gaming was there to lose? It's a hobby, not a religion, for God's sake (pun intended). The amount of lost perspective people have over this stuff is just stunning. EA the most "evil" company around? Do you have even the vaguest clue what "evil" means? Hint: It goes a bit beyond a bunch of whiny basement dwellers being butthurt over having to actually use their internet connections for something besides pr0n.

Manipulate people into giving you their life's savings and then spending it on a new Bentley instead of investing it like you said you would?

Evil, albeit a very long ways from being the worst evil the world has ever seen.

Creating an entertainment product, being perfectly up front with the requirements needed to run it, and then selling it?

Not even in Evil's general neighborhood.

Here's the only "HOPE" any sane person should have in gaming: That there are and will continue to be games out there that you, as an individual, find fun to play.

If you've lost that hope, well that's unfortunate, but it sure the hell isn't EA or Blizzard's fault.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by dreamer05
    Honestly EA really screwed Sim City on this one.  I hope they learn from their actions and that gamers don't continue to put up with such terrible quality games.

Sadly EA/Maxis indeed did screw up SimCity. The old ones were AWESOME, but this new one sucks big time. I don't really mind the 24/7 DRM since I only play at home, I just fear the end-of-life cycle and not being able to play anymore IF I want to.

It's just that the actual game just sucks. Gameplay is nowhere near the level of the old SimCity games. Regional (online) game-play just isn't gonna happen (remember CitiesXL as online game om 2008?). Saved cities dissapearing or not being able to load, amazing bugs in the engine when it comes to handling traffic and population growth and more such things.

Because of SimCity I also purchased Anno 2070 last Friday and I have to say that this game is more sim city than SimCity is...

• rooster99rooster99 Member UncommonPosts: 30
    Originally posted by FromHell
    here is a teddy bear, now show us where EA touched you

lol

• TsaboHavocTsaboHavoc Member UncommonPosts: 435

I am not going to mince words: thank (f) you, EA. You finally have destroyed what little spirit and hope that I had in gaming. Only EA could do this to Sim City. 

I am writing this . . . and I am free. I am completely and totally free. I no longer have any games to look forward to. I no longer have to worry about upgrading my PC. I'm done. 

EA set the model for gaming (the model being ripping off your customers). Blizzard set the model for MMORPGs (dumbed-dumb, predictable, cartoonish).

IT. IS. ME. 

EA, Thank (F) You!

I AM FREE!

HENCEFORTH, I shall no longer follow the development of any games. Thank (f) you!

if u truly mean this, wise decision. dont mind ppl saying u are a drama queen, they have a big EA *ick deep in their ears; they think u are really mad while u just quitted in cold heart. btw boycoting EA too here.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    Originally posted by Reizla
    ()

()

Because of SimCity I also purchased Anno 2070 last Friday and I have to say that this game is more sim city than SimCity is...

I've seen that title being mentioned many times. Is a better promo even possible? :p Due to the recent hubbub surrounding SC.

I'm curious and checking out more info about Anno 2070.

And lol, Steam sale :')

• TsaboHavocTsaboHavoc Member UncommonPosts: 435
    Originally posted by rooster99
    Originally posted by FromHell
    here is a teddy bear, now show us where EA touched you

lol

same place ur mom used to touch but not in that sweet way,

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by NBlitz
    Originally posted by Reizla
    ()

()

I've seen that title being mentioned many times. Is a better promo even possible? :p Due to the recent hubbub surrounding SC.

I'm curious and checking out more info about Anno 2070.

And lol, Steam sale :')

I've read a couple of times that Anno 2070 would be better than SimCity as well (hence the title of that blogpost I made :p). When I saw it was on sale on Steam this weekend I bought it almost immediately. And honestly (and sadly enough), I am enjoying Anno 2070 a lot more than SimCIty.

This discussion has been closed.