Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Defiance is my top pick for a MMORPG in 2013.

1235»

Comments

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by xpowderx

Yes, you heard it! I am picking Defiance as the most likely candidate for both MMORPG of the year and most innovative. Why most innovative? As Defiance is the only mmo to be cross-platform. available on PC,Xbox360 and PS3's. It is also the only game I know of where our actions in the game effect the new series Defiance on Syfy.

I loved Rift, if Defiance is anywhere near the gameplay and content Rift provides it will be incredible!

My best wishes to those playing Defiance now and Trion Worlds. Such a innovative title!

ummm final fantasy 11 been had cross platform and even on same servers with international player with a built-in translator on 360/PC/PS2/PS3 since before WoW came out plus its actually a "mmorpg".  Defiance doesnt even let PC and 360 play on same servers.

• AntiquatedAntiquated Member RarePosts: 1,415
    Originally posted by DSWBeef
    I agree with you. Ive been saying for months how Defiance will swoop in under the radar and take over. Wish I could break NDA.....

Interesting that someone thought to combine addictive behaviors (MMOs, television, and social media) all into one pulsing mass.

Now if they can just work in drinking, somehow.

"Brought to you by Anheuser-Busch and that industry we can't legally talk about any more."

There we go, winnah!

• PsYcHoGBRPsYcHoGBR Member UncommonPosts: 482
    Originally posted by morbuskabis

Just wonder how the EU ppl will be able to watch the Syfy part. Any news on that?

I live in the UK and we have SyFy channel. It looks like the TV series starts here on the 16th April 2013.

http://www.geektown.co.uk/tvairdates/defiance/

• BrownAleBrownAle Member Posts: 399

Yes, you heard it! I am picking Defiance as the most likely candidate for both MMORPG of the year and most innovative. Why most innovative? As Defiance is the only mmo to be cross-platform. available on PC,Xbox360 and PS3's. It is also the only game I know of where our actions in the game effect the new series Defiance on Syfy.

I loved Rift, if Defiance is anywhere near the gameplay and content Rift provides it will be incredible!

My best wishes to those playing Defiance now and Trion Worlds. Such a innovative title!

Really the term "innovation" means "i really like it" here...and in most applications of its use.

Theres nothing innovative about the game, its a MMORPG with guns.

I really detest when people use the term innovative when talking about a game.  Almost 100% used to sell the game to people and rarely includes an actual innovation or uniqueness.

I think the game will do fine, and im probably going to play it at launch.  It just irks me to see innovation used here.  Yeah multi-platform is great when all play together, which they wont be due to first party hardware nazi'ism...cant have soe customers playing with microsoft customers now can we?

Linking it to a tv show is more a gimmick than anything else.  Plenty of games have been based off other forms of media, and rarely does it result in all the fans of said tv/movie/book ip jumping into the game, and rarely does it involve fans of a game taking up the various other forms of media that the game takes from. 

Again, im most likely going to buy and support this game, i just cant stand the advertisement quality support a lot of people place on games.  Call it hype if you want...it typically serves a game a dis-service in getting people expections too high.  Most cant handel a game not meeting expectations and take it very personally against the developers and game itself.

I honestly think games would do better if everyone just said the game was average...at least better past the first month.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Mavolence
    Originally posted by deanobeano1

youll be dissapointed, as defiance is nothing like rift. at first it sounded like it was going to be. but i know someone testing it and he says they recently made item drops flat across the whole game because they wanted everyone to be equal in pvp. by this i mean an item you find as a noob is your end game equipment. dont expect to find better gear because there is no progression.

the game could not be more different than rift. the developers think that story and pvp is enough. if you enjoy hunt for better gear, dont bother, there is no hunt for better gear.

uber fail incoming.

Wait..wait a game with no gear treadmill is a bad thing? O.o

they said it was for GW2 so yes to be fair it must be for this game too.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• sancher36sancher36 Member UncommonPosts: 458
    Originally posted by azzamasin
    Originally posted by Mavolence
    Originally posted by deanobeano1

youll be dissapointed, as defiance is nothing like rift. at first it sounded like it was going to be. but i know someone testing it and he says they recently made item drops flat across the whole game because they wanted everyone to be equal in pvp. by this i mean an item you find as a noob is your end game equipment. dont expect to find better gear because there is no progression.

the game could not be more different than rift. the developers think that story and pvp is enough. if you enjoy hunt for better gear, dont bother, there is no hunt for better gear.

uber fail incoming.

Wait..wait a game with no gear treadmill is a bad thing? O.o

they said it was for GW2 so yes to be fair it must be for this game too.

Weapons with hundreds of modifications and also the level of mobs does affect what drops in game 

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078
    Originally posted by Antiquated
    Originally posted by DSWBeef
    I agree with you. Ive been saying for months how Defiance will swoop in under the radar and take over. Wish I could break NDA.....

Interesting that someone thought to combine addictive behaviors (MMOs, television, and social media) all into one pulsing mass.

Now if they can just work in drinking, somehow.

"Brought to you by Anheuser-Busch and that industry we can't legally talk about any more."

There we go, winnah!

heh, I prefer my Jager :-D And it looks like Defiance is swooping over and is the "IN" game for the year!