Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Thank You, EA! I Have Finally LOST ALL HOPE In Gaming!

ColumbiaTrueColumbiaTrue BogotaPosts: 47Member

I am not going to mince words: thank (f) you, EA. You finally have destroyed what little spirit and hope that I had in gaming. Only EA could do this to Sim City. 

I am writing this . . . and I am free. I am completely and totally free. I no longer have any games to look forward to. I no longer have to worry about upgrading my PC. I'm done. 

EA set the model for gaming (the model being ripping off your customers). Blizzard set the model for MMORPGs (dumbed-dumb, predictable, cartoonish).

IT. IS. ME. 

EA, Thank (F) You!

I AM FREE!

HENCEFORTH, I shall no longer follow the development of any games. Thank (f) you!

"The truth is EA lies." - Youtube User

Sim City. Everquest. Civilization. Dungeon Keeper. Vampire: The Masquerade. These are the games that I love and cherish.

Comments

• jimdandy26jimdandy26 salem, ORPosts: 527Member
    Go take a xanex and chill out. ffs

I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won.

To exercise power costs effort and demands courage. That is why so many fail to assert rights to which they are perfectly entitled - because a right is a kind of power but they are too lazy or too cowardly to exercise it. The virtues which cloak these faults are called patience and forbearance.

• DamonVileDamonVile Vancouver, BCPosts: 4,818Member
    how long till he shows up in another game thread ? a week ?
  • NBlitzNBlitz ZwollePosts: 1,904Member
    I would totally love a dedicated QQ subforum on mmorpg.com for MMOs and gaming in general.
  • PsychowPsychow SF Giants Territory, CAPosts: 1,784Member

if you don't delete your character/saved games and uninstall the games you mentioned...you are a Phoney...a Big Fat Phoney...hey guys...he's a PHONEY...a Big Fat Phoney!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSTEqHxh3fI

• FromHellFromHell NY, NYPosts: 1,311Member
    here is a teddy bear, now show us where EA touched you

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• Tyvolus4Tyvolus4 lincoln, NEPosts: 175Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by ColumbiaTrue

I am not going to mince words: thank (f) you, EA. You finally have destroyed what little spirit and hope that I had in gaming. Only EA could do this to Sim City. 

I am writing this . . . and I am free. I am completely and totally free. I no longer have any games to look forward to. I no longer have to worry about upgrading my PC. I'm done. 

EA set the model for gaming (the model being ripping off your customers). Blizzard set the model for MMORPGs (dumbed-dumb, predictable, cartoonish).

IT. IS. ME. 

EA, Thank (F) You!

I AM FREE!

HENCEFORTH, I shall no longer follow the development of any games. Thank (f) you!

I dont buy EA games and have not for YEARS.  having said that, I dont even have time to play a fraction of the great games that are out there...stop being a drama queen.

• ArduArdu Hallandale, FLPosts: 55Member
    Lol! I couldn't have agreed more, they're dead to me.
  • aleosaleos na, INPosts: 1,863Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by FromHell
    here is a teddy bear, now show us where EA touched you

teddy bears dont have wallets.

• KarahandrasKarahandras Sible HedinghamPosts: 1,676Member Uncommon
    Maybe bookmark desura or gog for when you've calmed down, just in case.
  • ColumbiaTrueColumbiaTrue BogotaPosts: 47Member

You're not going to believe this. I was going to post:

EDIT:

ONE EXCEPTION: TOTAL WAR 

But I did some research and saw that EA is a publisher; it is a mere matter of time before they are destroyed. 

"The truth is EA lies." - Youtube User

Sim City. Everquest. Civilization. Dungeon Keeper. Vampire: The Masquerade. These are the games that I love and cherish.

• EladiEladi ArnhemPosts: 1,100Member Uncommon

Meh plenty of games out there that do not belong to EA. simply dont buy EA games and give them a bad rating on every single game they publish even if you do no own it over time as more andn more join EA rep will be so bad that they wont be able to publish any game for several gaming generation and not even the big8 would want to buy them out. 

(the big8 (media) are  Time Warner, News Corp, Walt Disney ,Viacom ,Comcast, Bertelsmann, Vivendi, Sony, they own most of the gamehouses/developers and other media )

• AntiquatedAntiquated Oak Brook, MIPosts: 673Member Uncommon

I am not going to mince words: thank (f) you, EA.

Counts as mincing to me.

Now if you really wanted to go balls to the wall, I'm sure your post could switch to full-on rage. I mean, it doesn't really count as a rage-induced flame out without the actual flame, does it?

• dreamer05dreamer05 Kansas City, MOPosts: 545Member Uncommon
    Honestly EA really screwed Sim City on this one.  I hope they learn from their actions and that gamers don't continue to put up with such terrible quality games.

"God, please help us sinful children of Ivalice.."

• DamonVileDamonVile Vancouver, BCPosts: 4,818Member
    Originally posted by dreamer05
     I hope they learn from their actions and that gamers don't continue to put up with such terrible quality games.

lol good one.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Posts: 14,784Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by dreamer05
    Honestly EA really screwed Sim City on this one.  I hope they learn from their actions and that gamers don't continue to put up with such terrible quality games.

If that were going to happen on a wide enough scale for EA to care, it would have happened about 20 years ago.

Really, though, don't just give up on gaming entirely because of one company, even if it's a big one that has bought franchises that you used to like.  There are a lot of other gaming companies out there that are better than EA.

• TuchakaTuchaka san diego, CAPosts: 468Member
     While the initial post was a bit over the top , i recomend a lot of people stop following the development of games especially since so many turn out to be horrible the hype bandwagon serves no one but the people making the game.  Nothing worse than spending years following a game and having it turn out to suck, so why not follow games less that way no attachment when they turn out to stink. EA is not my favorite company by any strectch but they have done some thing that I understand why it has allienated gamers.
  • TofkeTofke GeelPosts: 216Member Common

*Giggle* EA and games looking forward to. And since when did we need to upgrade our pc's for EA's games.

Brilliant advice if I say so myself... Just go for other dev's and publishers, you wont miss em all too much ;)

• AxehiltAxehilt San Francisco, CAPosts: 8,753Member Uncommon

How is it ripping off customers for Sim City to be a reasonably fun game at a reasonable price?

I'm a little confused whether you actually care about gaming, or if you only care about holding onto a misguided rage against EA. Because a good game at a reasonable price is about as much as anyone could ask for (minus the launch-day hiccups, of course, but those are over now.)

"Joe stated his case logically and passionately, but his perceived effeminate voice only drew big gales of stupid laughter..." -Idiocracy
    "There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance." -Socrates

• KuinnKuinn MestaPosts: 2,093Member

EA, Thank (F) You!

I would like to thank EA too, I really enjoy the new Sim City. I bought it pretty randomly and casually since it's been a while since I played a similar game, and damn, I went 6 hours straight after the first fire up!

There's quite a few bugs to be squashed but the game is extremely fun and deep, only thing I really dont like is the emphasis on the vertical progression of your city, I'd really like the areas where you can build a city to be bigger, not neccessary much, but at least a bit.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread PshPosts: 5,503Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Kuinn

EA, Thank (F) You!

I would like to thank EA too, I really enjoy the new Sim City. I bought it pretty randomly and casually since it's been a while since I played a similar game, and damn, I went 6 hours straight after the first fire up!

There's quite a few bugs to be squashed but the game is extremely fun and deep, only thing I really dont like is the emphasis on the vertical progression of your city, I'd really like the areas where you can build a city to be bigger, not neccessary much, but at least a bit.

The depth is the thing that is missing IMO. Read this:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9362695.page

Besides never having to put a single commercial or industrial zone down, the simulation itself is screwed in like 50 other ways. You could read about it in their forums or go here:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/tag/simcity/

It's a complete mess. And not because of the online only thing.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid hell, NJPosts: 6,783Member Uncommon

OP, you can always boycott the companies that piss you off with crap business practices by not buying anything from them anymore  and actually be happy with the ones that actually care about their games and the players.

Not surprised that Simcity was a mess. We have witnessed for years what evil EA can do to games and other companies alike.

• QuailmanQuailman marlborough, MAPosts: 165Member

Someone pointed me to this comment made on cnet.com about EA's Real Racing 3:

http://www.cnet.com/8705-4_1-0.html?username=OutlawJenner#13765408

Enjoy the future of gaming.

Consume. Be silent. Die.

• DalekThayDalekThay Bangor, MIPosts: 52Member

SimCity is the first EA game I've purchased since I swore them off after Mass Effect 3. And you know what? Despite the flaws & controversey, it's actually pretty fun! In fact, I'd say its the best SimCity game since SimCity 2000.

So thank you EA / Maxis for providing me with a fun game which has already sucked away more hours of my life than I care to admit. Now please fix the bugs so I can enjoy it even more.

• olepiolepi Austin, TXPosts: 1,150Member Uncommon

I'm waiting for complaints about the auto-generated billboards that show ads in your city. It's bound to happen pretty soon :)

How could EA pass up THAT revenue stream?

------------
    RIP City of Heroes. One of my favorite MMO's.

• ragz45ragz45 rochester hills, MIPosts: 688Member Uncommon

You don't think it's a coincidence that Publishers like EA & Activision have dramatically increased revenue with the more mainstream acceptance and usage of pre-orders do you?  These companies feed off of individuals like yourself that buy games the day of release, or what's worse pre-order games, before there are any solid reviews of those games.

Stop being a sheep, wait a week or two after release, at LEAST, before you buy a game.  The problem is the gaming genre is filled with sheep just like you.

This discussion has been closed.