Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Everquest Next on Playstation 4

BidwoodBidwood Member Posts: 554

Smedley tweets:

"we are VERY excited about the Playstation 4. Read into that what you will :)"

PLEASE put this game on Playstation 4!!!!

Comments

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    did he also tweet he was excited about permadeath? 
  • BidwoodBidwood Member Posts: 554
    Originally posted by muffins89

That was a pretty weird "joke" unless it was in the context of other tweets... still weird.

But the "We're excited about PS4" is a lot more realistic. The PS4 is apparently a lot more like a PC in that the architecture allows them to port games over with minimal customization - vastly easier than with PS3. It has more modern technology... AND is a Sony platform with more cooperative gameplay as a unique selling point.

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987
    This would make it EQ Nil for me. I was excited about Dust until I found out it was a console game.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• xeniarxeniar Member UncommonPosts: 805
    Smedly has no news at all. hes just tweeting random things to get us exiting here.... what 3 statements now over twitter? Things u don't just casually mention to the public? yeah right.
  • William12William12 Member Posts: 680
    nothing to do with eqn.  SOE is in charge of all ps4 online games developed by sony.
    What's with the Playstation hate? Why couldn't he be referring to EQN?
  • strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538
    no chance in hell eqn isnt released on PC, but no reason to think it cant be cross platform.  FFXI already has shown cross platform MMORPGs can work.
  • FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    I'm buying a PS4 anyway, wouldn"t mind if EQ Next is PS4 exclusive

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• crysentcrysent Member UncommonPosts: 841
    Originally posted by ignore_me
    This would make it EQ Nil for me. I was excited about Dust until I found out it was a console game.

I bet you still end up playing it..

I would expect it to be multi-platform on PS4 and PC. Otherwise SOE would be trolling its PC gamers after all of this hype.

If Sony wants developers to believe it's easy to develop for/port to PS4, they should walk the talk and release as many of their PC titles on PS4 as possible. (As long as they have appropriate controls/UI.)

• nephren25nephren25 Member UncommonPosts: 143

no way it will be ps4 only. ps4/pc sure.

• NikopolNikopol Member UncommonPosts: 626

I think Smed's actually trying to come up with a hype bot for twitter. :)

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538
    Originally posted by Nikopol

I think Smed's actually trying to come up with a hype bot for twitter. :)

Closest they have come to promoting themsleves in years

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    It will definetly be on PC, although there a reasonable possiblility it will also cokme out of PS4 i reckon.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547

well played sir!

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    I would be tickled pink if EQN came out on PS4. Not only would I save a few hundred dollars not buying a new computer I wouldn't cut myself out of console games... due to buying the new computer lol.

If the PS4 is more comparable with PC games then I am 100% sure Sony will come out with a keyboard and mouse to connect to the PS4. Here's me, playing on my couch again! :)
  • AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    *compatable
  • AG-VukAG-Vuk Member UncommonPosts: 823
    Originally posted by ignore_me
    This would make it EQ Nil for me.

^ console games rarely if ever have translated well to PC. This doesn't necessarily mean with the new gen consoles, it won't. Just the probablity it won't, is still high, unless proven otherwise.

• AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961
    That would be horrible. Lets hope he is just babbling like most of the time.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I wish they would teach their PC coders to not  have so many coding errors,memory leaks.Every time i pla ya SOE game ,i have to reboot my PC or other programs do funky stuff and become lagged,bugged.If they have the same people that handle the PC end of games do the porting,then shoud ltake them about 20 years to make sure it is not bugged for the PS4.

They should get their Naughty dog team involved with their rpg ,i would expect a 300% improvement.Their Everquest team is aside fro mthe Sigil guys who left,is probablyu stil lthe same old school guys from Eq1 and why everything they do is so full of coding mistakes.

SOE=worst qualioty assurance team i have ever seen in gaming,nobody else comes close.Their games are great,i am quite happy with their customer support,better than most everyone,but coding is ...grrrrrrrrrr.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• AwDiddumsAwDiddums Member UncommonPosts: 416

To be quite honest I'l be purchasing a PS4, not because of the possibility that EQNext could appear there, but because it's a far cheaper alternative to me upgrading my rig for a new one at this time.

I'l just have to get used to using a controllers again, it's been absolutely years since I've played on a console.

• Thebrave246Thebrave246 Member Posts: 174
    I played Everquest Online Adventures on my old Playstation 2 for years. It was VERY fun and had a pretty good community even though there was NO voip, I used an old keyboard to type on it and it was pretty restrictive with a lot of communication. NOW if EQ Next gets release on the PS4, I MAY have to buy one lol. Even though my PC has a GTX 690, 16GB of DDR3 memory and it's a dream PC. But I may stay with my PC with it, only time will tell. But either way I will be preordering EQ Next whenever it comes available!! I can't wait for it.
  • TelondarielTelondariel Member Posts: 1,001
    Originally posted by Tokken

well played sir!

I'm finding his little teasers and games to be tiring.

• Thebrave246Thebrave246 Member Posts: 174
    Yeah, I really hope we get some actual gameplay footage or something soon, the teases are getting old lol
  • ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254
    Originally posted by Bidwood

Smedley tweets:

"we are VERY excited about the Playstation 4. Read into that what you will :)"

Sony owns both PS4 and SOE, and they sent out a memo telling all their gaming interests to praise the PS4 through social media to help feed the buzz.

Smedley sees it as another serendipitous way of making people talk about EQN.

That's what I will read into it.