Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to charge back 100% honestly

When you file the dispute claim software not delivered and specifically state you paid for this back in December when they stated clearly in posts we would have the production launch in January, then they stated February, and it is now March and still not in production.  So they have not delivered on what they stated at all.  

So that way you are not lying at all and it is using the very words posted by AV.  This is not a troll thread and is 100% honest because they have not delivered the goods by the stated deadline they keep changing....

Just got notice both of my disputes were honored and I won them.

Comments

• SephrosSephros Member UncommonPosts: 429
    Word!

Error: No Keyboard Detected!
    Press F1 to continue......

• Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780

cool story

as they say, its done when its done.

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    They should just do refunts on pre-orders if they are waaaay off.  I don't think DF is that far past a release date compared to other releases (although they did suggest it was ever so close).  Something like MO where it is a year and a half later was pretty sad.    The only problem with a charge back is your account gets banned typically (not that it matters in most cases).

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527

Yeah they can ban my account - it is just the principle of lying to your community over and over and piss poor communication.  I am done with the game and wanted my $ back to use on something I know I will enjoy a lot more.  And I do agree they should do refunds when they have not even come close to hitting dates.

Now IF they were honest with their customer base and were good communicators I would be fine like other games paying the $ and saying heh was noy my cup of tea as I have done before.  But the constant stringing along and lying just amplifies it.

• AlexanderVendiAlexanderVendi Member UncommonPosts: 375

So much whine... i remember that for about 3+ weeks after the preorder launch they were very active whit updateds (which continued to this day) and staying in touch whit the community (that not so much lately but i guess they are working on shit... u have to take in consideration the fact that this is NOT blizzard or a major company and yes i understand that it's not a excuse BUT please get your shit togheter and don't spend money u can't afford paying for . especialy on BETA PROGRAMS

Either pay for the potential the game MIGHT have in the future or gtfo , take your money and go play one of the trilions of themeparks out there.

have a good day

Originally posted by Filterheadz

please get your shit togheter and don't spend money u can't afford paying for . especialy on BETA PROGRAMS

Either pay for the potential the game MIGHT have in the future or gtfo , take your money and go play one of the trilions of themeparks out there.

Oh I can afford it just fine - I just refuse to donate it to a game that has been delayed constantly and is not delivering half of what they claimed to and yes that is what I did - took my $ and onto another game that is much more fun.  Thanks for pointing out exactly what I did.

• Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686
    Originally posted by Mad+Dog

cool story

Then why did Aventurine lie to us when they stated it was just some minor fixes and a release in a couple of weeks in november 2012?

That is very far from what you claim they said "its done when its done".

I'm still waiting for release but i lost all confidence in that Tasos dude that i see as nothing else but a notorious lier.

Aventurine wanted some fast money to continue production on DFUW and lied to their community about the state of the game, that is what happened. 

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

So long as you don't get what you ask for and you ask for a refund that they end up refusing, I see no problem at all with doing a charge back, specially if your very clear about it and provide an advance warning about doing so. If you aren't able to play what you paid money for AND they refuse you a refund, I honestly see nothing wrong with it. Its basically scamming you out of your money, simple as that.

• VindicarVindicar Member UncommonPosts: 138
    Originally posted by Filterheadz

So much whine... i remember that for about 3+ weeks after the preorder launch they were very active whit updateds (which continued to this day) and staying in touch whit the community (that not so much lately but i guess they are working on shit... u have to take in consideration the fact that this is NOT blizzard or a major company and yes i understand that it's not a excuse BUT please get your shit togheter and don't spend money u can't afford paying for . especialy on BETA PROGRAMS

have a good day

So yes, but no... because yes , even if I know that no... so FU.

Au revoir.

Did I make any sense ? ... neither did you...

Old school french hardcore whiner. Online since T4C.

I was "Namless" and "Daroot" in AO (Rk2)
    Been known as "Vindicar" (Aion (EU), SWTOR (EU), WoW (EU).
    Recently  Known as "Wundicar" and "Wundee" in Age of Wushu (US) and Wulin (EU)

Franky Rivera Reyes , From the Reyes Brotherhood (Star Citizen)

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430

people are very quick with the word 'lie.'  If something doesn't go exactly as planned, the L word is quickly brought forth.  It is possible to say something and mean it, but it not come to fruition.  IE:  We are planning on a 1st QTR release (or something).  However, in beta, things come up and the date is pushed back.  This wouldn't be a 'L', but honest miscaluclation, or changes in circumstances, or a host of other reasons.

I'm not saying they didn't Lie, I just don't know.  I do however, believe that they had planned to bring it out, and the beta actually worked, and they found things that needed fixing.  Imagine that.  Using a beta, having people find bugs, delaying the release so that they can fix them.  Seems to pass the commense sense test to me.

I self identify as a monkey.

Originally posted by Purutzil

So long as you don't get what you ask for and you ask for a refund that they end up refusing, I see no problem at all with doing a charge back, specially if your very clear about it and provide an advance warning about doing so. If you aren't able to play what you paid money for AND they refuse you a refund, I honestly see nothing wrong with it. Its basically scamming you out of your money, simple as that.

Spot on and yes they have stated it very clearly they will not offer any refunds at all even though people bring up to them all the time that is againt EU law....  Just shows how shady they are....

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    Originally posted by Deerhunter71
    Originally posted by Purutzil

Spot on and yes they have stated it very clearly they will not offer any refunds at all even though people bring up to them all the time that is againt EU law....  Just shows how shady they are....

this is the only game Ive ever refunded in my life , and I do not regret it at all. My issue was a lot different though , I asked for a refund after two weeks of CS back and forths because the game was not capable of reading optimus drivers , and the only work around , I had to find myself using fallen earth of all games for a fix , I dont even play that game heh. Anyways they argued tooth and nail with me and were just generally rude when it wasnt even my fault the game would just crash over and over. Finally I got fed up with the moronic greek CS basically being smartasses and using an excuse the game was in beta to fix an issue. If the CS would of actually been willing to help I would of just eat the 30 dollars for the game , but honestly I think after talking directly with them , they do not deserve to be in business any longer. I had to go directly through my credit card company for a refund and they banned the account , oh well no loss there trust me and I didnt even get to play the game. They didnt even try to dispute the charge back with my card company either so that tells you right there they know they are messing around on thin ice with being borderline illegal. Also my card company told me directly if software does not work as described you have a right to get your money back by US law, so not sure how people here can argue that.

• psykobillypsykobilly Member Posts: 338

Poor people are funny.

I feel bad for you... you should buy groceries instead of video games.

Originally posted by psykobilly

Poor people are funny.

LOL at poor....  Kid, I do IT Production Support at a major credit card company so go crawl back with your "poor" statement.  The game has not been delivered and missing a lot of the content they said would be in it...

I had a right to do it and if AV thought I had no right to do it they should have responded to the dispute like another user posted. They did not even bother to respond because they know they are wrong.  My reason was 100% honest and legit.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Poor people are funny.

LOL at poor....  Kid, I do IT Production Support at a major credit card company so go crawl back with your "poor" statement.  The game has not been delivered and missing a lot of the content they said would be in it...

I had a right to do it and if AV thought I had no right to do it they should have responded to the dispute like another user posted. They did not even bother to respond because they know they are wrong.  My reason was 100% honest and legit.

I see Deerhunter71's point. Its not necessarily about getting the money back, rather the principle of the matter. 

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

Originally posted by mgilbrtsn

people are very quick with the word 'lie.'  If something doesn't go exactly as planned, the L word is quickly brought forth.  It is possible to say something and mean it, but it not come to fruition.  IE:  We are planning on a 1st QTR release (or something).  However, in beta, things come up and the date is pushed back.  This wouldn't be a 'L', but honest miscaluclation, or changes in circumstances, or a host of other reasons.

I'm not saying they didn't Lie, I just don't know.  I do however, believe that they had planned to bring it out, and the beta actually worked, and they found things that needed fixing.  Imagine that.  Using a beta, having people find bugs, delaying the release so that they can fix them.  Seems to pass the commense sense test to me.

Try to understand that the game was lightyears from a release in a couple of weeks november 2012 as they claimed. It was far from ready and of course Aventurine knew that. They lied to us.

Originally posted by stragen001

Poor people are funny.

I see Deerhunter71's point. Its not necessarily about getting the money back, rather the principle of the matter. 

Exactly - heck I have crow funded games because I like the principle of what they are trying to do and the devs actually give daily posts and keep you up to date on their plans and thoughts - that is not the case here and it is sad unfortunately.

• SoulStainSoulStain Member Posts: 202

I don't blame the OP. I'm still thinking about doing this for the WarZ pre-order. Sounds like they've done the same thing as AV in not having most of the features they claimed they would have in the last 6months. I mean..it seems all they spent my money on was rent...it certainly didnt go into the game. I'll probably let it go because I fell for the shite and should have known better at my age. Live and learn.

Then again..it seems many new companies seem to be relying on the magic combo of compulsive buying and pre-order "bundles" to reap in fabulous cash prizes without having to really do anything but make a few exaggerated claims or whitewash some filthy promises.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    there is a lot of people on this site though that look at any sort of refund as you are poor and broke and cannot afford your games or you are ripping the company off. This is pretty common here in every single refund thread for any game. Those same people do not realise they are the real problem with games this day and age , allowing devs to make broken promises and shoddy customer service that is rude and disrespectful. They sign these idiots paychecks by continuing to pay for games that are hyped up garbage. If their opinions ment more than a fart in the real world credit card companies would not offer refunds to begin with for purchases. I wouldnt even let the trolling get to you here , you have a right to do what you want with your own money regardless of what people here say and call you names for.  The more people that speak with their wallets the less funding these pipedream devs like advertine get funded to rip more people off.
    Originally posted by cronius77
    there is a lot of people on this site though that look at any sort of refund as you are poor and broke and cannot afford your games or you are ripping the company off. This is pretty common here in every single refund thread for any game. Those same people do not realise they are the real problem with games this day and age , allowing devs to make broken promises and shoddy customer service that is rude and disrespectful. They sign these idiots paychecks by continuing to pay for games that are hyped up garbage. If their opinions ment more than a fart in the real world credit card companies would not offer refunds to begin with for purchases. I wouldnt even let the trolling get to you here , you have a right to do what you want with your own money regardless of what people here say and call you names for.  The more people that speak with their wallets the less funding these pipedream devs like advertine get funded to rip more people off.

Well said - the more we speak with our wallets or lack of the more impact it will make.  The purpose of this thread is for those also wanting to do the same to know the 100% honest way to charge back with valid reasons.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720
    If you want to do it 100% by the book you should always request a refund from the company first before doing a chargeback(even if you know they won't give one)

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• BrownAleBrownAle Member Posts: 399
    Originally posted by Aragon100

cool story

Then why did Aventurine lie to us when they stated it was just some minor fixes and a release in a couple of weeks in november 2012?

I'm still waiting for release but i lost all confidence in that Tasos dude that i see as nothing else but a notorious lier.

Aventurine wanted some fast money to continue production on DFUW and lied to their community about the state of the game, that is what happened. 

It wasnt a lie.  The loudest parts of the community got up in arms with ever detail that was changed from 1.0, despite knowing the change was comming.

So AV started to change those systems to lessen the tempertantrums...hence the legnth of the delays.

Even now, major systems are getting changed based on feedback...that takes time.

If people had been happy with the mechanic changes that they knew about since...i dunno 2010 when talk of this all was in full swing...well the game might have launched by now.

People want the wobble out, despite wanting it in which is why they put it there.  People want the UI out, which was changed due to the same people wanting it...well really the exact way it is now.  People wanted a lot of stuff done to 1.0...at lot was done...most in line to what was complained about in 1,0.  Now the complaint is that its not 1.0 and want it back.

AV is in a rough spot.  This is really case and point as to why you never listen to the community, especially if it involes veteran players, and just follow your vision.

Right now we lost a sandbox, DF:UW isnt a sandbox anymore...its more an arena pvp game with territory control.  They take away some of the implimented systems and make it quake style combat again...and they are going to have one total flop on their hands.  No one likes quake combat anymore, not even FPS players...

Oh and if you expect AV to be on time with dates you must be really new to darkfall.

I havent been a fan of its direction for a while now.  They got $15 from me and its such a small amount of money i dont care. Im fairly certain i wont be playing past the first month of launch.  Its still the shallow pvp combat game it always was, just now the skill system i liked and the feeling of progression are gone.  Its now more like planetside2..which...fun at first but zero long term replayability.

Originally posted by BrownAle

cool story

It wasnt a lie.  The loudest parts of the community got up in arms with ever detail that was changed from 1.0, despite knowing the change was comming.

So AV started to change those systems to lessen the tempertantrums...hence the legnth of the delays.

Even now, major systems are getting changed based on feedback...that takes time.

If people had been happy with the mechanic changes that they knew about since...i dunno 2010 when talk of this all was in full swing...well the game might have launched by now.

People want the wobble out, despite wanting it in which is why they put it there.  People want the UI out, which was changed due to the same people wanting it...well really the exact way it is now.  People wanted a lot of stuff done to 1.0...at lot was done...most in line to what was complained about in 1,0.  Now the complaint is that its not 1.0 and want it back.

AV is in a rough spot.  This is really case and point as to why you never listen to the community, especially if it involes veteran players, and just follow your vision.

Right now we lost a sandbox, DF:UW isnt a sandbox anymore...its more an arena pvp game with territory control.  They take away some of the implimented systems and make it quake style combat again...and they are going to have one total flop on their hands.  No one likes quake combat anymore, not even FPS players...

Oh and if you expect AV to be on time with dates you must be really new to darkfall.

I havent been a fan of its direction for a while now.  They got $15 from me and its such a small amount of money i dont care. Im fairly certain i wont be playing past the first month of launch.  Its still the shallow pvp combat game it always was, just now the skill system i liked and the feeling of progression are gone.  Its now more like planetside2..which...fun at first but zero long term replayability.

I played DF 1 beta and been following Darkfall from i first heard of it 1999. So i am a way older Darkfall follower then you. I know Aventurine. I seen their lies before. As when they changed the outcome of sieges with serverdowns cause the biggest zerg screamed they would rage quit on forums. They manually transfered a city to that zerg against their own written rules. Aventurine is not to be trusted and if you believe they are then you have to little experience with them.

DFUW was not ready for release in a couple of weeks as Aventurine claimed november 2012 and if you played the beta then you would know that. It had nothing to do with fans screaming they werent happy with the game, the game was just not finished.

My guess is they needed money to continue developing the game.

Originally posted by BrownAle

cool story

I played DF 1 beta and been following Darkfall from i first heard of it 1999. So i am a way older Darkfall follower then you. I know Aventurine. I seen their lies before. As when they changed the outcome of sieges with serverdowns cause the biggest zerg screamed they would rage quit on forums. They manually transfered a city to that zerg against their own written rules. Aventurine is not to be trusted and if you believe they are then you have to little experience with them.

DFUW was not ready for release in a couple of weeks as Aventurine claimed november 2012 and if you played the beta then you would know that. It had nothing to do with fans screaming they werent happy with the game, the game was just not finished.

My guess is they needed money to continue developing the game.

+1 there.....  I could write a novel about all the lies...  Especially back in DF1 beta we have 4-legged run ready to go but still looking at a few things....  I forgot how many months it took them to actually finish it and then decide it was overpowered as they claimed...

A book could be written on the lies over the years.

• -Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298
    I am glad they did a beta.  Everything in the game was mentioned before beta started too.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.