Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First!

ExzyzExzyz Member UncommonPosts: 70
Im looking forward to this game. What is your thoughts about? Please discuss!

Comments

• SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713

-First time I have even heard the name...

How about a brief synapsis?

• stringboistringboi Member UncommonPosts: 394
    Honestly, doesnt peak my interest at all....sorry.
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026

Your subject line only says "First".

You actually have a subject to talk about or just bragging you posted first?

You stay sassy!

• quatrevertquatrevert Member Posts: 6
    Originally posted by SaintPhilip

-First time I have even heard the name...

How about a brief synapsis?

I'll explain it in my own words and from my understanding : the story takes place in Hailan, a continent that has been almost completely submerged after a cataclysm caused the water to raise dramatically all around the world. When the flood occurred, some of the Orcs and Humans who were inhabiting the region around the High Road mountain achieved to make their way to its top, sparing them from the flood devastation. They established a town up there and lived in the mountain for many years, until the water receded enough to make it possible to sight islands emerging from the water.

When we will enter the game, if I am correct, it is in that condition that we'll see the Hailan continent : partly submerged with the sea level to decrease. The highest grounds of the lands appear as islands, and slowly what has been left behind by the different populations could appear from the water.

They talked about 9 islands for the launch of the game and a dynamic environment.

Different islands have different types of PvP, some are Race vs. Race battlegrounds, some are more suitable for groupes, others for inviduals PK, etc. There are also neutral zone where people can PvE, raid monsters, quests, etc. 

The game features no LVL / XP, which should prevent boring grind. What determine the power of the character are the abilities, the talent of the player (strategy, combat mechanisms, etc.), the gears equiped and the buffs.  The abilities are unlocked with shards, items found in-game.

So basically I could ask a friend to join the game, give him some gears and shards, sharing with him buffs by capturing together some PvP contested control points, and if he's wise enough  to understand how the game works, he could be just as powerful as someone who has been playing the game for months.

The devs first planned to implement  a class system but then decided to go without. So any ability or any weapon can be used by any player, no matter how he decides to build its character.

The alpha testing phase has started about 3 months ago and they're adding more players now (I've just been added but didn't test it yet). The game is on kickstarter since 3 weeks now and will need help to achieve its goal. The lore can be viewed on the game forums and much of the talk about the features and all this stuff is also held on the forums.

Hope it helps! :) 

edit : grammar :3

• OgreRaperOgreRaper Member Posts: 376
    I'm mainly a PvPer and a huge fan of old school DAOC, so this game sounds cool. I'd definitely like to try it out
  • BrownAleBrownAle Member Posts: 399

Heres my opinion on the game.

Its another half baked, full loot pvp focused sandbox with no sand.

I can get over the 2003 style graphics.  Thats fine i dont care about graphics typically.

The combat, the movement, the controls are all clunky, non-reactive, and acient.  I remember jumping up a ramp and the jum animation held all the way up the ramp.  Movement is sluggish and very poorly done.

The combat is about 20 skills broken into 3 categories.  Its not fluid in any way.

It really looks, feel, and plays like a basement game made by one guy.  Im not saying gamersfirst is a good publisher, but its a game that is totally out of place amongst games with some form of polish and in semi complete states.

IMO if you want a sandbox pvp game with no sand beyond progression and bad combat...Mortal Online does it all better.

I really have no idea how this game even made it on a known publishers site to be honest.  The only positive is possibly the zero grind skill system.  Every single other aspect of the game is beyond dated, incomplete, and plays very poorly.

Youll have to try very hard to enjoy this game.