Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EA simcity deletes customer support numbers to prevent refunds.

archeagekingarcheageking Member Posts: 88

EA decides to delete customer phone numbers and took customer online support offline for simcity.

Looks likethey are preventing customers to get refunds. New low for EA.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/15/9369491.page

if your looking for refund on simcity through the phone, do not let them put you on hold.

they will not pick up the phone again.

EA is covering up BBB complaints as well.

Comments

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    Customer service is usually some guy in India on a laptop so they must have just decided to reduce their costs .Trust EA to do that take number away so they pay less to their outsourced contractor.....image
    Chamber of Chains
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Or the CSR are simply being swamped by people doing their best to be piss-ants (trust me... this happen more often then you think. If you do not belive me... take a job as a customer service rep for a while) and managment have not issued any new policy regarding how to handle these cases. (this is even more common... In essence it leads to a lot of calls like this A: Hi i want to get help with issue X. B: sorry no info in that. I have made a ticket. Have a nice day. )

Also i like to point out that in reality there is NOTHING you can do to prevent them putting you on hold... Trust me it is a artform you learn very quickly being a CSR grunt. Heck some times you don't even put the customer on hold... You just mute the mic on your headset and let the customer babble on while you do more important things like trying to solve the customers issue.

Now does this make a bad situation worse... Oh yes it does but in order to preserve service levels on other products (snd most likley waiting for now directions from managment) this is most likley the only solution open to them.  Especially as i am pretty sure that (pulling numbers out of my behind) 30-40% of the tickets are not from people that have had a negative experince but just want to get on the bandwagon or "need to tell the copany what a bad job they do"... Again this happen fairly often and it tends to clog the ticket cue pretty quickly.. especially as they tend to write another ticket five minuts later if they do not get a reply the size of a Stephen King novell.

I agree it suck for the people with legeit problems (and those who actually feel that the fact that they did not read or understood that the game wasgoing to be online is grounds for a refund.) But give it some time and i am sure things will sort them self out. Take this time to read up on some of your local regulations regarding customer protection and simliar topics as this will help your argument and then write a actuall physical letter to the local office of your company stating your claim. This tend to have a much better effect as 9/10 the people who man the web CSR does not in any way shape or form have the authority to sort your refund issue any way.

This have been a good conversation

• archeagekingarcheageking Member Posts: 88

here is the kind of ea customer sergice rep you'll get if your lucky enough to even get ahold of a CS online chat.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9369930.page

your only course of action is a chargeback from your bank and credit card,  or paypal. EA will do everything in its power to stop you from getting a refund on simcity.

• jimdandy26jimdandy26 Member Posts: 527
    Originally posted by archeageking

here is the kind of ea customer sergice rep you'll get if your lucky enough to even get ahold of a CS online chat.

your only course of action is a chargeback from your bank and credit card,  or paypal. EA will do everything in its power to stop you from getting a refund on simcity.

You kids really need to knock off this bs. That pic in particular was handled perfectly by the cs agent. The costumer is pretty clearly in the wrong.

I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won.

To exercise power costs effort and demands courage. That is why so many fail to assert rights to which they are perfectly entitled - because a right is a kind of power but they are too lazy or too cowardly to exercise it. The virtues which cloak these faults are called patience and forbearance.

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

€A is the simbol for modern gaming industry greed.

I never expected something good from that company when it comes to customer support. That's probably why they're doing the 1st day DLC thing. You buy them 1st day because it's usually on discount but actually they just want your money and to be done with you. I'm still wondering why people still buy €A games, I've stopped right after they started with that DLC crap and pooped the SWTOR train.

Regarding the link with cs chat... It's good and the agent did a good job, it's not her fault she can't give a refund under this circumstances. It's up to the customer to do a chargeback in this situation if he thinks he bough a falsly advertised game.

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    People still bangin on about SimCity
    Originally posted by korent1991

This just in... A stock noted company tries to maximize profit.. You don't say now do you.

Actually it is the nethate that is to bale for this... Was it not the trolls who called EA the wrost company ever (actually a fairly incorrect titel if you look at all the work they do to give their employees a good working enviorment and iirc they are on the frontline when it comes to supporting staff in same-sex relationships.) so if they allready are the worst... why worry about a little bad press, (ok i know that is not how it works... but it is still a funny idea. I know that customer satifaction surveys are the holy book)

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364
    Originally posted by tawess

This just in... A stock noted company tries to maximize profit.. You don't say now do you.

Actually it is the nethate that is to bale for this... Was it not the trolls who called EA the wrost company ever (actually a fairly incorrect titel if you look at all the work they do to give their employees a good working enviorment and iirc they are on the frontline when it comes to supporting staff in same-sex relationships.) so if they allready are the worst... why worry about a little bad press, (ok i know that is not how it works... but it is still a funny idea. I know that customer satifaction surveys are the holy book)

A company doesn't have to maximise their profit with decisions which makes gamers feel nickled and dimed.

They care about profit and they do not care much about their customers.

I mean, what can be worse than "winning" a golden poo? It's THE worst advertisment they can get :D

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

A company doesn't have to maximise their profit with decisions which makes gamers feel nickled and dimed.

They care about profit and they do not care much about their customers.

I mean, what can be worse than "winning" a golden poo? It's THE worst advertisment they can get :D

Well "we" are the vocal minority... They really shoudl not care about us all that much. It is the grey mass in the middle that is important and they tend to choose the path of least resistance... just look at the SIMS-franchice and then tell me that the way they went with SimCity makes no sense. Now what is curious.. in fact the only thing i can think of that spikes my interest is if the SIMS mentality transfers to the SimCity brand. But that is way to early to say yet.. That we will know in a year or two.

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

All I can do when I see posts like these is snicker a little to myself. I personally have absolutely no issues with EA customer support... Why you ask? Because I wrote off EA as a game developer years ago and will not be tempted by any game they produce no matter how shiney it may seem. All I have to say is when you put your trust in the Devil don't be surprised when you end up with a pitchfork up the arse. image

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• Toxic2kToxic2k Member Posts: 16

People were aware of the situation before the game even came out. No offense, but all of you who bought SIMCITY deserve this and I am really happy about this EA failure.

Maybe next time people will learn not to support game company's which deliver crappy games and/or bobs, ass and good graphics with no story line nor gameplay.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    I really really wish people would do more research on games before buying them. There is SO much information out there in this day an age, "I didn't know" is just an awful awful excuse. I don't feel bad, i'm sorry not for this or Diablo 3. Everyone knew what they were going to be like before hand, and if you didn't know that is your fault.

• Hyperion5182Hyperion5182 Member Posts: 66

Once i realized how minimal the betas were going to be i got worried

Once i saw on here that they were going to add the Dead Space 3 disaster to all future games i jumped ship FAST.

Consumers should be able to get their money back and if you dont have any other origin games go ahead and get a charge back because better that than to permanently lose your money on what is becoming a case of false advertising. A bad one

Some people buy into the hype some dont. I didnt this time and i am thankful for it. But this should be proof once and for all EA needs to DIE IN A FIRE.

• SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743

EA did the right thing here, the customer was wrong and annoying.

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Actually, EA isn't very good to employees, or at least the programers who handle creating the games. Going to a college that was pretty big on game design, they were pretty well known to be quite horrible to employees and it wasn't very unexpected that you wouldn't likely last 5-10 years in the company. Pretty much its a last resort stepping stone to get something on a resume before being thrown out later on, dealing with the 'meh' treatment they give as an employee. 

Just look at any of the past companies EA bought out. A good majority of them are milked until they served their purpose being being gutted and thrown into a ditch, and if worked on again (Comand and Conquer as a good late example) its done almost entirely by a whole new team without virtually no one left over from the original team.

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

As long as you do not have any games purchased through Origin. . they will ban the account. . . just like Steam etc. for a chargeback.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652

Im sorry but I always find it funny when gamers yell and scream and cuss at CS and then expect a refund. EA is not by far a great company but on their forums alone the amount of unmoderated hate threads , threats of some class action lawsuit and just general maturity level of most of the posters there , if I was EA I wouldnt give two shits about that customer base either. Most of the posts are vile , threatening , and full of basement dwelling losers. If someone wants a refund so bad they could easily dispute the charges with their credit card company and get their money back. If they lose their Origin account in the process oh well , thats dumb luck EA and Maxis has already said before release the game would be online , also the servers work fine and have worked fine since the last week as I play daily and have zero login issues or servers crashing. EA is also giving away a free game on the 18th to all people who paid for simcity for all the launch issues as a apology.

Companies are in business to make money , get over it seriously. If you talk like a dog to me in my place of business Ill laugh in your face and send you out the front door without any refund to.

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047

Aside from the poor english of both the customer and the CS rep, how else should this have went?  Should they have given them a refund, which has been deemed against the company policy and gotten the CS person repremanded and/or fired?  It isn't bad customer service to not get your way.  It is bad customer service to fix a problem within the guidlines of the companies policy.  If you don't like the policy, that is one thing, but it isn't the customer service department in error.  The customer service was fine.  The corporate policy is the problem.

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    This is some funny stuff, I haven't seen anything like this since SOE "hid" the cancel button in the days following the NGE, because so many people were canceling that it was crashing the servers.