Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Most populated games at the moment

2»

Comments

• Moe4871Moe4871 Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Originally posted by ch0sen0ne

Man... AAA MMO's have sucked for so long now. Nothing good has came out since WoW killed the market years ago. 

WoW, bored of it long ago

GW2, lets not go there...

SWTOR, oh hell no

TSW, fugly combat

Aion, garbage end game with joke of a PvP system

EvE, fall asleep at the wheel, yawn

and then there is TERA, which to me is the only game really worth checking out at the moment.

Typical fanboy comment. Tera isn't half the MMO the others you mentioned are. Sounds like a good MMO to you is one with better graphics, because that's the only appeal that game has.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Originally posted by Meslas
    Originally posted by Theocritus
    Population has to be one of the least important factors in how good a game is yet it seems to mean so much to so many people.....Its like eating at McDonalds because they post how many burgers they have sold....Then again the masses are like sheep and will go where the other sheep are at.

Its not fun to play when you are alone in the game world.

Actually I've played several big pop games and most of the time it feels like a solo experience...Even WoW, once you left Orgrimmar or Stormwind, felt like a very small pop game.....Most of the best games I played had a smaller but tight knit community with active chat....The ones that had larger pops often no one ever talked and it was just a solo experience.
  • doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858
    Originally posted by colddog04

In the west (in no particular order):

WoW

GW2

EVE

SWTOR

Aion or TERA

In the east:

I don't know, but a few have a ridiculous amount of players.

Rift has more players in the west than Aion and TERA, and possibly even SWTOR.

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677

Xfire is good only for a selection of the West but top MMO's according to Xfire are:

1. WoW (at #4 overall, no doubt the top pop).

2. GW2 (at #7 overall, solid game).

3. SWToR (at #13 overall, my current game).

4. TERA (at #15 overall, good fast combat).

5. Aion (at #23 overall)

PoE should be mentioned at #21 overall, I really consider PoE a action rpg thou. Eve and Rift are further down the list both have their fans. I like Rift alot.

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    Population has to be one of the least important factors in how good a game is yet it seems to mean so much to so many people.....Its like eating at McDonalds because they post how many burgers they have sold....Then again the masses are like sheep and will go where the other sheep are at.

So if you're not playing one of the top 10 most populated mmorpg's, you're playing alone?

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• MeslasMeslas Member Posts: 13
    Originally posted by dave6660

So if you're not playing one of the top 10 most populated mmorpg's, you're playing alone?

Yes, for example when you do quest for group people, you cant find someone to do with

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641
    Originally posted by Mivi

wow ? gw2? rift? not even close

League of Legends

Call of Duty 4

Call of Duty 2

World of Warcraft

StarCraft II

Battlefield

Guild Wars 2

SimCity 

Minecraft 

Dota 2

What's with the FPS and RTS games?  I was under the impression that the OP was interested in MMORPGs.  Maybe I missed something?  I don't think so though. I guess you listed TWO MMORPGs though, so...okay.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    Originally posted by coretex666
    Looking at the list, I am wondering how can these shit MMOs be most popular...

One man's shit is another man's...err...nevermind the idiom.

If your game concept ever gets past the concept stage be ready to have people think it's shit as well. You know that already.

• SoMuchMassSoMuchMass Member Posts: 548
    It boggles my mind that people still use Xfire as a source, especially when Raptr works of a signifcantly higher sample size.
    Is there any games without stupid costumes and clown items from cash shop? It seems every game has it now
  • GitmixGitmix Member UncommonPosts: 605
    Originally posted by Mivi

OP asked: what is the most populated games at the moment? 5 names

xfire provide the most accurate data when you have to make a statistic of game population and so for years already

The only thing Xfire tells us is how many Xfire users are playing any given name. The real question is which percentage of the  gaming community actually uses Xfire. Until we know that figure (but we never will) Xfire doesn't tell us squat about actual game populations.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

Taking into account only MMORPGs in the west, I think most populated games are

WoW

Guild Wars 2

SWTOR

Wizard 101

Originally posted by Vrika

Taking into account only MMORPGs in the west, I think most populated games are

WoW

Guild Wars 2

SWTOR

Wizard 101

But its pay to play. What about f2p mmorpgs?

• AnimakerAnimaker Member Posts: 8
    check Raiderz, its probably the best mmo out there, its just lacking more updates, but u will see this one is awesome, is beginning to have a large community and going populated, lets help it get populated, those who actually undestand the game, wont leave it without major excuses
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Originally posted by Moe4871
    Originally posted by ch0sen0ne

Man... AAA MMO's have sucked for so long now. Nothing good has came out since WoW killed the market years ago. 

WoW, bored of it long ago

GW2, lets not go there...

SWTOR, oh hell no

TSW, fugly combat

Aion, garbage end game with joke of a PvP system

EvE, fall asleep at the wheel, yawn

and then there is TERA, which to me is the only game really worth checking out at the moment.

Typical fanboy comment. Tera isn't half the MMO the others you mentioned are. Sounds like a good MMO to you is one with better graphics, because that's the only appeal that game has.

The graphics are definitely nice.  But, you are wrong.  I'm positive the best feature Tera has is its combat system.

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Originally posted by Animaker
    check Raiderz, its probably the best mmo out there, its just lacking more updates, but u will see this one is awesome, is beginning to have a large community and going populated, lets help it get populated, those who actually undestand the game, wont leave it without major excuses

Honest question.  Can you still not get a single word in any of the chat channels because of 24/7 bot spamming gold sales?  I thought the game was pretty decent, but it felt so cheap when you couldn't even communicate with anyone because of the constant spamming.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Is there any games without stupid costumes and clown items from cash shop? It seems every game has it now

So you want a f2p mmo that isn't p2w and doesn't sell cosmetic items..... 

• BlazeyerBlazeyer Member UncommonPosts: 562
    You guys realise that this post was from march right?
  • AnimakerAnimaker Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by MrMelGibson
    Originally posted by Animaker

Honest question.  Can you still not get a single word in any of the chat channels because of 24/7 bot spamming gold sales?  I thought the game was pretty decent, but it felt so cheap when you couldn't even communicate with anyone because of the constant spamming.

It had more before, and there is a lot of periods when you won't see them.

Another way is disable those chat channels, they spam only the Trade Channel and LookingForParty(LFP) channel.

You can go to chat settings, disable both, and there, happy gaming, and I talk with pretty much everyone, never happened a break in our conversations because of those annoying spam bots, but spam bots exist in almost every F2P MMORPG

• MMOredfalconMMOredfalcon Member UncommonPosts: 167
    Originally posted by coretex666
    Looking at the list, I am wondering how can these shit MMOs be most popular...

Sadly the list is probibly pretty accurate. You got a list of better shit MMOs that are currently out that are any better?