Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Poll] Is your new fighting technique unstoppable?

OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163

Woo-hoo another poll!  :)  So as you are playing TSW, what's your fighting style?  Is it influenced by other games you play or have played recently?  Or are you trying something new?  How does it feel compare to other games of choice?  What do those games do that you like/don't like?  

This is a poll for people playing regularly, so if you're not playing just check out the results.

Comments

• All of the above
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    I'm a tinkerer, so I love to try new combinations and possibilities. With 70% of my wheel unlocked, it's getting pretty interesting.

Joined - July 2004

• JenuvielJenuviel Member Posts: 960
    I didn't really see a category for the way I play. I guess I move around, in that I don't just stand there and soak up effects when the telegraphs go out, but I'm not constantly moving. I have three characters, and all three are survival builds with different weapons (I'm not much for grouping), so combat's basically all offense until I'm hurt, then some healing, then back to offense. One character's fist/chaos, one's blade/blood and one's shotgun/assault rifle, though they all have other weapons and builds for specific enemies and situations.
  • iozayiozay Member UncommonPosts: 29
    I actually use all those methods :o
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

No category for me either, I use most of them.

See, I don't really care about combat (but I guess I wrote it many times already :) ), story and lore always come first so with my first Loomie I just picked some cookie-cutter decks and jumped into the world. Collected the lore, done all the quests, etc. with those "community-assembled" best decks.

Now with my second I decided to go horizontal, since I know the world already. Not for the combat's sake, just for the logic game of theory-crafting. I love goofing around with the abilities, testing them, doing the math (I never used parser in any game, I don't use it here either. Down with the plugins! :) )

And I went fully horizontal might I add, so my toon is only under the Blue Mountain, with every skill pulled to 4, and already reached London Underground... I did the traitor chasing mission at Shambala (rank 7 I guess) with QL3 skills and gear :)

I know it's not an optimal way for playing, but since I've done the game before, and I hate the endgame grind for 10.x+1 stuff, I just stick with that and occasional rp...

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    only not use reticle combat , others all
  • OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163

Yeah, it's tough to pick one since each approach makes sense in different situations.  My standard solo tactic (Blade/Chaos) is to start off with the Quantum Brace, do a Chaotic Pull, then Art of War to Impair everyone, Reality Fracture for the AOE then Escalation for weakened state.  Lots of dodging and moving in between, with Matadaor as a good builder.  

Doesn't work so well when you need to single target someone though!  Lately playing around with Shotgun and Elementalism.  Very different/kitey feel on those...  :)

• CryseydeCryseyde Member Posts: 70

If this had been a checkbox poll, I'd have checked most of the boxes. Mostly because it depends what I'm doing. My solo methods are dependent on which weapons I'm using. My group play is dependent on whether I'm tanking a boss or PvPing. I ended up just picking the one that's most fun in solo play.