Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Path of Exile: Now with Two Million Registered Players

2»

Comments

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954
    Originally posted by Psychow
    Originally posted by bbbb42
    Originally posted by DMKano

The issue with PoE is that there is no compelling reason to spend any $ in the cash shop. I know quite a few folks that play and none have spent a dime.

Not sure how they are making money and if they can sustain having a free game like this.

As far as registered users that's a good number, but other f2p games are in the 20+ million registers users, I am sure that over time PoE will get there as well.

because not everyone is a freeloader

Oh is how it is now. If you don't fork over a bunch of money to a F2P game company you are a "freeloader"?

I can see this type of stereotyping becoming very popular and the ultimate demise of the F2P model..because people won't put up what that crap.

Actually thats how its always been in the world I live in, if you use something allot that costs someone else money to buy or run as in a game, and you have never contributed one cent to the cause then yes you are Freeloader.  Welcome to the real world.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    You guys are crazy. Next thing you'll tell me is is eating the appetizers and munching on the chips and pretzels during happy hour while drinking my ice water is freeloading too...
  • Adam1902Adam1902 Member UncommonPosts: 537
    Great game, it's what I'm playing atm. Been following it for a while in case Diablo 3 sucked (which I assumed it would looking at how fun WoW was at release, and what it's changed in to now). Now it's released and I'm loving it, Was in the CBT for quite a while, paid $15 for CBT access and 150 shop points. Happy to support the game, would purchase things here and there to support it too. I play it quite a lot on and off.

_________
    Currently playing: Black Desert Korea (Waiting for EU)

Always hating on instances in MMOs! Open worlds, open PvP, territory control and housing please. More persistence, more fun.

• sibs4455sibs4455 Member UncommonPosts: 369

Great game, lots of fun .. but there are some massive improvements needed in my opinion.

1/ Melee is aweful in group play: you will die very quick to a mob, this is not a problem if you play softcore but i like hardcore.

2/ Multiboxing: I cannot see how they are going to fix this issue, only way i can think of is to do the old d2 method ... /players x.

3/ Some skills are just way to op, I am looking at you Freezing Pulse.

4/ Casters / Range players have a massive advantage in this game, the game needs balancing, all top players in the hc league are either a caster or a range build.

Still i am having lots of fun with this game, infact i have not logged into any mmo in over a month. As a matter of a thankyou to GGG i made a purchase from the NON P2W cash shop as a thankyou.

Keep up the good work GGG. 

• GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395
    Nice game to kill time. Nothing to serious here.
  • GhorikaGhorika Member Posts: 8
    hi guys i have only one question how work the pvp here? you go to any arena and play vs someone or?
  • TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423
    Originally posted by Slappy1
    Originally posted by bbbb4

because not everyone is a freeloader

Oh is how it is now. If you don't fork over a bunch of money to a F2P game company you are a "freeloader"?

I can see this type of stereotyping becoming very popular and the ultimate demise of the F2P model..because people won't put up what that crap.

You don't need to spend a bunch of money,but in my eye's if you play a game on a regular basis you should support it.Doesn't mean you need to drop $50 or more on the game.

To me what it come's down to is being a cheapskate.Now this isn't pointed at anyone,I'm just saying that game's are not magically made for free.If you play regularly than show the dev's some love,is it really that hard?

If you can't spend any money at all ever,maybe you should reserve yourself to playing solitaire or freecell.

Couldn't agree more.  You don't have to throw down a lot of money.  But if you genuinely enjoy the title, why not support the company behind it?  Don't be a cheapskate! Support the hobby you love!! 

Personally, I really enjoy POE and I threw down $100.  Did I need to?  Nope.  The game runs perfectly fine without me throwing down any money.  And thats also whats great - I really didn't gain any sort of advantage, with the only exception being more storage space.  But I want to see GGG succeed and I'm happy to support them.

• tazarconantazarconan Member Posts: 1,013
    If somehow after a certain lvl they could turn the game into an mmo that would be great,u know meet strangers in the wilds,world pvp maybe...
  • RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238
    Originally posted by Megatronic
    Originally posted by Rednecksith
    You guys are crazy. Next thing you'll tell me is is eating the appetizers and munching on the chips and pretzels during happy hour while drinking my ice water is freeloading too...

Why not? They already state that always-on DRM is perfectly acceptable because the game is free, despite it having the exact same disadvantages here as it would for a game with an upfront cost.

Seriously, expecting maturity and logic from the PoE fanchildren who hang out here is in all honesty a bit daft of you, good sir.

Please elaborate on why they are "fan children", and its kinda funny how you want maturity but you brand others with a distasteful lable first chance you get.

They're fanchildren because they employ a double standard when gauging a game's quality. They complain about always-on DRM, yet give a free pass to PoE because it's free. They complain about how all there is to do in D3 is grind for better gear, when in fact that's all there was to do in D2, that's all there was to do in TL1 & 2, and that's all there is to do in PoE and D3. Yet for some reason, it's only a bad thing in D3.

Not to mention that class imbalance is rampant in PoE, and that very few builds are actually endgame viable. D3 lets you switch up on the fly if a build you've tried isn't working out so well, however with PoE you're stuck spending another 20 hours running through the exact same content just to see if your 'revised' build is endgame viable. Which it isn't, if it's not a ranged build.

I label them fanchildren because they point out strengths for PoE which are considered negatives for D3. It's stupid, hypocritical, and honestly quite pathetic.

The most damnable thing is that I don't hate or even dislike PoE. It's just that the D2 fanchildren with unrealistic expectations wanted D3 to be something it couldn't, and shouldn't, ever be.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    There's a commercial on Dutch TV claiming that World of Tanks has 50M registered users. Awesome, but how many of them are active..? Same Q for PoA of course ;-)
  • expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

They're fanchildren because they employ a double standard when gauging a game's quality. They complain about always-on DRM, yet give a free pass to PoE because it's free. They complain about how all there is to do in D3 is grind for better gear, when in fact that's all there was to do in D2, that's all there was to do in TL1 & 2, and that's all there is to do in PoE and D3. Yet for some reason, it's only a bad thing in D3.

Not to mention that class imbalance is rampant in PoE, and that very few builds are actually endgame viable. D3 lets you switch up on the fly if a build you've tried isn't working out so well, however with PoE you're stuck spending another 20 hours running through the exact same content just to see if your 'revised' build is endgame viable. Which it isn't, if it's not a ranged build.

I label them fanchildren because they point out strengths for PoE which are considered negatives for D3. It's stupid, hypocritical, and honestly quite pathetic.

The most damnable thing is that I don't hate or even dislike PoE. It's just that the D2 fanchildren with unrealistic expectations wanted D3 to be something it couldn't, and shouldn't, ever be.

Just how I feel on the D3 subject.  PoE is a fine example of a ARPG but it's not the holy grail.

• sketocafesketocafe Member UncommonPosts: 950

Yes, ARPGs are all about getting loot. You're not actually suggesting that itemization and the grind for gear in D3 is in any way the same as that in POE are you?  The  'some reason' it's a bad thing in D3 is because it was done horribly in D3. 

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

Until they actually release the number of playing accounts then yes I say they can say they got 2 million registered, but how many are actually playing, and how many are not chineese prison labor gold farmers. 

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

So, people have given PoE a pass of always-on DRM "because it's free" as opposed the D3...but now everyone is saying players are morally obligated to pay to help support the game.

So the game really isn't free. Therefore, it should NOT get a free pass.

Light the pitchforks and storm the castle! The Always-on DRM of PoE is a slap in the face and an outrage! Burn burn burn!!!!!!!!

I'm kidding...sort of...

• NiburuNiburu Member UncommonPosts: 402
    Well deserved. If only major publishers would create such quality games