Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Moderator Wars 2

Comments

• ArthasmArthasm Member UncommonPosts: 785

I got 2 infractions posting screenshots about spark bugs at Simin (most people didn't killed her yet, cause GW2 dungeons are hard by  © mmorpg.com forums) with description and asked them where are their live teams now to fix it, cause the bug exist since release, when you have all reports about encounter... BAM! Infracted. Well, thanks for that. 

@OP

My guildies still have sound bug problem, since september 2012, I had it too.

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    Originally posted by Four0Six

I don' tplay GW2 anymore, just not my style.

I do however have views about customer service in general.....

It is NOT acceptable for CS to have an inability to shrug off sarcasm. SInce the post didn't incluse and cursing, or name calling I think it is completely acceptable.

The reasons are simple. A post that could have been delt with "in-house", has now been spread to other forums. Word of Mouth publicity is the most influencial. When a customer recieves poor customer service, it is generaly believed they will tell 10 others about their poor service. When a customer recieves good customer service, it is generaly believed they will tell 1 to 3 others.

I realize that game forums offer a different metric than, les say a resturant, but it still has an effect.

In conclusion, shame on ANet for being thin skinned. As for my personal opinion... It is a NC game correct? A company that has a history of NOT providing quality customer service? Have I not read post after post of "ANet forum Mods are "jack booted thugs"? Yup to all.

I have a lot of experience as a customer service rep for a wide variety of companies, and I will tell you that a zero tolerance policy is becoming the norm. I currently work in an emergency department at a smaller hospital as the registrar, so I am the first face everyone sees as they come in. When I first started there, we were "thick skinned" about many of the derogatory comments that were made at the desk, because we understood that many of these folks weren't feeling all that great. However, us letting things go also made the problem worse, and came to a head where one of the nurses was attacked.

From that point forth we adopted a zero tolerance policy, and I can tell you that the environment in which we work is much better now. The few retailers I worked for had also adopted a zero tolerance policy within those specific stores, and that made for a better working environment.

Just because a person is working as a customer service rep for any company does not mean that they have to tolerate any and all forms of verbal abuse from customers. If you allow poor behavior then it will only escalate into more abuse and potentially physical threats.

The post that the OP made wasn't all that terrible, I agree, but posts of that nature also do not bring any form of constructive criticism. I have personally never heard of the bug until this thread, nor have I or anyone I know who plays experienced the bug first hand. Which leads me to believe that it's not entirely a widespread issue, and might have something to do with user settings or configurations, as opposed to something on ANets end. If it is on ANets end, they might be having a hard time nailing down the issue, since it seems to happen infrequently for most users. However, if the OP would have posted something in the bug forums to report the issue, instead of his snarky comments, I doubt he would have been infracted.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by shalldoom

I get this bug all the time....thought I was the only one getting it.

Same here!  I got this for the first time just the other day fighting Claw of Jormag, and I swore it was just me.  As for the OP, well, you did come off as really sarcastic, regardless of what you were trying to say.

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

1. sound bug is known for months by ANet, hey posted they do researches and try to fix. I guess they fail.

2. crash bug seems to be here a lot, nothing helps and worst, you can't get back in time.

3. ANet hate critics and this style of comment OP did. Why? I guess cuz they know all but do nothing / can do nothing. Fail again.

4. if this game was not promoted to rank of "advanced", "unique" (debatable here, LOL, can be unique number of bugs), etc etc over hype self-advert, I guess we all will be much more tolerant about their fails as we would not expect anything that great.

5. IMO, this game stay at late beta till now.

P.S. to all who think it has stable player base, I see from my 5 guilds I have joined, may be 20 people from (492 + 72 + 47 + 59 + 34) still playing regular, may be like 50 or so coming at weekend for few hours, the rest are just "dead souls", seems they stopped at beta or just after it, nobody kick these as it hard to find more people to join guild. I must admit, game keep selling copies to new guys so like every months we have less veterans and more noobs.

Game is great and so nice fun, giving great experience, that people keep leaving after few months of playing. Thanks ANet for great game from me too!!!!

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• rounnerrounner Member UncommonPosts: 725
    Originally posted by oubers
    Originally posted by Rockard

IF this would be a bug in their ingame coding then everyone would crash......its not the case so it has to be on the client machine.

Video's schmideo's.....everybody puts shit on youtube these days.

It's not because 200 people have the same error that it is their fault is it?

Are you emailing with their support for this issue? what did they say about it?

It is up to programmers to ensure their code meets standards such as Direct Sound compatability. Really man thats just so not true in so many ways you should be modded as much as the OP.

• bugmenobugmeno Member Posts: 85

Alright, after re-reading and watching those YT videos, yes i had too that annoyin sound.

Personnaly i was able to fix it, thanks a post on the official forums last year 2012. I can´t find it anymore, at least the thread i´m talking about had an answer by some other GW2 player. Basically, if remember correctly, s/he said to either increase or decrease the Sound quality and that did the trick for him/her (same thing on my end of the screen, no more sound bug for few months, im just not sure anymore if tehre was something else required, but try to lower or decrease the sound quality ingame and your sound card (KHz)).

Good luck.

• RockardRockard Member UncommonPosts: 206

There is more to this story.

Afterwards I tried to do the event again.

I waited for 3 hours for the spawn.

Got back in game,fresh and with a nice glass of beer ,the future seemed

promishing ,at least.

Well within the respawn window,the server crashed,and when I tried

to log back I got in the overflow again.

At that time I think my head increased in volume slightly,and my face

got a bit of a redish colour.

An then ta daaaa.

The servers reset because of a new build and the dragon timers reset.

Beautiful.

I know it is evil,but I felt a bit nice about this.

Now,if you see the message I posted in the GW2 forums,a large part of it

is about the overflow and it's implications.

I guess if it was just the bug,I would have just got back in the event and

that would be the end.

The bug is bad.

But the overflow server in an MMO is the ultimate evil.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

"Cheers,because,7 months after release,you still haven’t fixed the OOoooOOO sound bug
    that occurs in world boss fights,and results in game crashes.
    Cheers,because if the game crashes when doing a dragon event,there is no provision
    for me to get back in the main server and I’m thrown into overflow.
    Thank you.
    You are so awesome."

This message got infracted 10 sec after being posted in GW2 forums.

I really don't know why.

All I wanted to do was to thank them and point out their awesomeness.

You see,in the middle of fighting Jormag,the famous OOOoooOOOoooo bug happened,and

then the game crashed.

This bug is very common in such world fights and has been in the game since day 1.

So,when I reloged,I was not able to join back in the fight,because of a very inovative and

groundbraking feature of GW2.The overflow map.

Now,if I knew I'd get an infraction anyway,just for posting true facts about the game and being gratefull,

I might as well have told them that they suck balls.

But I didn't.

Uhm... have you read the forum rules? Anet has a pretty strict, no BS policy when it comes to their own forums. The quote at the top of your post is not constructive in the least. It is telling Anet 'hey you guys suck' via sarcasm, and they have every right to ban you for it on their own forums.

The sound bug is a well known issue. It's one thing to say 'hey Anet, this is a big deal / is anyone else having as many problems w/ this bug as i am?', it's an entirely different thing to say 'grats Anet! you still haven't fixed this bug I don't like. Well done!'.

Try being a bit more constructive in the future. You'll make less enemies.

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286

promishing ,at least.

An then ta daaaa.

Beautiful.

that would be the end.

The bug is bad.

A fix for overflow would be if the events happened in the overflow the same time as the "main" server. Not sure what the technical difficulties would be for that on ANet's side, but it would seem like a reasonable solution. Now that they've fixed loot tables for these events, there is a tremendous amount of people participating.

Without the overflow, we might get stability issues with the areas. Damned either way, to be honest.

• RockardRockard Member UncommonPosts: 206

It's not just the bug.

It's the overflow that caused the biggest problem.

I'm surprised no one noticed that.

Originally posted by Lovely_Laly

1. sound bug is known for months by ANet, hey posted they do researches and try to fix. I guess they fail.

2. crash bug seems to be here a lot, nothing helps and worst, you can't get back in time.

3. ANet hate critics and this style of comment OP did. Why? I guess cuz they know all but do nothing / can do nothing. Fail again.

4. if this game was not promoted to rank of "advanced", "unique" (debatable here, LOL, can be unique number of bugs), etc etc over hype self-advert, I guess we all will be much more tolerant about their fails as we would not expect anything that great.

5. IMO, this game stay at late beta till now.

P.S. to all who think it has stable player base, I see from my 5 guilds I have joined, may be 20 people from (492 + 72 + 47 + 59 + 34) still playing regular, may be like 50 or so coming at weekend for few hours, the rest are just "dead souls", seems they stopped at beta or just after it, nobody kick these as it hard to find more people to join guild. I must admit, game keep selling copies to new guys so like every months we have less veterans and more noobs.

Game is great and so nice fun, giving great experience, that people keep leaving after few months of playing. Thanks ANet for great game from me too!!!!

You may wanna take a larger view of the situation. You are basing every point off your own personal bias.

1) You're right, the bug is known. However, most bugs aren't a simple switch that can be 'turned off' once they find it. These things are actually fairly complex, which is why they are so difficult to create & manage / so many MMOs tend to fail.

2) Crashing is an issue, but it's not nearly as rampant as it used to be. It has gotten better, and it's unclear if it's even the same bug causing it. Going back to point 1, there isn't a bugfix switch to turn on/off. There are fairly complex issues that could be causing the bugs, and we simply don't know if it's a simple fix or not (though evidence seems to point towards the later).

3) There is nothing to show that Anet 'hates critics'. Anet's actually been extremely open towards criticism of their game. They've explained more than most developers would have about the decisions they made, the reasoning behind it, and what they are actively trying to do to deal w/ problems. Not fixing everything? Every update comes with a whole bug of fixes they are working on. Just because one particular bug exists does not mean they aren't doing anything.

4) 'advanced / unique' are not ranks. They're adjectives. And the game is fairly unique. Furthermore you're holding a company at fault for their game being popular. This makes no sense, grow up a little.

5) If, in your opinion, everygame at the state GW2 is in currently, was concidered 'late beta', then nearly every MMO would still be in 'beta'. Look into what a beta actually is. It's a specific part of the production schedule. It is not a term used to mean 'this game still has bugs'. Most games have bugs, and the more complex a game is, the more bugs you can expect it to have. Even WoW, the 'pinacle' of the modern MMO, launched with a whole plethora of bugs.  It still has bugs today (though not nearly as many as when they first launched).

- You're basing the player base on your own guild. This is not representative of the game's overall population. I can say that a majority of my friends are still playing. Furthermore there have been influxes of newer players all the time. It is not common anymore, to expect an MMO to be that game where everyone plays it all the time. People take breaks, new players decide to try it out, many people simply don't have time to play all-day every day. However, many people ARE still playing. Heck, all you have to do is look at the server list to be able to see that, or roll a new character and possibly try and meet new people?

It's not just the bug.

It's the overflow that caused the biggest problem.

I'm surprised no one noticed that.

There are a few different potential causes for the bug. It's not just the overflow.

• OpinicusOpinicus Member UncommonPosts: 34
    I don't know if it's related but when I was on WinXP, i had the sound problem (Someone in WWW was also with XP and had the sound problem). Now i'm with Win7 and haven't had the problem yet. Could also be cause of memory. With XP, i only had 2 gig or ram (what XP detects max) and on Win7 i'm at 8 gig of ram.
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Opinicus
    I don't know if it's related but when I was on WinXP, i had the sound problem (Someone in WWW was also with XP and had the sound problem). Now i'm with Win7 and haven't had the problem yet. Could also be cause of memory. With XP, i only had 2 gig or ram (what XP detects max) and on Win7 i'm at 8 gig of ram.

Dunno, I'm on Win8 and it's a brand new pc and I had the issue once so far.  But yeah, I also never had the problem on XP.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

"Cheers,because,7 months after release,you still haven’t fixed the OOoooOOO sound bug
    Cheers,because if the game crashes when doing a dragon event,there is no provision
    Thank you.
    You are so awesome."

I really don't know why.

You see,in the middle of fighting Jormag,the famous OOOoooOOOoooo bug happened,and

then the game crashed.

This bug is very common in such world fights and has been in the game since day 1.

So,when I reloged,I was not able to join back in the fight,because of a very inovative and

Now,if I knew I'd get an infraction anyway,just for posting true facts about the game and being gratefull,

But I didn't.

Why...

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

That's so weird you got an infraction

You'd think using sarcasm would make you exempt from any wrong doings. Well you learn something new every day

• KinchyleKinchyle Member Posts: 309
    maybe because niether happens now? At least to any one I know...
  • JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by Starpower

You'd think using sarcasm would make you exempt from any wrong doings. Well you learn something new every day

LOL.

Yeah, you'd think forum moderators would be so stupid that they wouldn't get it, right? Well, bad luck, some do seem to have a brain after all. OMG that's a really good post.

imageimage
  • HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030
    Originally posted by oubers

the other side of their support is my story......i used to crash in GW2 all the time when it came out (never in beta tough).

I submitted a ticket and started mailing with them......after 4 or 5 try's they solved my issues i had and never had a crash ever again......so yeah they ARE awesome.

ps: it had something to do with my GFX card that didnt react good to some settings i put it on......they found it and fixed it.

So i kinda doubt that you even reported it and worked trough emailing them with the right info to get it even fixed.

They dont wave wands to solve shit you know.

Your story is irelevant.

The fact that they helped you fix your problem,which seems like it was a very special problem

affecting only your system,cannot lead to the conclusion that they can and will fix any problem.

I don't generally  crash in GW2.

In fact the only time the game might crash is when this bug happens.

The bug is a fact,and I'm not the only one getting it.

There are numerous reports and videos about it.

My initial post was not about a bug reporting to their support.

Right.  All stories of successful fixes are irrelevant, while all stories of failed support should be highlighted and emphasized and written in bold all over the internet.  The bug is still there.  It's a problem, and you can bet your ass they're working on it.  I don't understand how players can feel like they're being personally neglected as if it isn't in the developer's best interest to fix all the bugs. The notion that any developer is just telling thousands of players to go shove it because they don't feel like dealing with it is nothing short of delusional.  

And your initial post was not about submitting a bug report; rather, it was an utterly unproductive expression of frustration in the form of a not so cleverly concealed sarcastic insult aimed at Anet.  Now I know you are fully capable of understanding why you would receive an infraction for this.  I also know that you know that everyone, including us and Anet, can perceive the insults through your sarcastic compliments.  Otherwise, what's the point of writing them?  If you actually intended them to be interpretted as compliments, they would work counter to your purpose.  Insults, conceiled or otherwise, don't work unless the insultee gets them.  You obviously knew what you were doing, but pretending to be oblivious only makes you look more and more childish.  

But that's neither here nor there.  You've also obviously made several posts about this bug, both here and on Anet's forums.  It is the topic you have responded to several times, and it's clearly become, if it wasn't originally, the topic at hand.  That's all oubers' response pertains to.  

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065
    Originally posted by Kaneth

promishing ,at least.

An then ta daaaa.

Beautiful.

that would be the end.

The bug is bad.

A fix for overflow would be if the events happened in the overflow the same time as the "main" server. Not sure what the technical difficulties would be for that on ANet's side, but it would seem like a reasonable solution. Now that they've fixed loot tables for these events, there is a tremendous amount of people participating.

Without the overflow, we might get stability issues with the areas. Damned either way, to be honest.

The problem is that the overflows aren't server specific. When a zone reaches a certain threshold, an overflow for that zone is created. After that, anyone on any server that tries to enter into that specific zone, if it's full, it goes into overflow, so basically you can find people from all servers playing overflow (actually, before guesting, some people were playing with friends from other servers by intentionally going into full zones to go into overflow while grouped).

The events do happen in overflow servers, but on their own timers, which depend on when was the overflow created, something nobody really knows, one time I tried to go into a dragon event and landed into overflow. I went to do something else and left the game connected... when I came back, the dragon event was starting on overflow, I started to call on guild chat for people that wanted to do it and invited them into the overflow (you can join other people in party in the same overflow).

BTW, while I do find annoying landing into overflow... I very much prefer to play on it even if I miss dragon events to just stare at a "zone is full, you're in queue to enter" message.

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• VindicarVindicar Member UncommonPosts: 138

wtf... 5 pages allready ?

wtf you guys are giving echoes to all those trolls...

Dood can't even tell the difference betwin politeness and sarcasm and you try to argue with him ?

Old school french hardcore whiner. Online since T4C.

I was "Namless" and "Daroot" in AO (Rk2)
    Been known as "Vindicar" (Aion (EU), SWTOR (EU), WoW (EU).
    Recently  Known as "Wundicar" and "Wundee" in Age of Wushu (US) and Wulin (EU)

Franky Rivera Reyes , From the Reyes Brotherhood (Star Citizen)

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    there is a sound bug ive had it happen maybe 5 or 6 times total since release , its not as dramatic as OP suggests but there is one there. Ive lost sound completely on Windows 8 laptop and windows 7 desktop , its not related to someones computer. This bug has been reported since release , it should of been fixed by now but some people in this forum especially thinks Anet deserves a free pass for a year or maybe two before fixing issues at release.
  • HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030
    Originally posted by JoeyMMO
    Originally posted by Starpower

LOL.

Yeah, you'd think forum moderators would be so stupid that they wouldn't get it, right? Well, bad luck, some do seem to have a brain after all. OMG that's a really good post.

He totally expected the mods to get it.  Insults, sarcastic or otherwise, don't work unless they get them.  They're completely pointless otherwise.  An insulter would actually get really frustrated if the insultee seriously mistook the insult for a compliment.  

The bizarre part is how he's coming here and still pretending as if his sarcasm is invisible to everyone.  He points to a collection of words like "I told them they are awesome" like they are a legal loophole, on whose basis he is rendered impervious to prosecution.  Fortunately, in the non-legal world, it doesn't work like that.  

• bookworm438bookworm438 Member Posts: 647

Thank you.
    You are so awesome."

I really don't know why.

then the game crashed.

But I didn't.

I can't possibly imagine why that post would be infracted. See I can do sarcasm too! 

Next time, try to be a little civil. Try posting an actual bug report with actual information for them. I.E. system specs, sound card, what exactly you were doing, screen shot of your current settings (both in game, and system sound settings) etc. 

Considering the number of people who have never even heard of this bug, I'm guessing it's not pretty widespread. That, or it only happens in very specific circumstances. In a gigantic game, nailing down those circumstances to actually locate the bug is extremely difficult. You realize that Guild Wars 2 has millions of lines of code. With something like this that only happens in certain situations, it's not obvious what the fix could be.

I honestly don't get why people think by posting "x doesn't work" will make a fix come faster. If you want a faster fix, post as much information that could possibly be related to the bug as possible (settings, actions, etc.). ArenaNet can't see your computer, they don't know what specs you have. So they don't know if it's very specific to this driver vendor (which it looks like it is), or if it exists across a wide range of systems. I understand in a person's self-righteousness, they might think posting very vague statements in regards to a bug will make ArenaNet suddenly know everything about you and your computer and what you were doing. 

You want to actually contribute to getting the bug fixed, OP? Post a constructive post with as much information as you possibly can the next time a bug occurs. Bugs that occur in very specific circumstances a lot harder to nail down than bugs that are very widespread.

Anyways /rant

Also, completely unrelated and off topic, why are you posting one sentence per line?

• Pretender00Pretender00 Member Posts: 84

OMGZ there's a bug in GW2. The world is ending... Here come the ZOMBIES !!

Quick, grab your "GO BAG" and follow me !!!