Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seriously? Scarlet Blade's AD, on this site no less

AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796

imageimage

They have no shame..  This is getting ridiculous in my opinion.

EDIT: The second one I'll just start with false advertising.  I know.. I'm being lame.  Still, even after the article about it here, I can't believe what I'm seeing.  They're taking the "Sex Sells" to the extreme.  But I guess we already knew that.

EDIT 2:  Aaaaand all I'm doing is giving them free advertising.  Alrighty then.  Don't mind me.

Comments

• kinidokinido Member UncommonPosts: 429

Your posts are just giving the game free exposure and hype.

I am curious to check the game out for the only reason that - I want to see what all of the fuss is about.

PS - All mammals have nipples.

Get over it already.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    So don't play it then. People speak with their wallets, words are worthless. So unless you're willing to buy that ad space and pay mmorpg.com you've really got no business telling them how they should pay their bills.
  • TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    I tested the game after seeing this thread.
  • AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796
    Originally posted by kinido

Your posts are just giving the game free exposure and hype.

I am curious to check the game out for the only reason that - I want to see what all of the fuss is about.

Just realized that and edited my OP to include that fact.  You're exactly right and I am done.  =)

• KinchyleKinchyle Member Posts: 309
    You see sex. I see cartoon girls.
  • muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    i like the "safe word" one.  reminds of jackass. 
  • ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

hmm not seen it before this topic.

I kinda ignore all adds, but am interesting in these forums and it's topic's

• BahamutKaiserBahamutKaiser Member UncommonPosts: 314

Sex sells, and I don't mind that they are advertising it... I do however expect them to actually offer nudity and sex as part of their product if that is what they are marketing with. Go ahead and make a fully functional MMO with a working hentai sex emulator on the side... Otherwise, stop teasing poorly informed teens, any of them can google hentai and find plenty of games and media that expressly satisfy that interest if they want it.

Teasing sex and not offering has little lasting impact...

Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, if they get angry, they'll be a mile away... and barefoot.

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    I had a brief look at it and it looks so terribad it's almost funny!
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Acidon

imageimage

They have no shame..  This is getting ridiculous in my opinion.

EDIT: The second one I'll just start with false advertising.  I know.. I'm being lame.  Still, even after the article about it here, I can't believe what I'm seeing.  They're taking the "Sex Sells" to the extreme.  But I guess we already knew that.

Wait... those are the ads for Scarlet Blade at http://scarletblade.aeriagames.com?

Interesting! I need to check that out!

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by Kinchyle
    You see sex. I see cartoon girls.

This. I can't get turned on by cartoon girls anymore XD.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

So I tried the game....yeah...don't waste your time.

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Most of the ads I see for games I don't know about already have the same sort of sexual aspect to them. A woman crouching over a speeder bike, huge breasts and pictures of woman in places where it just doesn't fit. I get amused by them all the time.

They have to get attention somehow or no one will play lol.
  • AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504
    The best way to reduce the effectiveness of a meme (or ad) is to talk about it, right?

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver