Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Path of Exile: Now with Two Million Registered Players

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Over two million players have registered for the juggernaut that is Path of Exile. According to Grinding Gears Games, the astonishing number of registrants is due to the overwhelmingly good ratings the game has received from the media and players alike.

"We're really pleased with Path of Exile's reception. It blew our expectations out of the water and continues to grow every day," said Chris Wilson, producer for Grinding Gear Games. "The continued feedback and support from our fans has been great. We expect to add a lot of new content and features during the Open Beta period as we approach full release later this year."

Find out more about Path of Exile.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• pookirpookir Member UncommonPosts: 72
    great news everyone!
  • RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494
    The game is great they just need to fix the animations to look more real and awesome

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

It's a great game. Love my Templar.

Far too much other PC and console gaming right now to play much PoE but I do give them props.

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197

PoE is freaking awesome.

GG did something Blizzard didn't.

..Cake..

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    Good for Path of Exile.  They made a really good arpg.
  • kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    2 million registerd does not mean 2 million playing..i registered but dont play..but saying that i,m sure there a heck of a lot of players playing this and i hope they enjoy it.and gl to the company who made it..i hope they make loads of money off it.
  • JoreelJoreel Member UncommonPosts: 148
    It's pretty awesome I agree... now if every registured player would just spend $5 on the game, it would make GG enough money to ensure that they could make this the next big thing. Thank You GG for makeing such an awesome game :-). 
  • mistersalty1mistersalty1 Member Posts: 26
    2 million means nothing as me personally I have 6 accounts by myself. My main account and the 5 other +50 quantity boosts lol
  • titanofdoomtitanofdoom Member UncommonPosts: 263
    fix the drop rates (too low) and fix melee it will be a good one!
    Perennially extricating the extraneous
  • crazynannycrazynanny Member Posts: 173

PoE is really solid game and although slow combat doesn't cut it for me I'd recommend trying it, especially if you were diehard Diablo 2 fan but didn't like changes in D3.

Still registered numbers cliche is old, doesn't really show anything if game is F2P and is pretty much useless bragging...

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    PoE seems great at first, then it's problems with 1-hit enemies and defense-only builds becomes apparent, to everyone who isn't just putting all their skill points into hp and defense nodes.  The practical shallowness of the skill tree (after you realize how limited in what practical paths you can take) is it's achilles heel, that and the completely stupid currency system.  Lack of  a good trading and grouping interface is strike 3.
  • PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    I'm glad some small developers are having some success. D3 is still better in every way IMO, but that doesn't mean there can't be more than one good game.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    Originally posted by Berrian
    IT would be great news if half of the 2million were not spammers from across the ocean farming/cheating/hacking and trying to sell you items from their websites.

Really these numbers mean absoltely nothing.....There are some browser games that like to throw out the "xxx million" registered users numbers and those games are absolute garbage.

• pokrakpokrak Member UncommonPosts: 111
    I tried this game but its just not good for me. There r great things about it like skill system based on gems but its just Diablo clon would say and Diablo style never was my thing. So I have to say Im registered too but u know.... F2P 
  • dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    Congrats to Grinding Gears Games!  PoE is a lot of fun.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• PainlezzPainlezz Member UncommonPosts: 646

I really wanted to love this game.  I've put a lot of hours into it.  But I just can't bring myself to continue.  Why?

Because any game that rewards people from playing/having multiple accounts is a failure in my book.  If you have 5 accounts running you'll gain 200% more items while playing.  That, is stupid.  It allows people to farm crazy stuff and inflate the economy beyond that of what a normal player can achieve.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    A nice achievement for sure but 2 million for a F2P game seems kind of low TBH.  I've also yet to try the game which is surprising as I loved D3.
  • catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677
    Originally posted by Normandy7
    Good for Path of Exile.  They made a really good arpg.

Yeah, pretty amazing game on a very limited budget. I definitely have enjoyed my time with PoE.

• MykellMykell Member UncommonPosts: 780
    Originally posted by adam_nox
    PoE seems great at first, then it's problems with 1-hit enemies and defense-only builds becomes apparent, to everyone who isn't just putting all their skill points into hp and defense nodes.  The practical shallowness of the skill tree (after you realize how limited in what practical paths you can take) is it's achilles heel, that and the completely stupid currency system.  Lack of  a good trading and grouping interface is strike 3.

Its only melee who really need to build defense only. My lvl70 witch is a hybrid. I have as many points in cold damage and crit as i do in energy shield.

My lvl63 2-hand marauder on the other hand is all hitpoints, armor and resistances. He actually doesn't even really need more damage but more survivability.

• teethteeth Member Posts: 67
    Originally posted by kevjards
    2 million registerd does not mean 2 million playing..i registered but dont play..but saying that i,m sure there a heck of a lot of players playing this and i hope they enjoy it.and gl to the company who made it..i hope they make loads of money off it.

I agree with everything ^above^. Though I usually don't play it much, anymore, it's a well-made game and GGG is well worth supporting. Considering that they're a very small team of devs, they've delivered one hell of a good game. I'll definitely be back to play any new content that they add.

• bbbb42bbbb42 Member UncommonPosts: 297
    Originally posted by DMKano

The issue with PoE is that there is no compelling reason to spend any $ in the cash shop. I know quite a few folks that play and none have spent a dime.

Not sure how they are making money and if they can sustain having a free game like this.

As far as registered users that's a good number, but other f2p games are in the 20+ million registers users, I am sure that over time PoE will get there as well.

because not everyone is a freeloader

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by bbbb42

The issue with PoE is that there is no compelling reason to spend any $ in the cash shop. I know quite a few folks that play and none have spent a dime.

Not sure how they are making money and if they can sustain having a free game like this.

As far as registered users that's a good number, but other f2p games are in the 20+ million registers users, I am sure that over time PoE will get there as well.

Oh is how it is now. If you don't fork over a bunch of money to a F2P game company you are a "freeloader"?

I can see this type of stereotyping becoming very popular and the ultimate demise of the F2P model..because people won't put up what that crap.

• dynamicipftwdynamicipftw Member UncommonPosts: 206

I still can't believe how this ended up being better than D3. Blizzard has completely lost it. 

• Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458
    Originally posted by Psychow

Oh is how it is now. If you don't fork over a bunch of money to a F2P game company you are a "freeloader"?

I can see this type of stereotyping becoming very popular and the ultimate demise of the F2P model..because people won't put up what that crap.

You don't need to spend a bunch of money,but in my eye's if you play a game on a regular basis you should support it.Doesn't mean you need to drop $50 or more on the game.

To me what it come's down to is being a cheapskate.Now this isn't pointed at anyone,I'm just saying that game's are not magically made for free.If you play regularly than show the dev's some love,is it really that hard?

If you can't spend any money at all ever,maybe you should reserve yourself to playing solitaire or freecell.

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    Originally posted by Psychow

The company running the game is a business, not a charity.  So yes, if you're using their services and not paying you're a freeloader.  Own it.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville