Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Firefall - One of the Worst MMO's I have played.

Comments

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975
    Prime example of why beta weekends are a fucking terrible idea.
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    I think the game is very fun but it is also not close to launch yet.  There are many planned features not yet implemented.  I have been in Beta for over a year.  I didnt play this weekend because I dont want to over play and spoil my fun for when it goes live.  I think the game is shaping up to be very fun and PVP was a lot of fun when I did it.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• Konner920Konner920 Member UncommonPosts: 295
    i feel bad for anyone that actually paid for beta access for this. I've been in the beta since the first few waves, I have like 5 invites.
  • LanceCLanceC Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Originally posted by Konner920
    i feel bad for anyone that actually paid for beta access for this. I've been in the beta since the first few waves, I have like 5 invites.

Got in for free. Key off a post in their forums. Went founder to support. Think people regularly give keys away on the forums there. 

• levin70levin70 Member Posts: 87

A few points from someone who was played the PVE side of the game nonstop for the past 60 days.

(1) PVE game play.  if they continue along the path they are setting up will be quire enjoyable.  The game world right now is incredibly small with very little variety.  Its that way on purpose.  The expansion of the map will be totally player driven.  Again if they stick to what they have said.  The world is quite beautiful though.

(2) crafting.  For those of us who remember the dynamic system from SWG pre-cu, this system may actually turn out to be BETTER.  you read that right.  Dynamic resourec spawns with multiple levels of resource classification/strata.  Not only that, but unlike SWG, you actually have to work to gather resources, which is great.  Almost none of its implemented yet, other than the dynamic spawning resources, but what I have seen so far is incredibly encouraging.

(3) open world sandbox.  No levels.  No conning creatures to determine if you can fight or should run.  Go anywhere and everywhere day 1.  That is ingame today - but see my comment from #1 above.  The world is small for a reason.  They plan to increase its size over time, by player interaction.  I hope they stick to it.  There are starter quests, but only a few of them to orient you.  Also, please note, there is no real tutuorial yet, they are working on it.  So don't get frustrated, and don't be afraid to ask in zone chat for help or on the forums.  People will help you out if you ask for assistance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IM17s5Fxpx0&list=UUxf5w-2pnx74SpNy6P7QWSA&index=29

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgFcEW5nyGI

The above links are great videos explaining what Firefall wants to accomplish with its open world, eventually.  Watch it, its great

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

People really shouldn't be allowed to post crap like this about a game in beta. It's disrespectable to a company that obviously spends a lot of money advertising on this site.

The games not even close to being finished and some moron is complaining about it being small and...unfinished. I mean really...who looks at a half finsihed painting and says " hey that looks half finished"

• mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768
    Originally posted by iamthekiller

It's just so boring and uninspired...I couldn't find a single redeeming quality to the game...

Small and generic looking world....

Terrible custimization and terrible progression....

There was barely anyone even playing, a totally free open beta weekend and nobody is even giving a dried up turd...

Public quests that barely ever cycle around, I spent 20 minutes jumping around looking for somethign to shoot..

Figured out the only content is 2 public quests and resource calldown crap...

Couldn't get a pvp match, but judging from the PVE and the way the game plays in general..I'm sure I missed nothing.

Definately one of the worst and most boring MMO's I have ever played.

The OP is a troll that doesnot know the game, so dont pay attention to him.

want 7 free days of playing? Try this

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

• skamperskamper Member UncommonPosts: 252

It's just so boring and uninspired...I couldn't find a single redeeming quality to the game...

There was barely anyone even playing, a totally free open beta weekend and nobody is even giving a dried up turd...

Public quests that barely ever cycle around, I spent 20 minutes jumping around looking for somethign to shoot..

Couldn't get a pvp match, but judging from the PVE and the way the game plays in general..I'm sure I missed nothing.

PVE = Thumpers

PVP = Battlegrounds. AKA Global Agenda

Let's all keep defending this bland boring game. Love you kids.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by skamper

PVE = Thumpers

Well i would not call it a bland boring game..

for somthing that is free to play its not bad.. sure its nothing special and i dont think i would put too much time into it.. but i have seen a lot worse..

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731

PVE = Thumpers

http://www.firefallthegame.com/game/ - check under the screenshot subsection please

Also FYI: PVE= thumpers and dynamic events (which range from meh repair/defend missions to Chosen incursions which... if you're ever looking at it through a sniper rifle scope and it's coming towards you you're gonna be shitting bricks when the juggernaughts start shelling your position).

Now that your ass is on a platter, keep hating on what you don't know dude.

• DaemonweaverDaemonweaver Member UncommonPosts: 124

Have not played this game because it is not really my style of game. However thought I would include a link from a reviewer who I like. I think he gives it quite an impartial review and game sounds very interesting just not for me.

Only thing I have to say is it has been in Beta a long time, maybe too long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4FE33L3dTk

• skamperskamper Member UncommonPosts: 252
    Originally posted by Dihoru

PVE = Thumpers

http://www.firefallthegame.com/game/ - check under the screenshot subsection please

Also FYI: PVE= thumpers and dynamic events (which range from meh repair/defend missions to Chosen incursions which... if you're ever looking at it through a sniper rifle scope and it's coming towards you you're gonna be shitting bricks when the juggernaughts start shelling your position).

Now that your ass is on a platter, keep hating on what you don't know dude.

I can count the number of  "Dynamic events" on my hand. Pretty "dynamic". PVE is sitting around killing random mobs that spawn and doing thumpers. And "dynamic" events are simply killing the same ol stuff you have been killing with a minor objective.

And I'll care when that stuff is actually put in. Plenty of game developers talk about what they want and never deliver, or deliver half finished crap. They obviously opened this beta because they're out of money and need to grab some from people.

Their definition of "beta": Well we're out of money, or we need more, so we'll just open up our stale game and take money from people who are looking for something new. 

Beta started in August 2011. Two thousand eleven. It has been in "beta" for a year and a half. In that amount of time we got what? A few more areas to do thumpers, a pvp map and a rebalance of the tree. I mean come the fuck on they launched the STORE before any real content. And you can see it on that little "section below screenshots" you are talking about. Who cares who the guys are. They have no idea what they're doing. They want to take peoples money before even having any content in, and they got these kids, like you, to defend this horrible game.

It had potential, they lost confidence, and the game is dying. They opened beta way too early. They opened the shop before delivering any sort of real content. So where is that Chosen war,  or where are the sneak peeks for the mighty Episodic Campaign. I love their little plea to gamers about their "real beta". Yup a "Real beta" asking for your money.

Keep on defending this polished turd.

• SaltyBogeySaltyBogey Member UncommonPosts: 123
    Kind of agree with the OP... To make matters worse, I really can't see how the developers are going to make money from this game? There's going to be extreme low volumes in game purchasing simply because the game doesn't hold your attention for more than 2 weeks.
  • VidirVidir Member UncommonPosts: 963
    Im not going to say the game is good or bad, just that I had hopes for the game and guess if I was glad when I got the beta invite few months ago. Well I did play for a few houres and now I get beta invite at least 1 per week and I dont even considder playing.
  • MavannMavann Member Posts: 6
    The game feels like a First Person Tabula Rasa are we sure its not another Richard Garriott production?
  • FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

I like it, I'll play when it's released.

do you know what else they did better than SWTOR?

The speeders are actual SPEEDERS

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    could have swore FF was a FPS. I tried the beta mid last year. At the time, I just wasn't into shooters.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • WahrHeitWahrHeit Member UncommonPosts: 57

I dont recommend firefall until new milestone...and you missed PvP and PvP its supposed to be the "Best" thing of firefall... But i have to say....sometimes they dont know what they are doing until its too late.

I mean people its waiting for the third milestone of the game...which its like making 3 different games.

But despite of everything devs are really nice they do community videos every friday and talk about topics and direction of the game...

I think it will do fine...but it have a big road to travel....

Its one of those games who have a fucking long beta...but they actually do something.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Played the game for about 30 minutes before I had seen all I needed to see. No thx
  • QueshankQueshank Member Posts: 1

For some context:

I'm 42.  I was a Doom WAD junkie...with me, my wife and a friend making our own maps and sharing them to play each other.  I was big into Quake and Duke Nukem 3D.  When EQ came out I was in the first wave of players.  Same with DAoC, City of Heroes, Shadowbane.  I was an open beta player for WoW (and still play it sporadically) Every MMORPG that came out I was all over it.  I preordered Rifts and SWTOR.  And then quit both due to their lackluster gameplay. 

The only MMORPGs I ever consistently came back to were Everquest and WoW.  Everything else was just something to do cuz I was bored with those. 

Tried the open beta of Firefall and I am personally quite blown away.   I immediately paid $20 to become a founder and am logging in every few days to see what if anything is different.  This game has serious potential on release. 

Compared to other MMORPGs ... even traveling on foot in this game is fun.  The crafting system seems quite amazing.

I think if your background is FPS'ers you're going to dislike the state of the game atm.  If your background is MMORPGs you might not like having to aim to shoot.  For someone like me, who USED to like FPSers (just haven't found any worth investing a ton of time in since Half Life), and loves MMORPGs ... this game is perfect.  If the release date for this game is Christmas of this year, it is going to be a serious contendor in my opinion.  If the release date is in two months it's going to tank.  They have a lot of work to do, but they have the foundation for a truly stellar game if they don't hose it up.

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    Originally posted by DamonVile

People really shouldn't be allowed to post crap like this about a game in beta. It's disrespectable to a company that obviously spends a lot of money advertising on this site.

The games not even close to being finished and some moron is complaining about it being small and...unfinished. I mean really...who looks at a half finsihed painting and says " hey that looks half finished"

First impressions mean a lot.  It doesn't matter that it's only beta, it will be judged based on it's current state (right or wrong).  The "miracle" patch that players always get hyped about between beta and release that's going to cure the ills of the world is fiction.  It never materializes.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• MattisxMattisx Member Posts: 14

The game is taking a long time to make, but that's not a bad thing, Red5 wants to make sure it's done right.  Once the devs are happy with the way the world feels, the frames, crafting, resources, items, etc, THEN they will start pumping out content ->stuff for you to do.  There will be a lot more patches to come, "miracle" patches perhaps, that start adding the world-changing quest-lines that are tied to the lore/plot of the game/story.  While it is still in closed beta, they will continue to optimize and change the game and NOT begin the over-arching storyline of the game until it's ready for everyone.  It would be a HUGE mistake to change the game to open beta or release before the were completely happy with all the other less noticed systems.

If you were lucky enough to spend time playing in the beta, post your comments and complaints on the firefall board to tell them what you liked or disliked.  They are very respectful and receptive to feedback.

When you deign to play a closed beta, you take on the role of a beta tester.  To come out with a bad experience, and not share that experience through the proper channels, makes you a pretty poor beta tester IMO.

• VidirVidir Member UncommonPosts: 963
    Originally posted by Mattisx

The game is taking a long time to make, but that's not a bad thing, Red5 wants to make sure it's done right.  Once the devs are happy with the way the world feels, the frames, crafting, resources, items, etc, THEN they will start pumping out content ->stuff for you to do.  There will be a lot more patches to come, "miracle" patches perhaps, that start adding the world-changing quest-lines that are tied to the lore/plot of the game/story.  While it is still in closed beta, they will continue to optimize and change the game and NOT begin the over-arching storyline of the game until it's ready for everyone.  It would be a HUGE mistake to change the game to open beta or release before the were completely happy with all the other less noticed systems.

If you were lucky enough to spend time playing in the beta, post your comments and complaints on the firefall board to tell them what you liked or disliked.  They are very respectful and receptive to feedback.

When you deign to play a closed beta, you take on the role of a beta tester.  To come out with a bad experience, and not share that experience through the proper channels, makes you a pretty poor beta tester IMO.

ok

• wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Originally posted by Queshank

For some context:

I'm 42.  I was a Doom WAD junkie...with me, my wife and a friend making our own maps and sharing them to play each other.  I was big into Quake and Duke Nukem 3D.  When EQ came out I was in the first wave of players.  Same with DAoC, City of Heroes, Shadowbane.  I was an open beta player for WoW (and still play it sporadically) Every MMORPG that came out I was all over it.  I preordered Rifts and SWTOR.  And then quit both due to their lackluster gameplay. 

The only MMORPGs I ever consistently came back to were Everquest and WoW.  Everything else was just something to do cuz I was bored with those. 

Tried the open beta of Firefall and I am personally quite blown away.   I immediately paid $20 to become a founder and am logging in every few days to see what if anything is different.  This game has serious potential on release. 

Compared to other MMORPGs ... even traveling on foot in this game is fun.  The crafting system seems quite amazing.

I think if your background is FPS'ers you're going to dislike the state of the game atm.  If your background is MMORPGs you might not like having to aim to shoot.  For someone like me, who USED to like FPSers (just haven't found any worth investing a ton of time in since Half Life), and loves MMORPGs ... this game is perfect.  If the release date for this game is Christmas of this year, it is going to be a serious contendor in my opinion.  If the release date is in two months it's going to tank.  They have a lot of work to do, but they have the foundation for a truly stellar game if they don't hose it up.

I'm 30, was and still am huge into Quake. I played EQ on release and became a MMORPG fan, but always will be a FPS fan first. Even more than that, I'm a competitive, skill-based FPS fan.

Firefall is shit.

Speak for yourself old guy.

• PanthienPanthien Member UncommonPosts: 559
    Originally posted by dave6660
    Originally posted by DamonVile

First impressions mean a lot.  It doesn't matter that it's only beta, it will be judged based on it's current state (right or wrong).  The "miracle" patch that players always get hyped about between beta and release that's going to cure the ills of the world is fiction.  It never materializes.

It depence on what stage of beta they are, games make huge changes and steps in earlier steps of beta. Not to mention they are bring big changes into the game around the 22th, so they clearly are working on improvements during beta.

Then there are people whining about class ballance, atleast THEY are in beta, unlike lets say.. RIFT where they managed to completely eliminate viability of some classes in PVP to the point betwine those patches you saw pretty much 1 single class in their warzones and that retail. Beta is a great time to work on that

This is the first company Ive seen actively discussing their progress wth their testers even on an actual personal lvl. They do listen, they just dont obey to an indifidual, alot of tweaks and changes they have made have been based on suggestions and feedback from their testers, Ive ran into a few I suggested myself.

But you are right, some people join beta's as if they are free trials and take them as such, ironic enough some harp over flaws in early stages (that are often but not always fixed) and completely ignore other issues in final stages (see SwToR's beta weekends ~1 month before release)

This discussion has been closed.