Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ragnarok Online II: Coming to WarPortal Soon

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Gravity Interactive has announced that Ragnarok Online 2 will be coming to WarPortal later this spring. The beta for the game is expected to launch in April and interested players can head to WarPortal to sign up as a potential tester.

“Ragnarok players the world over have awaited the coming of Ragnarok 2 for years, and soon they will find the wait was worth it!” said Jason Heimdallr Koerperich, Ragnarok 2 Producer at Gravity Interactive. “The combination of nostalgia with new story and gameplay features is a wonderful thing players will really enjoy whether or not they are familiar with the classic game!”

Find out more about the game and sign up for beta testing on the WarPortal Ragnarok Online 2 page.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• majinantmajinant Member UncommonPosts: 418
    Tried it. Doesn't get anywhere near to living up to the original.

• ShadowVlicanShadowVlican Member UncommonPosts: 158
    just another generic mmo... it will never beat the original
  • AtmaDarkwolfAtmaDarkwolf Member UncommonPosts: 353

Its only saving grace may be that it had dragon nest style combat... but it looks like they removed that combat style and went with a generic old school WoW pnc type... sad.

The game is utterly and compleatly a worthless waste of time now, and whats even worse is that it took that classic iconic name and slapped it on its side, so that if there is to EVER be another RO, this steaming pile of .... will tarnish it for all time.

Pretty animations though (I Had to say SOMETHING good)

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    In this case, going full 3D is a mistake.
  • PyxidisVPyxidisV Member Posts: 1
    The game it's self is actually good I saw a lot of negitive comments. I would try this one for yourself and not listen to them. I enjoyed it I would how ever wait for the NA servers if that is were your from. Since the other one is run by Asiasoft and it is already pay to win. However Gravity is suspose to run the NA servers and have said they do not want to go that route.  Though if that is true or not is yet to be seen.
  • kiznickkiznick Member UncommonPosts: 5
    I too enjoyed it a great deal. I squealed the moment I ran into a poring! I loved the fact that it was fully 3D. You can see the hints of old RO1 in the architecture and styles of clothing, also in the types of mobs. It was fantastic playing. Perfect quality except for a server issue by the provider. You should definitely try it for yourself before you make a decision to not play it. There is nothing wrong with it that maybe time might need to fix. 

--------------------
    Toodles,

Kiznick

• exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    Originally posted by PyxidisV
    The game it's self is actually good I saw a lot of negitive comments. I would try this one for yourself and not listen to them. I enjoyed it I would how ever wait for the NA servers if that is were your from. Since the other one is run by Asiasoft and it is already pay to win. However Gravity is suspose to run the NA servers and have said they do not want to go that route.  Though if that is true or not is yet to be seen.

what your talking about? RO1 is heavy pay2 win in Warpportal.

And as many who enjoyed and grew up with RO1, i would never recommend anyone RO2. They failed on every aspect of it.

• xLionxLion Member UncommonPosts: 4
    D2 will like this! =)
  • SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
    Ro1 is pretty pay2win because of all the overpowered as hell gear you can get from the cash shop during events. Heroic backpack, some other items, stuff like, the chick hat which allows assassins to double attack at level 10 double attack (it uses the lv of it you have learned if you have higher than lv 2) I mean you CAN do fine without this stuff, it just makes it way easier.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Originally posted by Siveria
    Ro1 is pretty pay2win because of all the overpowered as hell gear you can get from the cash shop during events. Heroic backpack, some other items, stuff like, the chick hat which allows assassins to double attack at level 10 double attack (it uses the lv of it you have learned if you have higher than lv 2) I mean you CAN do fine without this stuff, it just makes it way easier.

Thus why people played on 'other' servers as time went on that would cut out on the P2W crap while also having far better work done on stopping bots. 

Sadly it feels like they completely tossed out making any effort on RO and RO2 seems to just borrow in name only as it goes 3d in the most generic way possible, losing out on a lot of what made RO such an amazing game.

It looks fine Is uppose, but its still just a good 'generic' game and nothing more really. If they put effort and made RO2 like RO1 but with updated graphics and a clean engine, it would of turned out vastly better. 

• TaiyohTaiyoh Member UncommonPosts: 48
    Let's just hope I can actually play it this time. I never got the Playpark version to work, probably because they hate europeans.
  • DAOWAceDAOWAce Member UncommonPosts: 432

The last version of RO2 was a much better game; though highly unpolished and without direction (definitely a beta).

Shame that the current version is, as everyone's saying, another generic MMORPG.  Was such a letdown.

I really hope they put their effort back into the previous version for the next Ragnarok Online release; even if it isn't RO3.

• AtmaDarkwolfAtmaDarkwolf Member UncommonPosts: 353

Originally posted by PyxidisV

Originally posted by kiznick
    I too enjoyed it a great deal. I squealed the moment I ran into a poring! I loved the fact that it was fully 3D. You can see the hints of old RO1 in the architecture and styles of clothing, also in the types of mobs. It was fantastic playing. Perfect quality except for a server issue by the provider. You should definitely try it for yourself before you make a decision to not play it. There is nothing wrong with it that maybe time might need to fix. 

lol Did they offer you free stuff if u 'boosted the ratings' or are you just really hopeful? And if so, what game is the free stuff with :P

• frozbitesfrozbites Member Posts: 8

Its a fail game already. enjoy wasting your time on this.

Choy

• Salio69Salio69 Member CommonPosts: 428
    played it.... after playing RO1 since 2001, i can say this game doesnt even come close to it. just think of "generic mmo x", add some RO theme to it, and you have RO2. everyone i know who played it all quit already. shame, HAD such high hopes for it.

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

They spent so much time producing and reproducing this game only to end up with a generic cliche of a style that's dying or dead to most gamers. I can't imagine why investors are starting to shy away from MMOs, with companies like these just throwing cash down the drain.

Only thing that's more of a waste of time to make this game is the time it would take to play it.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• Segun777Segun777 Jade Dynasty CorrespondentMember Posts: 97
    Too little, too late; and hey who knows they might switch the countries allowed at the last minute!
  • TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235
    tried it a while ago when they went open beta, nowhere near the original, it will never bring back the experience i had in RO2

So What Now?

• GranDuxGranDux Member Posts: 70

Gravity released a previous RO game in 3D that failed.

If the game is known to be good in 2D with 3D rendering for environment why switch to the generic 3D MMO function and feel look of every other game out there?

What brought people to RO 1 was it's vast amount of customization it's features fullness of the game with multiple dungeons and raid features as well and it's rendering of 3D environment with 2D pixel art.