Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why I am excited about Elder Scrolls Online

124»

Comments

• bill4747bill4747 Member Posts: 202
    Originally posted by Maelwydd
    Originally posted by bill4747

My opinion is biased, but I still think it accurate.

I am going to have to take a moment to really absorb that comment....

I am biased in regards to what I like in an mmorpg.

My expectations of ESO are a reasonable and accurate assesment of the informnation at hand.

Fine but I am trying to understand how you can be biased and accurate at the same time...

Anyway with that I am done with this thread.

All people are biased. There has never been a human being capable of unbiased logic.

Therefore.....everyone, you me, everyone is biased.

Are you suggesting no human being can be accurate?

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by Mavek
    Originally posted by DavisFlight
    Originally posted by MyTabbycat
    Name a unique, never been done in an MMO feature that TESO has....

Name a unique, never been done in an MMO feature that WoW has...

Well, that's what makes WoW such a shitty MMO, and why TESO is shaping up to be the same.

WoW was very innovative, had crisp gameplay, and was casual (compared to other mmo's of the time) when it came out hence why it became so big and is still copied today.  If you're going to bash something at least get your facts straight.

WOW has never, not ONCE innovated. All their ideas are ripped directly from games that came before them. It became big because it was the first MMO to have a huge brand name recognition with a well known company behind them, and a year long multi million dollar ad campaign, as well as it being super casual to appeal to the non MMO crowd. Crisp gameplay, lmao.

Originally posted by BadSpock

ESO will not be Skyrim Online.

But, I believe it will be closer to Skyrim Online than any other mmorpg will be.

I want an immersive world, and I want to be able to be a plate wearing mage if I choose.

ESO will be a billion times closer to that than anny other mmorpg. I hope.

You aren't going to get a game remotely like Skyrim. The closest MMO to the Elderscrolls series is Darkfall.

Darkfall is nothing like Elder Scrolls and vice versa.

Except that, like in ES, you can attack anyone anywhere.

Except that, like in ES, it is first person real time twitch based combat.

Except that, like in ES, there are no instances or zones or loading except for dungeons (which aren't instanced).

Except that, like in ES, you can pick up and use whatever weapon or armor you find.

It is the most like ES out of any of the MMOs out there.

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    Originally posted by DiSpLiFF
    Originally posted by MyTabbycat

Name a unique, never been done in an MMO feature that WoW has...

Name a unique, never been done in an MMO feature that GW2 has...

we can do this all day

I dont think its so much what an mmorpg does than what an mmorpg does right and not a lot of mmorpg's do what theyre trying to do right.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

The class system and loadout systems tied to it are rather unique, there are not very many (if any) class systems that leave themselves open to player choice like this one does. It's more or less a hybrid of the two system we as MMOer's are used to, skill systems and class systems. All in all it's a unique system.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Originally posted by Distopia

The class system and loudout systems tied to it are rather unique, there are not very many (if any) class systems that leave themselves open to player choice like this one does. It's more or less a hybrid of the two system we as MMOer's are used to, skill systems and class systems. All in all it's a unique system.

Have you never played oh say...any of the MMOs that came before WOW?

• azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402

The class system and loudout systems tied to it are rather unique, there are not very many (if any) class systems that leave themselves open to player choice like this one does. It's more or less a hybrid of the two system we as MMOer's are used to, skill systems and class systems. All in all it's a unique system.

And which MMOs allow all classes to use all weapons, armors and utility skills on top of class specific skills and that have players raising all those skills through usage and not point allocations? Because, I don't know any and I'm really curious about it.

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466

Okay.

The class system and loadout systems tied to it are rather unique, there are not very many (if any) class systems that leave themselves open to player choice like this one does. It's more or less a hybrid of the two system we as MMOer's are used to, skill systems and class systems. All in all it's a unique system.

Sure I'm/was a huge SWG fan, but that was a skill system not a class system, I can't really think of a class system that had this same amount of choice toward class builds. You can essentially be anything you want, pulling from your base role, while adding other roles/loadouts to supplement it. Like I said it's a mixing of the two camps, skill systems and class systems.

I'm all ears if there's a game out that already does this, I'd love to give it a shot, the closest thing to it would be rift, which didn't offer this much choice. As the abilities weren't tied to weapons/armor, they were tied to a hybrid class system.

Originally posted by azarhal

And which MMOs allow all classes to use all weapons, armors and utility skills on top of class specific skills and that have players raising all those skills through usage and not point allocations? Because, I don't know any and I'm really curious about it.

Darkfall, Ultima Online, Asheron's Call, SWG

They weren't class systems, they were freeform skill systems.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

But, I believe it will be closer to Skyrim Online than any other mmorpg will be.

I want an immersive world, and I want to be able to be a plate wearing mage if I choose.

wait

for anything you have said here, how is TESO closer to Skyrim than Darkfall is in gameplay?

only thing TESO has over Darkfall in terms of being closer to Skyrim, is the dirrect link to the IP. thats it. Darkfall has closer gameplay, yet failed because most MMO gamers really dont like that kind of game in a massive multiplayer setting.

hence why Elder Scroll games are singleplayer games most of the time.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

They weren't class systems, they were freeform skill systems.

There were classes in those games. Just as there are in this game.

Originally posted by BadSpock

You aren't going to get a game remotely like Skyrim. The closest MMO to the Elderscrolls series is Darkfall.

Darkfall is nothing like Elder Scrolls and vice versa.

Except that, like in ES, you can attack anyone anywhere.

Except that, like in ES, it is first person real time twitch based combat.

Except that, like in ES, there are no instances or zones or loading except for dungeons (which aren't instanced).

Except that, like in ES, you can pick up and use whatever weapon or armor you find.

It is the most like ES out of any of the MMOs out there.

Bumping the truth.

• KendaneKendane Member UncommonPosts: 225

The trolls really need to stop on this games forum. Enough of the postive threads, this game is garbage and anyone that says otherwise is a blind fanboy that must be silenced. I mean, why is it that every player doesn't become the ingame guild leader of every guild?!?! Why is it while in Skyrim I could travel to Morrowwind or Cyridil and not run into an invisable border but here I will?! Also why is it that in Skyrim if I wanted to play a mage wearing heavy armor I could but in this worthless digusting piece of garbage they call an mmo I can't. And don't try to use those fanboy tactics like facts on me. I don't care if they say that you can choose to where whatever armor you wish with varying results in the MMO, or that in Skyrim you would allegedly run into an invisable wall with the message "you cannot travel any further", enough of those LIES! Leave this board NOW to the ones that belong here, us who say that this game is garbage! 

(Disclaimer) Due to sarcasm sometimes not translating well to text, the previous post was just that, sarcasm.

• tropiktropik Member UncommonPosts: 97
    Originally posted by Kendane

The trolls really need to stop on this games forum. Enough of the postive threads, this game is garbage and anyone that says otherwise is a blind fanboy that must be silenced. I mean, why is it that every player doesn't become the ingame guild leader of every guild?!?! Why is it while in Skyrim I could travel to Morrowwind or Cyridil and not run into an invisable border but here I will?! Also why is it that in Skyrim if I wanted to play a mage wearing heavy armor I could but in this worthless digusting piece of garbage they call an mmo I can't. And don't try to use those fanboy tactics like facts on me. I don't care if they say that you can choose to where whatever armor you wish with varying results in the MMO, or that in Skyrim you would allegedly run into an invisable wall with the message "you cannot travel any further", enough of those LIES! Leave this board NOW to the ones that belong here, us who say that this game is garbage! 

(Disclaimer) Due to sarcasm sometimes not translating well to text, the previous post was just that, sarcasm.

Yea, indeed. Hey does anybody else hate WoW? Totally mainstream.