Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Still an Insane Grindfest?

RollieJoeRollieJoe Member UncommonPosts: 451

Haven't played TERA in some time (I played after the horrible Nexus events were added but stopped before Argon Queen) and have a question about the game for a current player.

Is it possible now to get the best PvP gear from doing just PvP?   Or do you still need to grind out thousands of hours of PvE farming to get the gold/mats to craft + enchant gear to have the best stuff?

Basically I want to know, if I level up a character then do *nothing* but PvP al ot for say, 1-3 months would it be possible to have the best gear with enchants and everything (for PvP). 

Thanks!

Comments

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

It really depends... maybe they will add new gear for PvP in 2-3 months that exceeds Visionmaker, but currently visionmaker is stronger than conjunct and even some arena gear. 

Depending on the class arena is stronger than visionmaker pure defence/attack wise but visionmaker has some random modifiers that make it really strong as well. 

Currently i'd say visionmaker is better than arena gear but the gap isn't that huge, however getting arena gear above 1200 is pretty hard without VM, just need to be a good player using conjunct. 

Not sure if the federation update will add new PvP gear or not.

• AsariashaAsariasha Member UncommonPosts: 252

It still is a grindfest. For best PvE-equipment you must participate in Nexus events. It is a horrible lagfest that you would have to grind through hundreds of times in order to get your complete gear. Same for PvP-equipment. You have to grind through the arenas and in addition you should prepare to raid Argus Corpus (Maldita) dozens of times for tier13 equipment.

I have no problem to have to work for something, but rinse and repeat raids aren't fun at all. Asia grinder at its best. However, the combat system is incredibly fun.

• RollieJoeRollieJoe Member UncommonPosts: 451
    Ah ok, thanks for the info guys.  Dissapointed to hear its still so grindy, I also loved the combat - my favorite by far in any MMO I've ever played (almost all of them). 
  • PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    Originally posted by Asariasha

It still is a grindfest. For best PvE-equipment you must participate in Nexus events. It is a horrible lagfest that you would have to grind through hundreds of times in order to get your complete gear. Same for PvP-equipment. You have to grind through the arenas and in addition you should prepare to raid Argus Corpus (Maldita) dozens of times for tier13 equipment.

You are so utterly misinformed...

Nexus credit reward has skyrocketed, you can run nexus a few times and get everything you need. Its also been re-worked and is way less laggy.

Also you can just buy the t13 equipment from the broker or do BGs, why would you have to run argon corpus?

• tintilinictintilinic Member Posts: 283
    Its still extreme grind.
  • NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    Originally posted by tintilinic
    Its still extreme grind.

We heard you the first time.

Originally posted by NBlitz
    Its still extreme grind.

And?

I am glad you posted it so i dont have to repeat myself :)

Its still extreme grind.

And?

What and? If you say "extreme grind" now the readers have context. "Extreme grind" vs. doing...heck knows what it is you do at cap level to keep yourself entertained (age-old MMO dilemma).

Extreme puzzle jumping (ha ha)? Extreme faction grinding? Extreme gold farming? Extreme standing-around-the-city-talking-to-friends/guildies-while-showing-off-fugly-armour? Extreme "e-sporting"? Extreme flailing-around-mobs-in-crappy-dungeons ad nauseum for crappy rewards?

Real Korean grinders feel offended at the mention of extreme+grind+TERA in the same sentence.

There's "grind" in almost every game. While some don't have anything to keep players in the long run and expect the players to simply stay just because ;-)

Basically, everyone gets to pick their poison.

I am glad you posted it so i dont have to repeat myself :)

I'm glad you're glad.

SNIP

i think "its still extreme grind" is quite sufficient thank you :)

And there are still games that do that better (as i said in my post) :)

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    depends what you consider a  "insane grind" everyone has differn't views of what is and isn't a grind... Lineage was an insane grind imho.. Tera is nothing compared to the lineage games grind wise... getting jedi in swg at launch was an insane grind... so it all depends

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by Aerowyn
    depends what you consider a  "insane grind" everyone has differn't views of what is and isn't a grind... Lineage was an insane grind imho.. Tera is nothing compared to the lineage games grind wise... getting jedi in swg at launch was an insane grind... so it all depends

Well the OP did have a specific question.

You sure answered that specific question with your four word post earlier. 

Since I absolutely dislike PvP in any game I play, below is a post I read a day ago or so. Which I hope attempts to provide a "specific response" to the OP's "specific question."

Then it's entirely up to the OP to decide if it's extreme for him/her or not.

"You can buy the Agnitor gear, Fraywind Gear and recipes from the AH. meaning you only have to farm materials. 7 Agnitor Mats = 5k x 7 = 35,000 agintor points divide that by 1700 minimum for each nexus. 21 nexus and you have all the materials. Do 1 nexus a day they are available = 3 weeks 3 days. Do all nexus (12 a week) and you'll have it in 1 week and 5 days. How the heck is this hard to obtain?

BG points 2,200 points per material x 7 = 15,400 points. If you win you max out at 130 points, lead and win it's 210 points. Lose 30 points minimum for showing up. BGs last 9-15 minutes. Worst case 30 points at 15 minute average BGs = 120 points per hour = 128 hours of BGs. Best case 130 points 15 minutes = 520 points per hour = 30 hours of BGs.

Worst part is the BG grinding, I usually make max points on a loss 80. Just focus on your weapon and work your way through your gear. If you're DPS: Weapon - Gloves - Chest - Boots. Healers have it best no need for weapon, just go Chest - Boots maybe gloves."

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    Originally posted by Pivotelite

Also you can just buy the t13 equipment from the broker or do BGs, why would you have to run argon corpus?

That's what I do.

As far as the previous poster's mentioned of "extreme grind"  - lol.

It's amazing how what that term means has changed over the years.

Tera is not an extreme grind. Heck,  Aion is more grindy than tera and I dont' think Aion is really grindy.

In Tera I got to 60 in less than a week (with very devoted playing mind you) and I buy my equipment from the AH.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Originally posted by Sovrath

Tera is not an extreme grind. Heck,  Aion is more grindy than tera and I dont' think Aion is really grindy.

In Tera I got to 60 in less than a week (with very devoted playing mind you) and I buy my equipment from the AH.

Thats because games without much grind (or optional grind if you prefer) came out that have actually versatile content and shown how limited and narrow and contentless those "old school" games were.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

You sure answered that specific question with your four word post earlier. 

Since I absolutely dislike PvP in any game I play, below is a post I read a day ago or so. Which I hope attempts to provide a "specific response" to the OP's "specific question."

Then it's entirely up to the OP to decide if it's extreme for him/her or not.

"You can buy the Agnitor gear, Fraywind Gear and recipes from the AH. meaning you only have to farm materials. 7 Agnitor Mats = 5k x 7 = 35,000 agintor points divide that by 1700 minimum for each nexus. 21 nexus and you have all the materials. Do 1 nexus a day they are available = 3 weeks 3 days. Do all nexus (12 a week) and you'll have it in 1 week and 5 days. How the heck is this hard to obtain?

BG points 2,200 points per material x 7 = 15,400 points. If you win you max out at 130 points, lead and win it's 210 points. Lose 30 points minimum for showing up. BGs last 9-15 minutes. Worst case 30 points at 15 minute average BGs = 120 points per hour = 128 hours of BGs. Best case 130 points 15 minutes = 520 points per hour = 30 hours of BGs.

Worst part is the BG grinding, I usually make max points on a loss 80. Just focus on your weapon and work your way through your gear. If you're DPS: Weapon - Gloves - Chest - Boots. Healers have it best no need for weapon, just go Chest - Boots maybe gloves."

As of the latest patch much of this may even be outdated now.. Much of the faction reward for agnitor is getting buffed ? IE you get way more. So this grind is becoming even way less.

Originally posted by DamonVile
    ()

As of the latest patch much of this may even be outdated now.. Much of the faction reward for agnitor is getting buffed ? IE you get way more. So this grind is becoming even way less.

Cool, it's good to know and it's more specific info for the OP's specific question(s).

Often I don't keep tabs on what's to come, until it's actually been released. And if it's PvP stuff I just glance over it ^^

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    Originally posted by Sovrath

Thats because games without much grind (or optional grind if you prefer) came out that have actually versatile content and shown how limited and narrow and contentless those "old school" games were.

I'll just accept that as "in my opinion", as I'm actually playing those limited, narrow contentless games" as they offer (for me) more fun than what has been passed as a versatile content full game.

I imagine that this has more to do with what one expects when they log in. Some desire to be whisked away to a guided tour of the land and some desire an "ok, I've logged in, what do I feel like doing" experience. IN my opinion neither is superior but one might be more intriguing to any player at any given time.

In any case, Tera is not a grind game any more than WoW is a grind game in the context of what a grind game used to be.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Of course its still grindy. Its a Korean game, after all... ^^  Nexus is also still a lag feast, and given the way things have been going, likely always will be.   I currently have three 60's (lancer, slayer, warrior) and a level 45 berzerker.  I'm slowly grinding the zerker up to level 60. Why? Because I like the combat system.  I also like the eye candy graphics.  Beyond that its the typical grind feast.
    "If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."