Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] Marvel Heroes: A Deep Dive Into Marvel Heroes

2»

Comments

• VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461

"If someone goes out and creates ‘The Herk’, it's not very exciting to me. I don't know who that is or how he fits into the story – it diminishes the world in my opinion."

Ehh.. Ya know, I agree with him on that...

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    Originally posted by Vyeth

"If someone goes out and creates ‘The Herk’, it's not very exciting to me. I don't know who that is or how he fits into the story – it diminishes the world in my opinion."

And having 10 SpiderMans, Hulks, Iron Man, Wolverine does not diminish the world?

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense...

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by Yamota

And having 10 SpiderMans, Hulks, Iron Man, Wolverine does not diminish the world?

+1 :)

I prefer Marvel but I have to admit DCUO solved it nicely with Brainiac and Luthor and stuff. It's completely viable just by receive the infos from the game, but with the DCUO Legends it's even more detailed.

With great writers in house I don't think Marvel would've any problem to come up with a great story for an mmo. A real mmo, not MH...

• TalinTalin Member UncommonPosts: 918
    Originally posted by Arcona
    Curse.com is giving away beta keys, go go go!

It is a bit amusing to me that I used to jump all over these types of promos to part help test, and part establish if I intended to buy the game upon release.

With F2P games, I don't want to help test anymore due to too many bad experiences, and can freely evaluate the game upon launch.

• kturockkturock Member Posts: 16
    I posted on the beta website that it was too much like Diablo 2. I got slammed by the rabid fan-trolls. They say it's nothing like it. It playes te same, has the same look, movement and control keys. It's creator is the same guy who made Diablo...go figure. It's Diablo 2.5 with Marvel skins. I've uninstalled the game and don't participate in the beta tests any more. I don't like it for the same resaon I didn't like D2. It's dated and should have been released back then.  If they want to pull my authoriztion to the beta, fine. I would be logging in ever again.
  • Shroom_MageShroom_Mage Member UncommonPosts: 863

If someone goes out and creates ‘The Herk’, it's not very exciting to me. I don't know who that is or how he fits into the story – it diminishes the world in my opinion.

No, it wouldn't be very exciting to you, but it would be pretty exciting to the player who created 'The Herk'. The Marvel universe is absolutely drenched in superheroes. Creating your own character is significantly more immersive than allowing an entire team of the same character.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

• VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461
    Originally posted by Yamota

Thing is, every ARPG does this... Even Diablo 3 is just a bunch of clones running around no real custimzation beyond the armor for appearance and that is how it's going to work their too.. It's a super hero theme yeah? But I don't see why this class image capping is a probelm now.. Torchlight is the only one that gives you options when creating a character and thats an independent fully realized world.

For some reason when ARPG's were born, customizing their appearance wasn't much on the menu.. And still isn't..

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803

The one big thing I want to know since it's being compared to Diablo is, Does it have randomized dungeons that you can replay?

• zellmerzellmer Member UncommonPosts: 442
    It is fun if you can ever find yourself playing it without issue, but it has a long ways to go in so many aspects..

• Emnity33Emnity33 Member Posts: 7

A pve ONLY game in which you cant even create your own character  -_-. No thanks.  I dont understand why they didnt just have diffrent ''archetype'' systems. Like instead of having a guy  forced to be the Hulk, he could create his character within the Hulk ''archetype''. Making it so he has all the skills Hulk would have, but he can customize and create his hero the way he wants.

I think the developers working on this game are oblivious to the MMO market. There isnt much that sets this one apart from other games out now. Aside from the Marvel stuff I dont see much reason to give this one a try...

• sosdavisosdavi Member UncommonPosts: 2
    DC Universe.... EPic better
  • djinniusdjinnius Member UncommonPosts: 7

Tested it... Not for long...

Lets start. You get in, and you can choose between... 6 characters? And basically, its a couple ranged and a couple melees. I went for the Witch (the one I knew the least). And then... omg...

They tried to make a Diablo-like? Well, not everyone can be Blizzard. The graphics are awful (and I'm not difficult when it comes to gfx), the fixed camear is a pain, the cutscenes are an insult (I think even generic Korean f2p titles do better than that, it all looks like "Hey we have 0 budget, lets cover for it by using cartoon style). Gameplay feels horrible. You're a super hero and it feels like you're a basic storm trooper going "pew pew"...

Basically, after 20 minutes of pain, I uninstalled. Granted, I'm not a H&S fan, nor a Marvel fan. Maybe if you are both, you could find an interest in this.