Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] Defiance: All About Blur

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

EGO skills are a Defiance Ark Hunter's survival skills. We've spent the last few weeks detailing several of the EGO skills players will encounter and are wrapping up the series today with information about Blur. Read all about Blur before heading to the comments.

Blur may have only one really active effect that you’ll notice by seeing it in action (your character gets a huge boost to movement speed), but it also does have a seriously beneficial side effect: it does full damage to shields, meaning any mobs that have shields are cut down even faster.  Add in the fact that further skill ranks increase the duration by a ton, and you have a very powerful skill that looks cool to boot.

Read more of Bill Murphy's Defiance: All About Blur.

Defiance’s Blur EGO Skill in action...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    It is not uncommon for me to get an adreniline rush out of classes like this. There is a soothing reaction of satisfaction when I bull rush right into someone and sword lunge or knife or axe them right in thier tracks.
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

are they having a lot of trouble getting people interested?  I just got an Alpha invite

• miles78901miles78901 Member Posts: 8
    Wait...There's swords in this game?
  • RzepRzep Member UncommonPosts: 767
    Originally posted by Myrdynn

are they having a lot of trouble getting people interested?  I just got an Alpha invite

Nah the beta is pretty much open at this point. Theyve been giving out a ton of keys for a long time now. Probably looking to stress test the servers during the last beta weekend prior to release.

• TekaelonTekaelon Member UncommonPosts: 604
    Adding melee to the already fast pace of an FPS should be a nice mix. Most games can't seem to pull it off though. Hope they can!!
  • KrellenKrellen Member Posts: 84
    I suck at shooters, so this is probably what I would try.