Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Daokrim....Scyoac?

I happen to be a fan of skyrim and daoc. Horrors!

Anyway, three way rvr does not make a game less skyrimlike.

The elements of skyrim that I like, are exploration, crafting, and lots of skill/spell/equipment options.

If ESO has that, I will be happy.

When I played daoc I spent more time in pve than rvr, but the three way rvr was something fun to do when I was not crafting or pveing.

Comments

• MyTabbycatMyTabbycat Member UncommonPosts: 316

ESO will have many of the elements that make the Elder Scrolls fun to play.

You can find out more by going here: http://tamrielfoundry.com/development-faq/

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556

Too bad this game has way more in common with WoW than the brilliantly designed DAoC.

Instances, phasing? Solo centric storyline? BS

• sapphensapphen Member UncommonPosts: 911
    Originally posted by MyTabbycat

ESO will have many of the elements that make the Elder Scrolls fun to play.

In your opinion, what are these elements?

• rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973
    Originally posted by DavisFlight

Too bad this game has way more in common with WoW than the brilliantly designed DAoC.

Huh?

Sorry, you don't know what you're talking about.

Originally posted by rygard49

Huh?

The features I mentioned are styled after WoW, as is much of the game. DAoC in its prime never had instancing, or phasing, or quest based leveling, or solo oriented gameplay.

• rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973

Huh?

The features I mentioned are styled after WoW, as is much of the game. DAoC in its prime never had instancing, or phasing, or quest based leveling, or solo oriented gameplay.

Oh cool, you played the game? Because unless you have, your suppositions that it's more WoW than any other game are completely ludicrous. Or do you feel that phases and instances alone are what make a game comparable to another game? Solo oriented game play? Did you know Ultima Online was played primarily as a solo game? Wouldn't it then be logical that, if you're saying the ability to solo is just copying someone else, that UO would be the primary template for that 'feature'?

So yeah, you don't know what you're talking about.

Huh?

Oh cool, you played the game? Because unless you have, your suppositions that it's more WoW than any other game are completely ludicrous.

Except for the fact that they have outright said "Like WoW" in several interviews, many of the features are ripped right out of WoW, it will having phasing and instancing, despite going directly against Matt Frior's stated design philosophy of preferring public dungeons. It's clear that the publishers have this game by the balls, which means, as it has with every high budget MMO in the last 8 years, it'll be more like WoW, than any other game.

• jimdandy26jimdandy26 Member Posts: 527

Except for the fact that they have outright said "Like WoW" in several interviews, many of the features are ripped right out of WoW, it will having phasing and instancing, despite going directly against Matt Frior's stated design philosophy of preferring public dungeons. It's clear that the publishers have this game by the balls, which means, as it has with every high budget MMO in the last 8 years, it'll be more like WoW, than any other game.

OMG its a distant cousin to WoW burn it at the stake!

I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won.

To exercise power costs effort and demands courage. That is why so many fail to assert rights to which they are perfectly entitled - because a right is a kind of power but they are too lazy or too cowardly to exercise it. The virtues which cloak these faults are called patience and forbearance.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

What bothers me, is why you all think Skyrim was the only good Elder Scrolls game, or even the best of the Elder Scroll games?

It only had the best physics and graphics. Thats all. gameplay sucked in Skyrim. Stop hyping that crap!

Elder Scrolls Online will be its own beast. Not Skyrim of Camelot.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

What bothers me, is why you all think Skyrim was the only good Elder Scrolls game, or even the best of the Elder Scroll games?

It only had the best physics and graphics. Thats all. gameplay sucked in Skyrim. Stop hyping that crap!

Morrowind was the best!

Skyrim wasnt bad tho.

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• KaosProphetKaosProphet Member Posts: 379
    Originally posted by Punk999

Morrowind was the best!

Morrowind had the best story and world design, but the combat was terrible.  Tried for the best mix of RNG_RPG and FPS, and instead it got the worst of both.  Oblivion, for all it's other faults, was a vast improvement on that front.  (My own opinion, of course.)

• MaelwyddMaelwydd Member Posts: 1,123
    Morrowind gameplay and design, Skyrim Graphics and combat.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Originally posted by Punk999

Morrowind was the best!

Skyrim wasnt bad tho.

100% agree, Morrowind was the best of the best of TES.

Originally posted by jimdandy26

OMG its a distant cousin to WoW burn it at the stake!

Every single MMO that has allowed itself to be influenced by WoW and big name publishers has been a DISMAL failure.