Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

5 minutes of gameplay

Comments

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

Bland, generic, cartoony.

I'm going to give this one a pass, but I'm sure there will be some people who enjoy the look and feel of this game. I wish them luck...they are going to need it.

Joined - July 2004

• Ubel12Ubel12 Member UncommonPosts: 153
    I know it will be a good game, but I swear it looks just WoW. Are some of the Artists from WoW on the team? Anyway, we will have to see what happens when it comes out. What do you all think?
  • exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    Originally posted by Rthuth434

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0TdsPVLna4

thoughts?

Now western developers are starting to copy WoW too? because it looks exactly alike, just with a different combat system.

Pass.

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    Originally posted by remyburke

Bland, generic, cartoony.

I'm going to give this one a pass, but I'm sure there will be some people who enjoy the look and feel of this game. I wish them luck...they are going to need it.

Uh, I don't think we both watched the same video. . . I'm sick of plastic looking so-called 'realism'. The world just looks alive, and even the character movement has more kick to it than most anything out there these days.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• FilburFilbur Member UncommonPosts: 254
  • BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    Originally posted by exile01

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0TdsPVLna4

thoughts?

Now western developers are starting to copy WoW too? because it looks exactly alike, just with a different combat system.

Pass.

The team consists of the original WoW developers.

Derp.

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Originally posted by Ubel12
    I know it will be a good game, but I swear it looks just WoW. Are some of the Artists from WoW on the team? Anyway, we will have to see what happens when it comes out. What do you all think?

The studio, comprised of 17 former Blizzard employees including lead and senior developers from the World of Warcraft team, is led by industry veterans Kevin Beardslee, Tim Cain and Jeremy Gaffney. Kevin Beardslee, Carbine's vice president of design, was a lead developer on Blizzard Entertainment's World of Warcraft.

http://www.carbinestudios.com/en/news/473/carbine-studios-becomes-latest-member-of-ncsoft-family/

About the video game-play, I like it! I like WildStar! Go WildStar :)

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Actually doesn't look that bad except for the red things marking where the attacks are going to be.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• Chile267Chile267 Member UncommonPosts: 141
    Originally posted by mmprime

30 minutes of gameplay ;)

Wow wants the barrens back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DCqgowlTKo

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by Chile267

Thirded.

Copies WoW's artstyle so much that it could be WoW 2. Lazy.

Graphics are about on par with WoW. Yep, looks like an 8 year old game. I mean, did you take a good look at them ropes on that bridge when it first goes into character perpective? That's pretty disgusting for a game of this day and age. Even WoW's bridge ropes have a higher poly count.

I refuse to play this because it's an absolutie artstyle clone.. and a bad one at that. I may love the game, I'll never know.. maybe they should have come up with some original art instead of just copying someone elses.

Way to cheapen themselves.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    From hence forth, this game shall be known as, WoWStar!
  • tokinitokini Member UncommonPosts: 372

i honestly see this as becoming another RIFT of sorts - not a bad game , does some things a bit differently, but in the end more of the same of what we already have.

• Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588
    This game brings the "WoW clone" term to a new dimension.

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

The Vid looks like Sci-Fi in Nagrand.  I don't find this to be a bad thing if the combat is decent and gameplay is fun.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • tokinitokini Member UncommonPosts: 372
    Originally posted by Vannor
    Originally posted by Chile267

Thirded.

Copies WoW's artstyle so much that it could be WoW 2. Lazy.

Graphics are about on par with WoW. Yep, looks like an 8 year old game. I mean, did you take a good look at them ropes on that bridge when it first goes into character perpective? That's pretty disgusting for a game of this day and age. Even WoW's bridge ropes have higher poly count.

I refuse to play this because it's a absolution artstyle clone.. and a bad one at that. I may love the game, I'll never know.. maybe they should have come up with some original art instead of just copying someone elses.

Way to cheapen themselves.

what struck me was the bone 'rope ladder' - how 'old' it looked, in graphical and build terms - the same bone, same angle, multiple times. i dont mind different art styles, even cartoonish ones. this just looks so dated already... as if its made with the old WoW engine (it looks strikingly like the newer WoW zones).

no, graphics are not everything. but these videos are so bland looking, comapring them to WoW's Barrens is spot on.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

It looks a bit cartoony and cheesey and yes it reminds me of WoW to much. That said, theres a lot I like about the game. 

The big thing thats going to be make or break is if I can deal with the telegraphing mechanics. I won't be able to tell if its more than I want to deal with or not untl I've played it myself. From what I've seen, I really don't like it. I will reserve finally judgement until I've played it myself though. 

• aerinndisaerinndis Member Posts: 67

The style reminds me of Ratchet and Clank.

But I guess WoW invented the cartoony art style along with the MMO.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by aerinndis

lol, well considering many of the developers working on this also worked on WoW previously and not Ratcher and Clank... I think the comparison is a valid one. 

But hey, it was nice of you to drop in and harp on something no one said :) 

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by IceAge
    Originally posted by Ubel12

The studio, comprised of 17 former Blizzard employees including lead and senior developers from the World of Warcraft team, is led by industry veterans Kevin Beardslee, Tim Cain and Jeremy Gaffney. Kevin Beardslee, Carbine's vice president of design, was a lead developer on Blizzard Entertainment's World of Warcraft.

http://www.carbinestudios.com/en/news/473/carbine-studios-becomes-latest-member-of-ncsoft-family/

About the video game-play, I like it! I like WildStar! Go WildStar :)

Aye, it does look a lot like World of Warcraft.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

thoughts?

WoW in space?

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• aerinndisaerinndis Member Posts: 67
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79

lol, well considering many of the developers working on this also worked on WoW previously and not Ratcher and Clank... I think the comparison is a valid one. 

I'm well aware of Carbine being founded by former Blizzard devs. Other posters saying that they "copied WoW's art style"  because of having cartoon style graphics implies to me that said posters think WoW has some sort of monopoly on cartoony graphics or somehow originated them. I simply stated a different cartoon-style game that it reminds me of personally. Every game is compared to WoW, it's annoyingly inescapable. I just get tired of the endless zomg WoW-clone!!! thrown at every MMO in extistence post-WoW.

I also would hardly call 2 sentences "harping" either but nice of you to take the time to reply!

I'm well aware of Carbine being founded by former Blizzard devs. Other posters saying that they "copied WoW's art style"  because of having cartoon style graphics implies to me that said posters think WoW has some sort of monopoly on cartoony graphics or somehow originated them. I simply stated a different cartoon-style game that it reminds me of personally. Every game is compared to WoW, it's annoyingly inescapable. I just get tired of the endless zomg WoW-clone!!! thrown at every MMO in extistence post-WoW.

I also would hardly call 2 sentences "harping" either but nice of you to take the time to reply!

mate,

it's not Tom & Jerry cartoony

it's not Simpsons cartoony

it's not The Little Mermaid cartoony

it's not Southpark cartoony

it's not Anime cartoony

it's 99% WoW cartoony and you don't have to be an art expert to spot that...

The Return of ELITE !

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

You were hating on WoW with no provocation cos you are cold and bitter. Accept what you are and stop trying to argue it.

This has blatently been copied from WoW. You do not make an MMO that looks like this without knowing it looks exactly like WoW. It is 100% intentional.

Not wanting everything compared to WoW is a rediculous thing to say when something looks exactly like it. Stop being anal just for the sake of it.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
    Originally posted by Vannor
    Stop being anal just for the sake of it.

that's rich, gotta make a mental note of this for future use

The Return of ELITE !

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by FromHell

mate,

it's not Tom & Jerry cartoony

it's not Simpsons cartoony

it's not The Little Mermaid cartoony

it's not Southpark cartoony

it's not Anime cartoony

it's 99% WoW cartoony and you don't have to be an art expert to spot that...

And yet you're comparing WoW to literally 5 examples of things that aren't video games. Heck, if you look at some of the early 3d games based on cartoons, the styles aren't that different. I'm sorry, but WoW didn't monopolize cartoonistic art styles in video games. What WoW did is essentially pull a Halo. They successfully drew in an outside market into the MMO-space, and as a result, that new market now assumes that WoW pioneered everything.

- As for Wildstar, this game is literally doing a majority of the things people have criticised the last batch of MMOs for lacking. And yet, it's already being labelled a 'WoW-Clone' and being treated as garbage.

This is why we can't have nice things.