Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IS THERE A GAME LIKE SHADOWBANE?

JozzaJozza Member Posts: 4

Guys i really need to find a game like shadowbane, a game where you create cities, conquer the city, guild wars and so much pvp.

The most important thing is the conquest of the city at shadowbane was called Bane check it on youtube and get an idea.

Build own city, own guild oooh i miss it so much .. Help me to find a game like it pleasee

Comments

• grafhgrafh Member UncommonPosts: 320
    I dont think there will ever be a game like Shadowbane. Best pvp game i have ever played. Best sandbox as well.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Like so many older titles, that was a one of kind idea, unfortunately badly implemented so it gained no  traction in the marketplace.

Would be nice to see something like it again, but not likely.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• JozzaJozza Member Posts: 4
    :( :(image
  • morbuskabismorbuskabis Member Posts: 290

Originally posted by Jozza
    Guys i really need to find a game like shadowbane, a game where you create cities, conquer the city, guild wars and so much pvp.The most important thing is the conquest of the city at shadowbane was called Bane check it on youtube and get an idea.Build own city, own guild oooh i miss it so much .. Help me to find a game like it pleasee

DF:UW gets as close as it gets to SB. If it ever comes out...

image -Massive-Industries- Heavy Duty

Originally posted by morbuskabis

Guys i really need to find a game like shadowbane, a game where you create cities, conquer the city, guild wars and so much pvp.

The most important thing is the conquest of the city at shadowbane was called Bane check it on youtube and get an idea.

Build own city, own guild oooh i miss it so much .. Help me to find a game like it pleasee

sorry what's DF:UW :P

• morbuskabismorbuskabis Member Posts: 290

Originally posted by morbuskabis   Originally posted by Jozza Guys i really need to find a game like shadowbane, a game where you create cities, conquer the city, guild wars and so much pvp.   The most important thing is the conquest of the city at shadowbane was called Bane check it on youtube and get an idea. Build own city, own guild oooh i miss it so much .. Help me to find a game like it pleasee

This http://www.darkfallonline.com/ ;-)

image -Massive-Industries- Heavy Duty

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Originally posted by Jozza Guys i really need to find a game like shadowbane, a game where you create cities, conquer the city, guild wars and so much pvp.   The most important thing is the conquest of the city at shadowbane was called Bane check it on youtube and get an idea. Build own city, own guild oooh i miss it so much .. Help me to find a game like it pleasee

This http://www.darkfallonline.com/ ;-)

Yeah, DarkFall is as close as you are going to get. 

• HolophonistHolophonist Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    Yeah DFUW (like DF1) is basically a mix of UO and Shadowbane. The shadowbane side of it is the large scale pvp which includes city building/sieging and naval warfare. It was supposed to be released last november but instead has been in closed beta (you can get into it by preordering the game) since the beginning of the year. It looks like they're releasing the last class (Primalist) soon and will hopefully release the game shortly after.
  • QuestForTerritoryQuestForTerritory Member Posts: 7

I am currently making a game which is basically Shadowbane 2.

questforterritory.com

With regards to classes and races and skills I am directly ripping from SB. Currently there is Crusader, Assasin, Priest Barbarian, Scout, Elementalist (Channeler), with many SB skills workiing like track, detect hidden, summon, shadowmantle ETC.

City building and resource nodes are very similiar to SB. There will be a bane-like system, currently everything is 24/7 vunerable. Guild system is like SB.

The next update to version 15 will be a major change hence why it is taking longer...its a complete rewrite of the melee/archery combat mechanics and hitboxes to copy mount and blade, also I have given up buying quality art assets, the next release you will run the game from your Skyrim .bsa directory (I don't care how you get it) and it will load the Skyrim art assets.

So Skyrim art, Shadowbane asset/classes, and Mount and Blade combat. Its me making the game I want to play, not a commerical thing, I'm from a third world country and I'm behind seven proxies so I don't really care about IP lawsuits etc.

• banshe13banshe13 Member CommonPosts: 200

Nope no game like it at all and DF is not like SB at all but I tell you this CN have paid for the rights for it and where remaking it last I checked up on it.  They are supposed to be updating it graphic wise and changeing a few things but keeping every thing as close to SB as can be.

There are a few screen shots on the web if you look it up.  As much as we hated CN in game not to mention the CN nut huggers they loved SB as much as us.  So I just hope they get it up and running in a few years so our wars can keep going.

I am going to look up if any new info has come up now.

changyou is the game dev team   title will be        world of shadowbane

If you can get some new information please write to me ..
    Send me a mail too please
    [email protected] thanks
  • brownie33brownie33 Member Posts: 1
    I'm sure everyone knows about this, but in case you do not, go check out the Shadowbane emulator.  The team has it in Closed Beta at the moment, but it's Shadowbane like you all know and love!!!  www.shadowbaneemulator.com