Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

does anyone have anything POSITIVE to say

1235»

Comments

• trash656trash656 Member UncommonPosts: 361
    Originally posted by mcool

The negativity on the forums is staggering.  It seems to me that the posts that gets that get the most responses are the ones where the gaming industry or the players are being criticized. 

think I'am lying, check out the three most popular posts right now.

Identity crisis(325 comments)- somebody saying TESO is jst a reskin of of dark age of camelot

Do i really need be leet(190 comments)- somebody critisizing guild wars role system and then offering a poll,asking which role you prefer

If you dont like the holy trinity,come up with something better (172 comments)-instead of critisizing a game or the industry , the user is crticizing the players. he is saying that players should stop complaning about the holy trinity(dps,tank,healer) if they cant come up with something better

Cheer up guys, the gaming industry isn't that bad. We have seen major improvements over the years. You cant tell me the industry has gone backwards in terms of development, 

guild wars 2, WOW and TERA are much than swg,everquest and ultima online. take off your nostalgia tinted glasses and be happy, we are moving in the right direction but it will take time ;)

Yeah the community here can be pretty pathetic at times. There is nothing wrong with good heated discussion, the problem with This site (Lke many other social Media sites) is it's full of mentally ill Drama Queens and Emotional people who really can't handle it when someone else thinks diffierntly then you do (What you have probably already seen in this topic), these people take posts out of context underlining one part of a sentence because they can't comprehend, or are to lazy to read the entire post, or simply take things too a personal level simply and attack you because someone has a differn't opinion then you do. You will find Most of the Users (like me) who used to use this site don't bother to really post in these forums that much anymore because of this.

You can post topics in this forum about having an opinion on a game with a complete respect for the others who don't agree with you, but then overly emotional people saying your verbally attacking them simply because you have a differn't opinion then them. It's childesh and Immature, and unfortunitly you will be banned for almost anything here as well, even if you are having an intellectual discussion with others.

Cheers,

-Trash

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739
    Originally posted by mcool

MMO'S are getting better, they just cant repoduce the same feeling you got when you played your first mmorpg.. 

Not reproducing the feeling playing a MMO, does not equal you needing to like something that is garbage.

I loved UO/EQ, still found MMOs I loved 10 years after UO....Last 6-8 years has mostly been trash. 

If I was too jaded from my first love, how could I like something 10 years later...It's a nice theory, but no.

Sorry that I like quality crafting/harvesting, non-instanced housing, solid pve/pvp, and even player economies, while I dislike over instancing, something that is too railed/quest hubbed, daily checklists, feeling like I am playing a lobby mmo.

IF you like what I call junk, be happy, and have fun, not sure why you care or are here posting if those games are so great, would think you would be busy playing them...Could it be you are bored of the mighty GW2 and on here looking for a different game to play? 

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    Originally posted by dynamicipftw
    Should we just stay silent despite modern MMOs getting worse every year?

Worse for who? What you like and what the next person likes might not be the same thing. MMO gamers need to understand this.

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Slampig

Worse for who? What you like and what the next person likes might not be the same thing. MMO gamers need to understand this.

And should we stay silent despite modern MMOs getting better every year?

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

You have over 9,600 posts.  We don't have to worry about you being silent.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• lordpenquinlordpenquin Member Posts: 129
    I have something positive to say.  Bacon Jerky is the best invention in modern times.  It's bacon you can eat immediately without the cooking process!
  • Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    I love lamp
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Originally posted by dave6660

Say it with me Narius.... "My name is ________, I am a posting junkie, and that is good. I will never be silent on forums and that's not bad.  There's no one I'd rather be than me"  image  (with apologies  to Wreck it Ralph)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Kyleran

Say it with me Narius.... "My name is ________, I am a posting junkie, and that is good. I will never be silent on forums and that's not bad.  There's no one I'd rather be than me"  image  (with apologies  to Wreck it Ralph)

LOL .. wow .. you have 16k posts .. beat me by a mile.

ANd yeah, i definitely will say that with you ..although i have to bow down to your much much stronger post-fu than me.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Originally posted by Kyleran

LOL .. wow .. you have 16k posts .. beat me by a mile.

ANd yeah, i definitely will say that with you ..although i have to bow down to your much much stronger post-fu than me.

Well hey, I had a year head start.  I can think of one other new poster who will likely eclipse me in a far shorter time if she keeps up her present pace.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    Originally posted by Darth-Batman
    I love lamp

Lamp?  Linux Apache MySQL PHP?

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    I love lamp

Left Arm Man Pump?

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    Originally posted by Psychow
    I love lamp

Left Arm Man Pump?

Lose Another Man Point.

• NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759

I am positive that there is something wrong in modern gaming development. There use to be a desire to excel and strive for more, instead a lot of games are pushed out before they are ready and companies are getting greedy.... really greedy. What use to be a nice perk of being invited into a beta for a game is now auctioned off to the ones that are willing to pay out real money for a small status item.

I am positive that games like GW2, ESO, and possibly Archage may swing the momentum around, but only time will tell. I have not been horribly dissapointed in the games that have come out, but there are more and more of them that show signs of things to come and it does not look good from this gamer's perspective.