Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Finally, Darkfall Unholy Wars goes the right way

-Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298

The grind of clicking your mouse button a million times to raise a skill is now gone.

Public information: 

http://www.darkfallonline.com/news/new-dfuw-system-prowess-point-character-progression

This is a move in the right direction!

What AV has published to the public about the game:

https://cs.darkfallonline.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/List

The few hardcore FPS monkeys hate the changes while everyone else will now have a chance to compete and have fun.  I could see a major increase in players if people can get over what they though was failures in DF1.0's.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

Comments

• SnoepieSnoepie Member UncommonPosts: 485

some people here.. pff..

Do you really think that any vet in 1.0 enjoyed marcoing on mobs?

Do you really think that any vet cares about how they level/skill up ?

some people amaze me with their logic of thinking..

I don't get it tho.. you compain about marcoing and grind.. yet this prowess system requirers the same only its called different..

All your progression goes through prowess..

The whole community of darkfall is currently mad because of the lack of competitive pvp that uw is showing us..

The combat is boring and slow.. 

The community of darkfall went through dust to get rid of the grind in 1.0.. endless posts of skillcaps has been made.. suggestions of endless threads about marcoing on mobs and players has been made over the years.

Instead of giving an opinion about 2 month of experience @ a forum or ingame.. you should look @ the bigger picture

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

Even if  they would have  nailed finally down skill progression after 10 years., they still dont have a working game design.

We need sandbox content.

Economic driven conflict ove territories with real sieges in which walls are real hurdle to take using equipement like balistas and battering rams. With farms and farmers who seed and harvest, mines and miners that cut them through mountains, with houses and sandbox housing, with dynamic pve and wandering mobs terrorize hamlets and citys. With pirates, make out a living on the seas terrorizing ship cargos and caravans and coasts. With crafters that find unique recipes and make unique items.

With trader having to move their goods and the need to hire  mercenaries as guards to fight thieves. With kingdoms defend their borders with imperial guards and their cargo ships with imperial naval  fleet.

This may take em enotther 30 years by their speed to create such a good sandbox game.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

Originally posted by DarthRaiden

Even if  they would have  nailed finally down skill progression after 10 years., they still dont have a working game design.

We need sandbox content.

Economic driven conflict ove territories with real sieges in which walls are real hurdle to take using equipement like balistas and battering rams. With farms and farmers who seed and harvest, mines and miners that cut them through mountains, with houses and sandbox housing, with dynamic pve and wandering mobs terrorize hamlets and citys. With pirates, make out a living on the seas terrorizing ship cargos and caravans and coasts. With crafters that find unique recipes and make unique items.

With trader having to move their goods and the need to hire  mercenaries as guards to fight thieves. With kingdoms defend their borders with imperial guards and their cargo ships with imperial naval  fleet.

This may take em enotther 30 years by their speed to create such a good sandbox game.

your suggestions has been adressed endless amounts of times on the darkfall forums over the years..

They complete went into another direction with this game..

You can not even talk about sandbox anymore.. because its not..

Uw has nothing to do with sandbox.. neither did darkfall 1.0.. altho 1.0 had freedom with building up your char..

The company is destroying itself by making the wrong decisions

There are over 2k signs somewhere on a petition.. about opening 1.0 server.. which basicly tells us that none likes the new game.

I stopped caring tho.. lots of other games coming out soon..

• -Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298
    Originally posted by Snoepie

I don't get it tho.. you compain about marcoing and grind.. yet this prowess system requirers the same only its called different.. 

It's moved from bugging mobs and swining on them all day (or macroing on a player) to AI bot's that will never happen unless DF gets popular.  Having to actually kill someting for EXP, I mean prowess, changes everything.

Of course someone may be able to figure out how to make that unlimited flying Warlock like you could do in Shadowbane by only macroing but I don't think they will add flying or the many other tools needed to do so.  So it will require AI instead of a macro.  

Thus macroing is gone.  Botting will be the next thing.  Will that happen in Darkfall?  Being an FPS game thats in a niche market I don't think so.  Almost impossible to code.

Botting is NOT macroing.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

• CetraCetra Member UncommonPosts: 359

The so called "right way" has already pissed off many old and new players. Not just character progression. Its the whole game and Aventurine poor development and unethical marketing.

DFUW is dead before it has even resurrected. I would advise everyone to stay clear of this game. 

Originally posted by -Zeno-

It's moved from bugging mobs and swining on them all day (or macroing on a player) to AI bot's that will never happen unless DF gets popular.  Having to actually kill someting for EXP, I mean prowess, changes everything.

Of course someone may be able to figure out how to make that unlimited flying Warlock like you could do in Shadowbane by only macroing but I don't think they will add flying or the many other tools needed to do so.  So it will require AI instead of a macro.  

Thus macroing is gone.  Botting will be the next thing.  Will that happen in Darkfall?  Being an FPS game thats in a niche market I don't think so.  Almost impossible to code.

Botting is NOT macroing.

are you to simple in logic thinking?

Let us say.. you dress up your char in a full plate set.. go afk in a mod spawn with your back into a wall or rock.. so the mobs can't hit you in the back.. he bingo.. endless prowess

Nothing has changed.. 1.0 was a skillbased system.. now its a prowess system..

FPS is gone for your info.. AV is focussing on a new community..

Like i said in above post.. you can never adress the problem while people will find there way to exploit it..

Every game has it.. so does darkfall..

• Nekky_FateNekky_Fate Member UncommonPosts: 162
    People will find ways to exploit the shit out of this just like in 1.0.  Nothing has changed. Already uninstalled UW, time to move on.
  • psykobillypsykobilly Member Posts: 338

Let us say.. you dress up your char in a full plate set.. go afk in a mod spawn with your back into a wall or rock.. so the mobs can't hit you in the back.. he bingo.. endless prowess

Like i said in above post.. you can never adress the problem while people will find there way to exploit it..

Wow you are clueless.  You obviously have no understanding of the prowess system at all.  "endless prowess" hahahah.

The new macro-less darkfall is fucking awesome.  PVP hotspots everywhere.

Originally posted by psykobilly

Wow you are clueless.  You obviously have no understanding of the prowess system at all.  "endless prowess" hahahah.

The new macro-less darkfall is fucking awesome.  PVP hotspots everywhere.

lol?

you get prowess for killing a mob. im not sure who is glueless here.. 

The only thing that has changed it that every roll ingame(upcoming rolls) need to prowess.. the grind actually increased because of this system.. 

So if you wanne plat different roles.. you need to grind alot of prowess..

People will go out know yes i agree. but it doesn't fix the marco..

Afk @ a mob spawn for killing mobs with your back against a rock or wall.. = YES endless prowess

• evolpcevolpc Member UncommonPosts: 75
    This prowess system change was only a small drop in the bucket. The game is utter garbage and AV should be ashamed of themselves for misrepresenting the game so blatantly. These guys' work ethic is the worst in the industry so I have given up hope that they will have a working, fun game before launch. The list of features that will not make it for launch is huge, probably a longer list than the features included with launch. The game is already dead, only waiting for it to be stillborn to record the time of death.
    Originally posted by evolpc
    This prowess system change was only a small drop in the bucket. The game is utter garbage and AV should be ashamed of themselves for misrepresenting the game so blatantly. These guys' work ethic is the worst in the industry so I have given up hope that they will have a working, fun game before launch. The list of features that will not make it for launch is huge, probably a longer list than the features included with launch. The game is already dead, only waiting for it to be stillborn to record the time of death.

agree on this..

uw has nothing to do with darkfall..

they  took a last middle finger in air to their already small community

• BlindchanceBlindchance Member UncommonPosts: 1,112

We need sandbox content.

That's less and more what I always hoped for in a good sandbox mixed in with some pve missions around those features. Exactly the same thing I was suggesting ( together wtih some other like mined people ) to AV as a direction in what ? 2009 ?

The problem is Tasos is more interested in making a bad version of Quake with grind then an actual sandbox experience with deep interlinked game systems.

• asdarasdar Member UncommonPosts: 662

Originally posted by DarthRaiden Even if  they would have  nailed finally down skill progression after 10 years., they still dont have a working game design. We need sandbox content. Economic driven conflict ove territories with real sieges in which walls are real hurdle to take using equipement like balistas and battering rams. With farms and farmers who seed and harvest, mines and miners that cut them through mountains, with houses and sandbox housing, with dynamic pve and wandering mobs terrorize hamlets and citys. With pirates, make out a living on the seas terrorizing ship cargos and caravans and coasts. With crafters that find unique recipes and make unique items. With trader having to move their goods and the need to hire  mercenaries as guards to fight thieves. With kingdoms defend their borders with imperial guards and their cargo ships with imperial naval  fleet. This may take em enotther 30 years by their speed to create such a good sandbox game.    
    your suggestions has been adressed endless amounts of times on the darkfall forums over the years..

Uw has nothing to do with sandbox.. neither did darkfall 1.0.. altho 1.0 had freedom with building up your char..

There are over 2k signs somewhere on a petition.. about opening 1.0 server.. which basicly tells us that none likes the new game.

What games are coming out? I don't know of any sandbox'ish, non-instanced, boat riding, aim to shoot games. All I see are more hold your hand theme park games with tab targeting. It sure doesn't sound like AV is getting it right.

I don't trust most posters, but I know some players that I respect that are saying the game is a step backward. I just wish there was something else like DF, but with more content.

If it was me I'd fix the grind issue by giving everyone all skills, max stats right away. I'd do away with the grind. I wouldn't limit things, I'd let you play as you like, but everyone on equal footing right away. PvP done right is a fair fight.

Asdar

• Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686
    Originally posted by asdar

Originally posted by DarthRaiden Even if  they would have  nailed finally down skill progression after 10 years., they still dont have a working game design. We need sandbox content. Economic driven conflict ove territories with real sieges in which walls are real hurdle to take using equipement like balistas and battering rams. With farms and farmers who seed and harvest, mines and miners that cut them through mountains, with houses and sandbox housing, with dynamic pve and wandering mobs terrorize hamlets and citys. With pirates, make out a living on the seas terrorizing ship cargos and caravans and coasts. With crafters that find unique recipes and make unique items. With trader having to move their goods and the need to hire  mercenaries as guards to fight thieves. With kingdoms defend their borders with imperial guards and their cargo ships with imperial naval  fleet. This may take em enotther 30 years by their speed to create such a good sandbox game.    

If it was me I'd fix the grind issue by giving everyone all skills, max stats right away. I'd do away with the grind. I wouldn't limit things, I'd let you play as you like, but everyone on equal footing right away. PvP done right is a fair fight.

That would also kill all skill and stat macroers/exploiters.

Good idea.

• JinxysJinxys Member UncommonPosts: 488

We need sandbox content.

Hmmm I think you just described my dream MMORPG :)

• IkisisIkisis Member UncommonPosts: 443

When you compare Darkfall 1.0 to Darkfall: Unholy Wars Its like Ordering a Big Mac (Darkfall 1.0) but getting a Big Mac with no sauce and just one patty. (Just a little fake meat and some lettuce) 

Period UW is shit and we want Darkfall 1.0 back, Its sickening how bad it is.

• Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527
    Originally posted by Ikisis

When you compare Darkfall 1.0 to Darkfall: Unholy Wars Its like Ordering a Big Mac (Darkfall 1.0) but getting a Big Mac with no sauce and just one patty. (Just a little fake meat and some lettuce) 

Period UW is shit and we want Darkfall 1.0 back, Its sickening how bad it is.

Spot on there....  If I knew what this was going to be I would have kept the old game, lol

• -Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298
    Originally posted by evolpc

agree on this..

uw has nothing to do with darkfall..

they  took a last middle finger in air to their already small community

While opening their arms to the greater community.  You can't just live on wolves alone and wolves are in small numbers.