Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ESO Petition, Make Tamriel Seamless.

1131415161719»

Comments

• Caliburn101Caliburn101 Member Posts: 636
    Originally posted by evilastro
    We should start a petition against silly petitions that will have no impact on the outcome of game development.

I would suggest a petition against the asking for petitions against silly petitions - that will themselves have no overall impact on the thread they are posted on.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Originally posted by Caliburn101
    Originally posted by Drakynn

My whole take on this is this....Idf each individual faction territory is massive with plenty to do in it and explore  as they werre in say DAoC then I don't care about nto being able to enter other faction territories.

However if the territories are small and constrictive with a lack of content then yes i have problem with them splitting up the world.

WARNING - PURE THEORY INCOMING!

With the time they have had and the resources they have used, and the fact they have apparently admitted they didn't have time to put all the features they wanted to in the game...

... how likely is it that approximately HALF of their PvE content is MORE THAN TWICE the size of any number of pre-exisiting MMOs whose content didn't last 3 months...

Logic would suggest 100% of the PvE content would have had lets say, ooh, what.... TWICE the chance to satisfy those looking for 'enough' content with one character?

Or is there something fundamentally wrong with my logic here...?

Conjecture at best but thats all we have. I will say that DAoC had 3 factions locked on their own maps and DAoC had lots of PvE fans who loved it to death. Myself included. Great places to explore, awesome open world dungeons. But there is more to exploring then how big a map is or being able to just go everywhere. I found invisable walls to be a bigger problem. We know ESO has open world dungeons for 5 man and 2 man teams, lots of ruins and caves and the mage story all about exploring. Will it be enough? Will have to play it to know if the explorer in me will be sated.

• MaelwyddMaelwydd Member Posts: 1,123
    Originally posted by Caliburn101

WARNING - PURE THEORY INCOMING!

With the time they have had and the resources they have used, and the fact they have apparently admitted they didn't have time to put all the features they wanted to in the game...

... how likely is it that approximately HALF of their PvE content is MORE THAN TWICE the size of any number of pre-exisiting MMOs whose content didn't last 3 months...

Logic would suggest 100% of the PvE content would have had lets say, ooh, what.... TWICE the chance to satisfy those looking for 'enough' content with one character?

Or is there something fundamentally wrong with my logic here...?

Sorry but you are going to offend a few people who like to post on these boards because your post make TOO much sense!

You should try labelling people hater here and there to really mix it up a little. that way people get sidetracked, miss your point entirely and continue to be oblivious to the points you make.

The obvious truth is that TESO is made using the GOLD STANDARD of PvE so there will be far more content and much more explorable land then in any MMo release so far to date. And yes, this very experienced developement company, who puzzleingly haven't made a game before this, have been able to make much more content in much smaller a timeframe then anyone would think was humanly possible.

Your all haters! Haters I say. Oooh pretty bubbles....

• Caliburn101Caliburn101 Member Posts: 636
    Originally posted by Tuktz

I don't want the enemy realms in my PVE. 

If we could attack eachother, it would ruin the PVE experience  for people that just want to PVE and not get griefed. And don't give me that flagging argument. Really ruins the immersion to have to worry about some arbitrary "flag" as to whether someones attackable or not. Besides, regardless of flags, I don't want to be level 10 questing, and a level 50 enemy is there killing my junk. Theres a lot of ways to grief besides killing me. Plus I wouldn't dare attack him and flag myself. Suicide.

If we couldn't attack eachother, again it would be really lame. You'd be seeing all these enemy faction people running around that you couldn't attack.

So, no. Keep them out of my  realm's pve area.

Game after game have proven that when you're dealing with a LARGE population of players (not a small RVR niche like with CU), people want that choice as to whether to engage in PVP or not. I think having separately designated areas is a great way to handle that. I always thought the "PVP flagging" method was rediculous.

Besides, it will foster realm pride to PVE with my fellow realm mates, and then make the other realms REALLY feel like strange enemies when I see them in RVR. They're from "some other lands".

Besides, I bet Tamriel IS seamless, it's just that the enemy faction has a huge mordor type wall blocking enemy factions from entering their lands. They have guards to keep you out, and kill you on sight! LOL

It will really encourage that cross faction competition. =)

Why will it?

You would have the same contest in Cyrodil if everywhere else was explorable but no-one was PvP flagged.

All you would need to do is program a few insults from enemy faction guards, saying that if it wasn't for the general threat of the anchors, you would not be allowed here.

Then just gate faction specific dungeons and quests against non-faction members and you are done.

EASY!

Originally posted by Tuktz

I don't want the enemy realms in my PVE. 

If we could attack eachother, it would ruin the PVE experience  for people that just want to PVE and not get griefed. And don't give me that flagging argument. Really ruins the immersion to have to worry about some arbitrary "flag" as to whether someones attackable or not. Besides, regardless of flags, I don't want to be level 10 questing, and a level 50 enemy is there killing my junk. Theres a lot of ways to grief besides killing me. Plus I wouldn't dare attack him and flag myself. Suicide.

If we couldn't attack eachother, again it would be really lame. You'd be seeing all these enemy faction people running around that you couldn't attack.

So, no. Keep them out of my  realm's pve area.

Game after game have proven that when you're dealing with a LARGE population of players (not a small RVR niche like with CU), people want that choice as to whether to engage in PVP or not. I think having separately designated areas is a great way to handle that. I always thought the "PVP flagging" method was rediculous.

Besides, it will foster realm pride to PVE with my fellow realm mates, and then make the other realms REALLY feel like strange enemies when I see them in RVR. They're from "some other lands".

Besides, I bet Tamriel IS seamless, it's just that the enemy faction has a huge mordor type wall blocking enemy factions from entering their lands. They have guards to keep you out, and kill you on sight! LOL

It will really encourage that cross faction competition. =)

What if you couldn't attack each other?

What if the game designers come up with some lore reason that said no one outside Cyrodil can fight because the faction leaders have made an agreement to keep the fighting inside Cyrodil?

Thats right, they already HAVE the lore to justify why they have locked regions.

So the game is ALREADY designed to prevent PvP outside Cyrodil, its just that they also stop you exploring too.

So if the game is already designed to prevent PvP outside Cyrodil then just open those boarders up...

I have Orc relatives in Skyrim I want to visit god damn it!!!

How about this for a crazy idea....

PvP only takes place inside Cyrodil....

Outside Cyrodil there in no PvP but there are also no boarders.

So what happens when 2 enemy factions meet outside Cyrodil?

Here is the crazy part.....have ARENA'S dotted about where people CAN engage in PvP. Not for rewards, PvP points or anything else but simply for bragging rights and to proove a point.

The crazy part is, it actually ties in to TES games AND is a solution to a problem. Who would have thunk it...a design ida that retains the original concept of a TES game but also sustains the needs of an MMO.

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by Maelwydd

Here is the crazy part.....have ARENA'S dotted about where people CAN engage in PvP. Not for rewards, PvP points or anything else but simply for bragging rights and to proove a point.

The crazy part is, it actually ties in to TES games AND is a solution to a problem. Who would have thunk it...a design ida that retains the original concept of a TES game but also sustains the needs of an MMO.

I prefer what they are doing actually. Making an MMO and fitting the TES lore around that than the other way around.

I got the single player games for that open ended feel to the TES IP. TBH TES has been getting dumber and dumber with each release. I'm actually glad they are doing TES differently. The single player TES experience has been going downhill. Yes it's still a fun/entertaining console game but nothing more. If it wasn't for the modding community I would of ditched the series after Oblivion.

I'd be more interested in a TES RTS than TES 6.

Originally posted by immodium

I prefer what they are doing actually. Making an MMO and fitting the TES lore around that than the other way around.

I got the single player games for that open ended feel to the TES IP. TBH TES has been getting dumber and dumber with each release. I'm actually glad they are doing TES differently. The single player TES experience has been going downhill. Yes it's still a fun/entertaining console game but nothing more. If it wasn't for the modding community I would of ditched the series after Oblivion.

Kind of re-inforcing the "TESO isn't for TES fans" steriotype by being so negative about the game the MMO is using to make money off of!

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by immodium

Kind of re-inforcing the "TESO isn't for TES fans" steriotype by being so negative about the game the MMO is using to make money off of!

Whats a TES fan? If a TES fan is a console gamer then yes, TESO won't be for you.