Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What stage of development is this game in?

YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

I assume pre-alpha where they have just started to use/learn a new engine but I saw some vid on their homepage, showing an avatar casting some spells on some deers and a giant walking tree. Altough the animations were a bit awkard the world, the little you could see, and the UI seemed pretty fleshed out. The UI for example looked much better than games like MO and DF.

So can someone tell me what stage of development the game is and what the projected date for the closed beta is?

Was that vid from the old (Unity) engine?

Comments

• JamesPJamesP Member UncommonPosts: 595
    All Videos we have released to date was using Unity3D. We are working toward getting our world and assets imported into Hero. We will be releasing plenty of new information once we are a little further into development in a month or so. Our Closed Alpha for those who backed us during our KickStarter Campaign is scheduled for April and then we will schedule our Beta once we see how the Alpha goes.

Company Owner
    MMO Interactive

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    Originally posted by JamesP
    All Videos we have released to date was using Unity3D. We are working toward getting our world and assets imported into Hero. We will be releasing plenty of new information once we are a little further into development in a month or so. Our Closed Alpha for those who backed us during our KickStarter Campaign is scheduled for April and then we will schedule our Beta once we see how the Alpha goes.

Cool thanks. Keeping my eye on this for two reasons. First ofcourse that it is a sandbox but also I am very interested to see how long it takes for a small team to develop an MMORPG using the Hero Engine.

If you manage to stick to your schedule and get a solid MMO out of it, that means that the Hero Engine is indeed a viable tool to get an MMO out in a relatively small time period. I know SW:TOR used it but their team was probably massive, had tons of VO and what not and from what I heard they modified the engine extensively.

Also if you could disclose how many people you have in the team, developing the game, it would add more useful info regarding this.

Originally posted by Yamota

Cool thanks. Keeping my eye on this for two reasons. First ofcourse that it is a sandbox but also I am very interested to see how long it takes for a small team to develop an MMORPG using the Hero Engine.

If you manage to stick to your schedule and get a solid MMO out of it, that means that the Hero Engine is indeed a viable tool to get an MMO out in a relatively small time period. I know SW:TOR used it but their team was probably massive, had tons of VO and what not and from what I heard they modified the engine extensively.

Also if you could disclose how many people you have in the team, developing the game, it would add more useful info regarding this.

We currently have 9 of us in our Skype Development Chat... We also have other Free Lance people who we hire for a specific task and cut them loose once that task is complete. We are also constantly getting Applications from people wanting to join who we have go through a Interview process with Jason and my self and then if we like what we see then we bring them on for a week trial to see how things go. We currently have 2 world Builders who are on their week trial this week and so far they are fitting in nicely.

Company Owner
    MMO Interactive

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

We currently have 9 of us in our Skype Development Chat... We also have other Free Lance people who we hire for a specific task and cut them loose once that task is complete. We are also constantly getting Applications from people wanting to join who we have go through a Interview process with Jason and my self and then if we like what we see then we bring them on for a week trial to see how things go. We currently have 2 world Builders who are on their week trial this week and so far they are fitting in nicely.

Ok thanks for the info, good luck to you guys and looking forward to see some game vids (in Hero) to see how you are progressing.

Ok thanks for the info, good luck to you guys and looking forward to see some game vids (in Hero) to see how you are progressing.

We haven't released any Videos yet however we are hoping by next weekend we will have our custom Avatars into the game and if so we will release a Video next weekend. We did however release our first Official Screenshots today:

Company Owner
    MMO Interactive

• ReliiqueReliique Member Posts: 53

James, we can't see those pictures here, as they are forum attachments :)

lol sorry about that...

Here they are:

Company Owner
    MMO Interactive

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

Looks ok enough to me, although animations will decide a lot. Also, would like to see some shots with bright lighting on (with all the shadows and "blooms").

• boobitsboobits Member Posts: 27
    Oh look it's 1999 again! I loved Asherons Call graphics.......
  • taus01taus01 Member Posts: 1,352
    Originally posted by boobits
    Oh look it's 1999 again! I loved Asherons Call graphics.......

I thought the Hero Engine had an upgrade to shader model 3. I guess this is the plain rendering engine with no fx, shadows, AA, etc.

Can't wait to hear more about this Alpha that is coming in April.

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"