Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[People] on the official forum?

DancingQueenDancingQueen Member Posts: 201

Whats your experiences with the people on the official forum?

I made one newbie question and got mocked and laughed at.

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    People on any forum will mock a newbie question, (or in game as well), just the nature of the MMO playerbase it seems.

Usually on official forums its because the "experts" feel the question is repetitive, or the information can be found in published materials (learn to search you often see)

On a positive note it makes it really easy to get started on setting up your block list so you can focus on the more worthwhile replies and eliminate the jerks.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• BitterClingerBitterClinger Member UncommonPosts: 439
    Some games have a terrible player base. Path of Exile has an entirely toxic player base.
  • StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805
    Why don't you blame Steam?
  • spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782
    Originally posted by DancingQueen

There are Douchebags everywhere my freind. Haven't noticed any stand out bad behavior on P.O.E myself. Not like on Terra for instance which is full of knuckle-dragging racist pedos.  Sorry to here about your experiances.

• sketocafesketocafe Member UncommonPosts: 950
    What was your question? We can either answer it here and agree that those guys were douches or tell you it was worth some mockery.
  • sacredfoolsacredfool Member UncommonPosts: 849
    I haven't had issues with the forum community but PoE is still on my "maybe later" list until they make looting changes.

Originally posted by nethaniah

Seriously Farmville? Yeah I think it's great. In a World where half our population is dying of hunger the more fortunate half is spending their time harvesting food that doesn't exist.

• SanHorSanHor Member UncommonPosts: 336
    Originally posted by sketocafe
    What was your question? We can either answer it here and agree that those guys were douches or tell you it was worth some mockery.

This. Also might wantto consider google search for newbie questions in the future.

• RedrumickeyRedrumickey Member Posts: 13
    Weather its a 15 year old cursing you out or a 35 year old 1,000 word rant on how big of troll you are thats gaming nowdays . But  its fun to read them  in moring with a good cup of coffee to start your day out with a good laugh . 
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

So in other words POE's forums are jsut as bad as these forums.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• DancingQueenDancingQueen Member Posts: 201

I was asking what people thought about the Witch class but only got answers that she is short, eats children and dances with the devil and one guy pointed me towards the skill tree because I was obviously stupid for not checking out every skill available in the game.

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    I blame the moderators.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

I was asking what people thought about the Witch class but only got answers that she is short, eats children and dances with the devil and one guy pointed me towards the skill tree because I was obviously stupid for not checking out every skill available in the game.

You sure you're not just being cynical?

Were they really trying to be mean? It's a very open question.. and you sound like you wanted a Witch guide as a response or something. You ain't gunna get that from forums. You ain't gunna get one for PoE either because unless someone gets a build off the forums.. no two people are playing the same kind of character.

The Witch can kill things with spells. You can make the Witch into a 2H weapon fighter in PoE and act just like a marauder. You can have a Witch that uses a bow and uses all the Shadows magic traps. You can have them in plate armor and still cast all thier usual spells.

It is impossible to answer your question. PoE lets you do what you want.

Now, I'm not being rude.. so don't read it like I am. But you need to take a good look at the passive skill tree so you can understand that with that much customization at your finger tips, only you can decide how good your Witch is going to be. You see.. the 'classes' in PoE are basically just character skins. There are certain advantages and disadvantages due to thier positions on the passive skill tree but ultimately you can make ANY class be ANY class.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Sadly this is how the internet turned out. Far too many people say a lot of things they never would say to anyones face.

I guess it have to do with the fact that noone really know who you are on the net and the fact that the net and games just isnt for gaming geeks anymore.

But you find a lot of toxic comments on any forum, it just aint possibel to moderate out it all.:(

• DancingQueenDancingQueen Member Posts: 201
    Here is the thread that I made asking about the Witch http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/250314/page/1
  • sibs4455sibs4455 Member UncommonPosts: 369

lmao @ she is short / eats children ..... very funny.

Lots of info on PoE forums some good builds for hc too, but check out PoE wiki and exilepro.com too.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

Why do you have to mock it at all?

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Here is the thread that I made asking about the Witch http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/250314/page/1

All i see on that thread is that some people were just joking around in a totally personally unoffensive way.. and you called them stupid.

You're at fault here, not them.

I can not believe you are so self rightous and blind that you can't see that the one with the messed up personality is you.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870

Looking at your post on the POE forums, it looks like you were the only douche by the way you started calling people stupid after 3 replies where even the first one was helpful, though you feel it wasn't.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• ThaliostThaliost Member UncommonPosts: 104

Yeah, it's OP's fault...

On the 5th post he writes: "Doesn't everyone?

More than half the game downloaded and no one has anything intelligent to say?

Didn't really expect stupid people to have computers but well they are cheap these days and even a monkey can use them
    ." (nice one with the monkey...)

The replies were harmless fun and not directed at you personally (except the 1st one a bit but even that one posted a useful link).

Immortals [EU] - Darkfall Clan: http://immortals-online.eu/

Read my "funny" DF1 blog: http://casualdarkfall.blogspot.com

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • sacredfoolsacredfool Member UncommonPosts: 849

If you think that thread is bad then you haven't seen a bad thread, OP

While some of the replies were hardly construstive it did show the commuity in a decent light i must say. You were the first to start flinging the insults about.

Originally posted by nethaniah

Seriously Farmville? Yeah I think it's great. In a World where half our population is dying of hunger the more fortunate half is spending their time harvesting food that doesn't exist.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    Adjusted the thread title just a little. Conversation is okay, just refrain from flaming specific people.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

• ZalgabranthZalgabranth Member UncommonPosts: 14

The people I've met are insanely rude and tend to be more of an "elite" rather than helpful to newcomers.

If you still have questions, you can send me a PM and I'll try my best to help you out. I've been playing PoE for quite a while.

This discussion has been closed.