Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Media] Vindictus: Kai's New Cross Gun

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Nexon has teamed up with MMORPG.com to bring our readers the first ever look at a new weapon for Vindictus's Kai. Kai is usually found with a bow but will soon have the ability to wield a cross gun, a machine gun-like crossbow.

Kai, our favorite arrow slingin’ Mercenary has a shiny new toy- THE CROSS GUN! This baby is packed and loaded to puncture, slice, and shoot anything that stands between you and your complete domination of the formors! 

Check out a bit more information and the accompanying video for Vindictus: Kai's New Cross Gun.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• JaggaSpikesJaggaSpikes Member UncommonPosts: 430
    it's a machinebow!
  • VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793
    Ahh, my guilty pleasure :)

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• AnirethAnireth Member UncommonPosts: 940

Everyone interested in Vindictus should check out the original trailer used for the Korean version:

Still doesn't show much, but way more then what's left in the American trailer. Wonder if they'll make a 20 second version for Europe..

There is more to be found, here are some images:

http://vindictushq.com/archives/5043#more-5043

Or read the developer notes (inofficial translation)

http://vindictushq.com/archives/5009#more-5009

This is probably the original page, unfortunately i can not read Korean:

http://heroes.nexon.com/update/twilight/part_1/update_kay.html

And if you watch Season 2 Episode 2 videos, you'll see real players playing Kai with cross gun (or Vella with Dual Blade), not only staged developer videos.

Vindictus EU might get it in two-three weeks, judging by the last few updates.

I'll wait to the day's end when the moon is high
    And then I'll rise with the tide with a lust for life, I'll
    Amass an army, and we'll harness a horde
    And then we'll limp across the land until we stand at the shore

• Sho0terMcgavinSho0terMcgavin Member UncommonPosts: 301
    If you enjoy this game, you will enjoy Neverwinter.  Imo, Neverwinter is better  Try it out!

• mikunimanmikuniman Member UncommonPosts: 375

Cool, time to fire up Kai and try this out thx. The evie class is still one of the coolest classes I've ever played to date.

Neverwinters decent but Vindictus combat, classes and animations are far superior and the game is a few years old. Gameplay you can't compare Vindictus is a dungeon crawler and also uses non-trinity combat model. Being able to smash the enviorment and use it never gets old, fun game!

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341
    Originally posted by Sho0terMcgavin
    If you enjoy this game, you will enjoy Neverwinter.  Imo, Neverwinter is better  Try it out!

Dare to dream, dude.

Just got back into Vindictus recently, I missed it. Definitely satisfying that action itch I had. Where a comparison to Neverwinter came from, I don't know. They have absolutely nothing in common.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

Same here, another unique thing to this game is that the gear doesn't bind so as you out level it you can sell, share or hand down to alts, don't see that too much in games.
  • jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777
    Still a very fun game despite the lack of any open world.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• KitsunechiiKitsunechii Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by Sho0terMcgavin

Neverwinter is open world, vindictus is instanced... completely different.

also if im not mistaken, Neverwinter is published by Perfect World. I have no problem with F2P, I endorse it, but Perfect world is complete shit <.<

• BalverineBalverine Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Nexon is far, FAR worse than Perfect World though..
  • KrelianKrelian Member UncommonPosts: 385
    Is this ''crossbow'' update also available on the Vindictus EU servers by any chance`?
  • grimfallgrimfall Member UncommonPosts: 1,153
    I keep checking the calendar but it's a couple weeks until April Fool's. isn't it?
  • SinsNotLiesSinsNotLies Member Posts: 11
    Originally posted by Balverine
    Nexon is far, FAR worse than Perfect World though..

I have to disagree with you there mate. I played 3+ games published by Nexon and PWE, and I'm positive that PWE is worse than Nexon. Both their customer support is horrid, but PWE has much more intrusive cash shops (surprisingly) compared to Nexon, and Nexon already has a pretty heavy cash shop.

• HikaruShidouHikaruShidou Member UncommonPosts: 163
    If only this game had dedicated servers and not local hosting crap -_- It could have been great.
    Originally posted by HikaruShidou
    If only this game had dedicated servers and not local hosting crap -_- It could have been great.

I'm with you on that the p2p hosting is the pits..

• AnirethAnireth Member UncommonPosts: 940

The game has dedicates servers - but only for the 24 man raids. And they are crap. Nexon should get better ones/more/whatever to reduce the lag. I prefer playing 8 man battles, the people hosting usually know what they are doing, while Nexon apparently doesn't.

Don't get me wrong, i play Vindictus as much as i can, but the dedicated servers are crap.

@Krelian: The last few updates for Vindictus EU where like 2-3 weeks after Vindictus NA, so i expect the Crossgun update in Vindictus Eu for late March/early April.

I also expect the next real content update around June or Juli, as Korea got it in January. This will bring Season 2, Episode 2, the Twilight Desert, and also the Vella secondary weapon update (dual blades).

I'll wait to the day's end when the moon is high
    And then I'll rise with the tide with a lust for life, I'll
    Amass an army, and we'll harness a horde
    And then we'll limp across the land until we stand at the shore

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

[mod edit]

On topic, that cross gun has a cool factor of 10 out of 10.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • Emnity33Emnity33 Member Posts: 7
     Me and a friend tried this game for the first time yesterday night. It was unbearably laggy... like a 3 second delay for picking up items kind of lag.  We both ended up logging off before finishing the 2nd mission. come to find out later on there was some kind of item give away going on the exact day I try it, so the servers were packed. Not a good intro to the game lol
  • NovusodNovusod Member UncommonPosts: 912
    Originally posted by Emnity33
     Me and a friend tried this game for the first time yesterday night. It was unbearably laggy... like a 3 second delay for picking up items kind of lag.  We both ended up logging off before finishing the 2nd mission. come to find out later on there was some kind of item give away going on the exact day I try it, so the servers were packed. Not a good intro to the game lol

For some reason NEXON likes to try to force people to log in for special rush events. Everyone who was online Saturday at 7pm got free wolf pets. Naturally the servers were swamped and everyone lagged. Most of the time the lag is not bad though and Vindictus is very enjoyable.