Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No PVE in Camelot Unchained?

Hello,
sorry for my english first.

I read the PVE should be excluded.

Do not you just level up to which it makes the kick in the pvp zones? at least on the edge?

I found in DAoC was just leveling the sometimes exception of RVR system is an absolute kick in the RVR zone and constantly shit have you. One or more enemies will attack

I find however that there should be a certain proportion of natural area on PVE RVR, which belongs to it, and are varied.

I have so loved in DAoC, what do you think?

martin greeting from Berlin

Comments

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    Originally posted by mattekstone
    Hello,
    sorry for my english first.

I read the PVE should be excluded.

Do not you just level up to which it makes the kick in the pvp zones? at least on the edge?

I found in DAoC was just leveling the sometimes exception of RVR system is an absolute kick in the RVR zone and constantly shit have you. One or more enemies will attack

I find however that there should be a certain proportion of natural area on PVE RVR, which belongs to it, and are varied.

I have so loved in DAoC, what do you think?

martin greeting from Berlin

I think I understand what you are saying. The design for the game is that you will not level by killing monsters. They haven't explained exactly how it works when you create a new character, but I am assuming it will be like in DAOC if you could create a new character that would instantly be level 50. You would not need to do PvE quests or kill mobs over and over. You would just go RvR. There will probably be monsters to kill, ores to mine, trees to cut down, etc. to farm crafting materials so that could still create the kinds of experiences you are talking about that mix PvE and RvR.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• mattekstonemattekstone Member Posts: 3
    PVE yes as I said maybe I should only be a small proportion of CU but it should give him less than exp RVR but only slightly, I think, a hardcore PVP Fighter or RVR players need a little variety and without mobs it might be boring .. ..
  • RaefarRaefar Member UncommonPosts: 29
    I do believe MJ did say something about a dung like DF in one of his Q&As.
  • KuldebarKuldebar Member UncommonPosts: 67

There will be no PvE, doesn't mean there won't be NPC's or the occasional mob or other environmental creatures, but the game will not reward players for killing mobs by XP or loot.

The leveling system will be via RvR and Crafting and be based on a horizontal structure versus the very common vertical model found in nearly every MMO..

Those who tread with ill intent
    Beneath our sacred firmament,
    Whether of Hammer or of Tree,
    Albion's might shall strike at thee!

• TuktzTuktz Member Posts: 299

There will be NPC controlled monsters and guards, but I'm not really going to call in PVE because the only reason for kililng them is to get to something you need (gathering for crafting, strategic locations, other highly sought stuff).

There will be no XP, money, or loot from them, so it's not really PVE. They will exist though, and  I have a feeling they will be put in specific places sometimes to guard thigns.

MMO history - EVE GW2 SWTOR RIFT WAR COH/V EQ2 WOW DAOC
    Tuktz - http://www.heretic.shivtr.com/

• sweetdigssweetdigs Member Posts: 196

I'm not sure we have enough info yet to really know how much PvE there will be in the game.  We do know that the game is PVP RvR.  And that's the entire focus of the game, not PvE.  So don't expect quest givers handing out lame collect 10 beetle skull quests or asking you to run around the world.  Don't expect to go camp a goblin camp to harvest weapons and armor.

Hopefully there's some PvE for things like capturing resource plots and lots of critters and monsters wandering around that you can fight and engage to make the world feel more alive.  In my ideal world these critters and monsters would drop components and raw resources that could be used to craft stuff.

• mattekstonemattekstone Member Posts: 3
    I'm not talking about WoW quest, and not on how DAoC is now with quests ala collect 10 beetle legs blah blah

I mean PVE in the form of monster kill in classical art, as was initially daoc where we ALL loved the way it WAS.

Do you understand? Pooka, or the cursed forest area but no longer in safety but in RVR
  • TuktzTuktz Member Posts: 299

Originally posted by sweetdigs

I'm not sure we have enough info yet to really know how much PvE there will be in the game.  We do know that the game is PVP RvR.  And that's the entire focus of the game, not PvE.  So don't expect quest givers handing out lame collect 10 beetle skull quests or asking you to run around the world.  Don't expect to go camp a goblin camp to harvest weapons and armor.

Hopefully there's some PvE for things like capturing resource plots and lots of critters and monsters wandering around that you can fight and engage to make the world feel more alive.  In my ideal world these critters and monsters would drop components and raw resources that could be used to craft stuff.

Originally posted by mattekstone
    I'm not talking about WoW quest, and not on how DAoC is now with quests ala collect 10 beetle legs blah blah

I mean PVE in the form of monster kill in classical art, as was initially daoc where we ALL loved the way it WAS.

Do you understand? Pooka, or the cursed forest area but no longer in safety but in RVR

Sweetdigs, I know I read somewhere MJ hinted at maybe killing NPC creatures for skinning, etc... but I don't know if that was a certainty, or just a random undeveloped idea floating in his brain. I am  really curious how the gathering will work in this game though. Purely mining/chopping nodes? or skinning creatures/humanoids? skinning other player controlled characters? I know he said no PVE drops, but maybe for that he just meant gear/loot/money. I somehow doubt you'd have to FARM mobs that drop crafting mats, because that feels a lot like PVE to me LOL. But who knows.

There's a lot of room for strategy/conflict with whatever way they choose to go with gathering for crafting. Will it be in specific places? (mining caves or lumber mills) or random all over the place, do you need people protecting you while doing it? etc...

MMO history - EVE GW2 SWTOR RIFT WAR COH/V EQ2 WOW DAOC
    Tuktz - http://www.heretic.shivtr.com/