Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TSW, is it open world or instance based?

FiveousFiveous Member UncommonPosts: 1
Is this game isntance based or open world? 

Comments

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    It's highly instanced with zones. The zones are very large and interesting though which is nice.
  • sacredfoolsacredfool Member UncommonPosts: 849
    instanced

Originally posted by nethaniah

Seriously Farmville? Yeah I think it's great. In a World where half our population is dying of hunger the more fortunate half is spending their time harvesting food that doesn't exist.

• TorcipTorcip Member UncommonPosts: 669
    Instanced, but it's zones are larger than most  and they are filled with about 100 times more detail than any MMO i've seen.
  • ShadinShadin Member CommonPosts: 294
    Originally posted by colddog04
    It's highly instanced with zones. The zones are very large and interesting though which is nice.

This.

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426

Open world = can go anywhere you want.

Instanced = players are grouped into copies of an area and you can only see the members of your group.

Zoned = there are loading screens between areas.

• DawnDarkDawnDark Member Posts: 21

I think the technology that The Secret World is using should be called auto-sharding.

Because it is Open World game-play seperated in huge zones. And it automatically shards you with a large number of people inside the open world.

What most people call instances also exists in the secret world, certain missions takes you into an instance on your own or with your team. Most content plays in the open world though.

• OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163
    • 8 large zones with loading screens
    • 3 cities with loading screens
    • 1 cross-dimension zone (Agartha)
    • Instanced dungeons, raid
    • Small, instanced mission solo areas (sporadic)
    • Grouping across dimensions (aka "servers")
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by Ortwig
    • 8 large zones with loading screens
    • 3 cities with loading screens
    • 1 cross-dimension zone (Agartha)
    • Instanced dungeons, raid
    • Small, instanced mission solo areas (sporadic)
    • Grouping across dimensions (aka "servers")

Accurate description, and you'd really have to stretch the definition of "open world" pretty far  to consider this title as being one.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon