Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

does anyone have anything POSITIVE to say

Comments

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    I like turtles!
  • FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

OP

I really, really liked your post.

Until you put Gw2, Tera on the same level with Ultima, SWG and Everquest. This is just blasphemy

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    Originally posted by mcool

If you dont like the holy trinity,come up with something better (172 comments)-instead of critisizing a game or the industry , the user is crticizing the players. he is saying that players should stop complaning about the holy trinity(dps,tank,healer) if they cant come up with something better

This post (OP) seems kind of the same as the one above. . complaining about complaining is not positive. . you at least added a don't worry be happy though I guess.  I have actually been reading more positive posts lately and more constructive arguments. . maybe it depends what forum you are in?  

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• mcoolmcool Member UncommonPosts: 122
    Originally posted by jazz.be
    Originally posted by gigat

MMO'S are getting better, they just cant repoduce the same feeling you got when you played your first mmorpg.. 

Philosophically and fundamentally true.  I can't go back to the point in my life when I played my first MMO.  When I lived in my mom's basement, worked part time, and spent all my free time playing MMOs with friends.

Today, I just don't have the time or energy to dedicate 100% to any MMO.

The problem isn't bad games, the problem is the people who play the games and expect more than what they're getting.  And they will never get what they expect.

I think there are many people out there that would love devs to actually do less effort and keep out the portals, instant dungeon popup, stupid dailies etc. All lost efforts that could be put into basic and simple, but much more immersive gameplay.

On a side note, and not at all related to gaming, FC Barcelona won from AC Milan 4-0 and got through to quarter finals of the CL and it was a great match with nice FOOTball. That's great news!

it was a terrible match from both sides to be honest. AC milan were dreadful, they couldnt complete a pass and their defence was questionable. barcelona weren't great either, I expect them to get knocked out after playing dortmund,real madrid or bayern

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    I think you all are very attractive and I would be inclined to do the horizontal mambo with any of you that had a vajay-jay.  :)
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• DancingQueenDancingQueen Member Posts: 201

I think that the negativity thats going on on these forums are just a reflection on whats going on out there in the real world.

These are troubled times and nothing to be happy about.

• patrikd23patrikd23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,155
    I am of positive nature that I mostly just read and laugh and pick up beta keys and also check news. Stopped commenting on the forums and caring more than 1 year ago.
  • UsualSuspectUsualSuspect Member UncommonPosts: 1,243
    Originally posted by colddog04

Except that a game like EQ which he referred to has come out with an incredible amount of content and systems since most people last played it. That's a pretty absurd argument with no basis in logic you are using there.

Remember the original Star Wars movies and how awesome they were? How you could watch them year after year? Then they made Episode 1 - 3 and people weeped in despair. Yeah. That's the new EQ expansions. That's why I won't go back and play it.

• KaosProphetKaosProphet Member Posts: 379

The negativity on the forums is staggering.  It seems to me that the posts that gets that get the most responses are the ones where the gaming industry or the players are being criticized. 

Yes.

And much of that is dialogue between those with negativity to express, and those who feel the negativity is misplaced. 

guild wars 2, WOW and TERA are much than swg,everquest and ultima online. take off your nostalgia tinted glasses and be happy, we are moving in the right direction but it will take time ;)

Subjective opinion is subjective.  Not that I disagree with all of it, just saying tastes will vary and it's not all nostalgia.

• GaoxinGaoxin Member UncommonPosts: 198

Cheer up guys, the gaming industry isn't that bad. We have seen major improvements over the years. 

Ofc it isn't, but you cant expect happy/hype threads to be as long as their opposite. If you whine/flame/criticize you automatically write more to convice the others or just whine as long as it doesn't hurt anymore. :P

On top of that it's a known fact, that most ppl who use gaming fora are NOT the ones who are  busy playing something, because they are  satisfied.

• dadante666dadante666 Member UncommonPosts: 402

the problem is as individual we like and dislike alwais some aspect of a game and try to find wish is the best  but of course as alwais we are never satisfai, and cause we cannot create something we like we alwais gonna find the unperfect thing to judge and make fun of it.

people play wtv u like nothing its dead that why company invest to make $ back and alwais will be.i agree game have change but icant do sht and i really dont care now  cause at the end if u dont like it theres other ho will like it and thos are the one that count at the end. deal whit it

• faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940
    Originally posted by Plastic-Metal

I'll say something positive:

I am positive that Camelot Unchained will be an incredible game.

yeah right, kepe on dreaming , incredible never happen again. it was , it is no more. done . period.

now we just have to suck it up that money and greed has taken over dedication and love in games in general.

• zspawnzspawn Member Posts: 410

I don't post very often here but I read the forums daily for several different games.

I won't even bother reading through all of the pages of this thread but I agree with the OP...

This site & genre is full of negative people...Why ? Because they refuse to accept that the reasons that make them negative.

Some come and bash GW2 for example...IF you play something else you consider superior - WHY do you bother? WHY do you care? GW2 and other games cater to their crowd... It's like complaining about cheese when you're lactose intolerant...You know what? We aren't intolerant and we love our cheese so hands off and stop with your moaning!

Now the new fruit is that Camelot game.. It's gonna be amazing, a revolution blablabla... Tell you what within a week of release (whenever that is) you'll see the "Status of the game?" "Is it dying??" "How's the population?" "The devs really screwed this up" posts in its forums.

I play since 2004ish with EQ2/GW1/WOW etc. etc. and eeeevery major release (or even minor) gets the same cycle of responses.

You people need to accept one thing.. Maybe you grew out of the genre and you fail to accept it. IF no game out there seems good enough maybe you should consider playing some other genre or find another hobby altogether. You're just trying to beat your mood and pleasure into submission with your attitude. You're dead set that you should play an MMO and one that caters to your every need should be created.

I hear all about these "meaningful" stuff a game has to have... Really? Meaningful ? A game just needs to be FUN, EASY TO GET INTO and REWARDING in a video game sense (high score, high rank, better loot, gold). That is it. Some are better than others at this formula, that is all.

I am 1000% positive ANY game in the mmorpg.com list is a good fun game when played with the right perspective, the right group of people and with the correct mindset...

I am semi pissed off because this behavior is oozing out into the games themselves (I tried Rift again after a while and when chatting in general the subject always revolves around WoW...Yay, let's pay for a game and talk for another)

• timtracktimtrack Member UncommonPosts: 541

I'm making a negative post as a reply to a negative post criticizing negative posts.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Originally posted by zspawn

I don't post very often here but I read the forums daily for several different games.

I won't even bother reading through all of the pages of this thread but I agree with the OP...

Some come and bash GW2 for example...IF you play something else you consider superior - WHY do you bother? WHY do you care? GW2 and other games cater to their crowd... It's like complaining about cheese when you're lactose intolerant...You know what? We aren't intolerant and we love our cheese so hands off and stop with your moaning!

No,  think of it more like a religion, (or politics) where people need to convert you to their way of thinking and you'll have a better understanding of what motivates posters.  image 

I play since 2004ish with EQ2/GW1/WOW etc. etc. and eeeevery major release (or even minor) gets the same cycle of responses. 

Ah, so you missed the early games that defined the genre, then you don't know what you missed nor why people feel more modern titles are "different" and not in a way they prefer.

I hear all about these "meaningful" stuff a game has to have... Really? Meaningful ? A game just needs to be FUN, EASY TO GET INTO and REWARDING in a video game sense (high score, high rank, better loot, gold). That is it. Some are better than others at this formula, that is all.

Ah, now here I'll really have to disagree.  While those are elements of a game, those aren't the reasons I play MMORPG's.  Fun is such a subjective term, and what I enjoy is clearly not favored by a majority of the gaming market prefers (or so developers seem to believe).  

Easy to get into? Nonsense, most fun I ever had in a MMORPG was playing EVE and it's anything but easy to get into and no one ever masters all of it.   

Finally, what you think the reward is such as high score, high rank etc are not at all why I play these games, I'm here for the territory, control, defending my home turf, crushing our opponents etc. 

Your game history explains a lot about why you think the way you do though in terms of what MMO goals should be though.  My early titles (and most favored) included Lineage 1/2, DAOC, Shadowbane and eventually some years later EVE.  Really different objectives in these titles compared to most other MMO's so its understandable that you and I find different elements appealing.

At the end of the day, people come to these forums for entertainment, and for some, bashing other games is their preferred playstyle.  You of course have the option to ignore them and continue on your way.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230

I find it funny how the anti-GW2 posters talk more about the game than the rest. They can seemingly always find a way to bring up GW2 and bash it. It would be hilarious if one of them made a "Stop talking about GW2"-thread.

I love irony.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256

Idk what positive to say.

Because developer give me same "book" everytime.

Other too , got tired because they have to read same "book" again and again

MMORPG nowadays like a book , you read them and then find another "book" to read. But all those "book" are same.

They promise new things , but it just same "book" with little change.

MMORPG not a book , it a world. A feeling like you are a child , know nothing and want to start adventure to discover big unknown dangerous world. That's what MMORPG give to you.

But MMORPG nowaday don't give you that adventure , that discover feeling.

You all know the concept , just do quest , lv up , grind gear , raid lastest instance 100 time , earn full gear , and quit , call it end game. WOW , TERA , GW2 , or other instance MMOARPG are same , no matter how you look at it.

We old (readly ?) player want not a book , but a world.

But no one give us , so we lost all positive to say.

Some of us tired of real world , where we have to stay in same place , do same work so we want a idea world .

An idea fantasy "world" that satisfies our ancient adventure sprite, a place we could find some thing new.

But i tired now , no matter how i try , i can't find that "world" . I lost all positive and hope for new MMORPG.

MMORPG only become 3rd generation when they created a world , not a book.

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

It definitely seems like people play MMOs just to complain nowadays.  Maybe they don't even play these games anymore, just that it provides an ample ground just to complain for the sake of complaining since most tend to be so diverse or focus on one crowd so that at least someone feels alienated.

Not sure how mature most of these people are, to be honest.  Some just say a game sucks and give superfluous reasons, thinking we as a whole care and that their opinions matter.  It's especially dumb when a particular game is free as the whole "public service" thing in trying to save people money no longer applies at that point; people will be able to play for themselves and judge.

Might also be the inability (as a whole) to articulate a negative review in a positive light, and for people not to take it personally.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • MadatanMadatan Member UncommonPosts: 182
    Originally posted by asmkm22
    Originally posted by dynamicipftw
    Should we just stay silent despite modern MMOs getting worse every year?

I think we've stopped getting MMO releases entirely now.  The industry has been moving to essentiall create browser games with better graphics, without the browser.  They want fairly shallow gameplay that can appeal to the widest range of consumers, sort of like what Budweiser does.

At least Budweiser still gets you drunk... ;)

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

The negativity on the forums is staggering.  It seems to me that the posts that gets that get the most responses are the ones where the gaming industry or the players are being criticized. 

think I'am lying, check out the three most popular posts right now.

Identity crisis(325 comments)- somebody saying TESO is jst a reskin of of dark age of camelot

Do i really need be leet(190 comments)- somebody critisizing guild wars role system and then offering a poll,asking which role you prefer

If you dont like the holy trinity,come up with something better (172 comments)-instead of critisizing a game or the industry , the user is crticizing the players. he is saying that players should stop complaning about the holy trinity(dps,tank,healer) if they cant come up with something better

Cheer up guys, the gaming industry isn't that bad. We have seen major improvements over the years. You cant tell me the industry has gone backwards in terms of development, 

guild wars 2, WOW and TERA are much than swg,everquest and ultima online. take off your nostalgia tinted glasses and be happy, we are moving in the right direction but it will take time ;)

I have plenty of positives to say and I spend most of my forum time defending my soon to be released MMO's (Neverwinter & Elder Scrolls Online) and my current game of choice (GW2).  Almost every one of my7 posts are talking of the virtues and goodness of one of those three MMO's.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869
    Originally posted by Calerxes
    Yes, I like playing MMO's especially Tera and GW2 at the moment. Is that OK?

no

• zspawnzspawn Member Posts: 410

I agree with what most of the older players like cause partly that's the reason I got into the genre.

I didn't quite find it since I joined around 2004 but I found something I can enjoy myself.

If i stop doing that, I'll move on.

If there was such huge demand for a game like a lot of people want here, they'd make one..

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Cheer up guys, the gaming industry isn't that bad. We have seen major improvements over the years. You cant tell me the industry has gone backwards in terms of development, 

Those games had their good points as well and far from everything have evolved. Most MMOs still use the same basic mechanics as M59 and while that isnt backwards it is not much forward either.

In some ways have MMOs evolved a lot, graphics is a good example. In some other ways they have changed but not much, like that they have moved the grind from XP to gear.

It is true that there is a lot of rose tinted glasses about the older games, that had lot of problems and bad parts as well but most people tend to forget those but the evolution of MMOs is going way to slow.

The problem is that MMO devs tends to just steal the same basic game mechanics as earlier successful games instead of trying something new and in that aspect have new MMOs little on M59, UO, AC and SWG. There are many ways to skin a cat.

There is however something positive to say still: There are a few really inventive games in the work, like WoDO and Class 4 and if any of those becomes a success we might get a huge step in evolution in a very short time.

Some modern games do try different things, like GW2 and TSW but those games are still made by looking on older games and trying to improve stuff from them. The reason I mentioned just WoDO and Class 4 is that they actually do what M59 and UO did in the past: creating totally new mechanics from the start instead of just fixing whats already been done.

You do have right that many people are very negative here and sometimes they are right with that and sometimes not but MMOs have really not changed as much as some people hink even if you level faster in themeparks nowadays.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by zspawn

I agree with what most of the older players like cause partly that's the reason I got into the genre.

I didn't quite find it since I joined around 2004 but I found something I can enjoy myself.

If i stop doing that, I'll move on.

If there was such huge demand for a game like a lot of people want here, they'd make one..

That is really not how things work, companies makes games their investors think will sell, not what players actually want and many players thinks they want something they might not want at all.

Most investors only looks on what have done well in the past (in MMOs case Wow) and fund something similar.

Minecraft is doing really great and yet no company really made anything like that until a guy who was bored made it for fun and already became a millionaire during beta.

There are certainly many other ways of doing great MMOs with huge customer potential, the problem is just figuring out exactly what those ways are and few investors are even interested of trying.

Jeff Strain asked all publishers and investors he could find about funding for "class 4" and everyone asked if he couldnt made something more like Wow instead. Finally he asked Microsoft and the only thing they checked was that he have made 3 of the 20 best selling PC games of all time before coughing up funds, it is rather sad when Microsoft is the only MMO company willing to invest in something different then what everyone else is doing no matter how good the credentials of the dev is.

It is kinda like asking a classic composer if he cant sound more like Lady Gaga.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

drama invites popcorn munching - nothing new there :)