Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a game that's best suited to group of 4

hadriel89hadriel89 Member Posts: 1

Hi all,

As the title states I'm currently in the process of finding a new game for myself and 3 friends.  Some specifics:

-Fairly significant amount of group play (for 4 people); or solo-play that is still groupable

- Would prefer a more difficult game to an easy and boring 'grind', we're all competitive players in other games and just want to do something fun but challenging together

-We only have time to play a couple of hours a week together, so this is really just something for fun on the side that we do every so often.

-We've all played WoW ages ago and really enjoyed the concept of being able to do smaller grouped dungeons (closer to 4p, the better)

-Could care less about graphics, but we all have high-end PCs that can run any game still.

-Small group PvP is preferred, but PvP isn't even a necessity

-Don't care about large group raiding as none of us will have the time to do so

-Preferably no monthly fees since we won't be playing that much to get our monies worth...but for the right game we wouldn't be opposed either.

I know this is an MMO forum, but the game doesn't even specifically have to be an MMO.. I just figured MMOs would be best suited as we want a game where we can slowly progress over time.  RPGs in vein of Diablo are also welcome.

We've all been out of the mmo/rpg scene for quite some time and really are just looking for the most fun and challenging game thats suited to being played with 4 people.  Any suggestions are welcomed, if you can provide some sort of reasoning/support for your recommendation it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

hadriel

Comments

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,534
    Guild Wars 2
  • sixateninesixatenine Member UncommonPosts: 5
    Tera Online !! Once you go TERA you never come back for TAB targing mmo's heuheuh :P
  • xeniarxeniar Member UncommonPosts: 805
    Originally posted by hadriel89

Hi all,

As the title states I'm currently in the process of finding a new game for myself and 3 friends.  Some specifics:

-Fairly significant amount of group play (for 4 people); or solo-play that is still groupable

- Would prefer a more difficult game to an easy and boring 'grind', we're all competitive players in other games and just want to do something fun but challenging together

-We only have time to play a couple of hours a week together, so this is really just something for fun on the side that we do every so often.

-We've all played WoW ages ago and really enjoyed the concept of being able to do smaller grouped dungeons (closer to 4p, the better)

-Could care less about graphics, but we all have high-end PCs that can run any game still.

-Small group PvP is preferred, but PvP isn't even a necessity

-Don't care about large group raiding as none of us will have the time to do so

-Preferably no monthly fees since we won't be playing that much to get our monies worth...but for the right game we wouldn't be opposed either.

I know this is an MMO forum, but the game doesn't even specifically have to be an MMO.. I just figured MMOs would be best suited as we want a game where we can slowly progress over time.  RPGs in vein of Diablo are also welcome.

We've all been out of the mmo/rpg scene for quite some time and really are just looking for the most fun and challenging game thats suited to being played with 4 people.  Any suggestions are welcomed, if you can provide some sort of reasoning/support for your recommendation it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

hadriel

Diablo or any other hack and slash game sounds perfect for you.

MMO's off today (themeparks) are dificult to group in and be chalanging because evrything is solo minded apart from dungeons and stuff, You will basicly zerg trough any content out there.

• Darkane42Darkane42 Member Posts: 26

Well there is always SWTOR.. its max group size is 4.. unless your doing ops.. so everything up to max level 'raiding' is avalable to a group of 4.. and PvP matches if your wanting to do that is 8v8 so you could all use up and get wtuck with 4 others and pvp.. good PvE stories to go though...

If you wanted to you could all roll a differnt 'class' not sub class.. but like Jedi knight Jedi Consulor Smuggler and a Trooper for Rebel side.. and get to go though all the stories at once.. there are a few scene you dont get to see of other classes but its just story stuff that can be relayed..

And it technicly is free to play.. but most people would suggest speneding at least $5 on it to get perfered status but free-to-play

• AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 872
    I would try Vanguard its free and has a ton of small group content.
  • Ex0dUs101Ex0dUs101 Member UncommonPosts: 273
    DDO is perfect for a small group like that
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

DC Universe Online doesn't have a holy trinity. It has a holy quaternary; tank, DPS, heals and controls. Controller feeds stamina to everyone but especially the healer. Healer heals, DPS damages, Tanks taunt. Many of the instances require very good teamwork in order to complete. 

All four of the play styles are very important to a group. A good controller is as important as a good healer, tank, DPS. In DCUO almost everyone you hear looking for group members will be begging for a good Controller.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • yashu616yashu616 Member Posts: 13

Star Wars the Old Republic or Guild Wars 2.

SWTOR is nice and F2P now, you can spend a little here and there if you want to get some cool stuff or unlock things that you might want

Guild wars 2 is very group centric, and completely Buy 2 Play.  Great looks, great combat, not much endgame but plenty of story. Jumping puzzles are fun to, but some you might want to set some time away to do them. I took  3 hours on one. and the holiday ones are even tougher.

If you want to go with SWTOR send me a message on here, I will send you a Friend invite, and one to each of your friends as well.

[img width=601 height=150]http://i.imgur.com/66n4AkB.png[/img]

• TreabhairTreabhair Member UncommonPosts: 20
    I'd wait to see how Neverwinter fares after launch. The current developer content, up to level 20 anyways, was pretty easy for me and a friend who played a cleric during the last beta. However, if foundry content is given the chance to vary in difficulty, you could potentially end up with a game that has unlimited dungeons varying in difficulty from easy to excruciatingly difficult at any level of play.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.