Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Avoid this game!!!!

randmprandmp Member Posts: 54

I was banned from all chat in the game and cummonication in game for sayimng the word fucktard in genreal chat. I opened a ticket to try and get it resolved and got this in reply.

Dear Player ,

By playing the game you have accepted the End Users License Agreement (EULA) and supplementary documents, thus obligating yourself to read, understand and adhere to the World of Tanks Game Rules.
You can find the EULA, Terms of Service, and Game Rules at the following links: 
http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/forum-29/announcement-71-end-user-licence-agreement/
http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/forum-29/announcement-77-world-of-tanks-terms-of-service/
http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/forum-29/announcement-74-world-of-tanks-game-rules/
http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/forum-29/announcement-76-world-of-tanks-forum-rules/

The following is a quote from the game rules:
"2. Prohibitions, restrictions and conditions of use, for all game chats and channels.
You agree not to do any of the following while using the Game or any Wargaming.net game chat or channels.
2.01. Excessive Profanity and Inappropriate language is not welcome. It is suggested to ensure that the censor filter is switched on. The censor filter is not an excuse to break the existing game and chat rules, and excessive profanity will still be moderated.
2.03. Insults, personal attacks, abuse or harassment are not tolerated on any level." 
This translates to all chat rooms, forums, and communication with support staff.

We have determined that your sanction was placed properly.

However based on your chat logs of:

randmp 2013-03-08 23:08:27 (2013-03-08 15:08:27) lol t8 killing a t5 make u feel good fag

Your chat restriction has been increased to a 3-day duration.

We thank you for your feedback, and hope that we have answered your questions. We look forward to seeing you back on the battle field.

Best Regards,
Jeff Lanier

Wargaming America Support

I am a paying player of over 100 us a month, So i will be taking my money elswhere!

Comments

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    We should avoid this game because cussing is not allowed in general chat? Yeah... that would be a reason for me to play the game. I wont for other reasons, but dont see how banning people for using bad language in general chat is bad.
  • randmprandmp Member Posts: 54
    i dont mind the genral chat ban i deserve that, it is the banning of all chat, clan chat, ingame chat and communication, that pissed me off!
  • VarthanderVarthander Member UncommonPosts: 466
    Originally posted by randmp

I was banned from all chat in the game and cummonication in game for sayimng the word fucktard in genreal chat. I opened a ticket to try and get it resolved and got this in reply.

Dear Player ,

By playing the game you have accepted the End Users License Agreement (EULA) and supplementary documents, thus obligating yourself to read, understand and adhere to the World of Tanks Game Rules.
    http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/forum-29/announcement-71-end-user-licence-agreement/
    http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/forum-29/announcement-77-world-of-tanks-terms-of-service/
    http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/forum-29/announcement-74-world-of-tanks-game-rules/
    http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/forum-29/announcement-76-world-of-tanks-forum-rules/

"2. Prohibitions, restrictions and conditions of use, for all game chats and channels.
    You agree not to do any of the following while using the Game or any Wargaming.net game chat or channels.
    2.01. Excessive Profanity and Inappropriate language is not welcome. It is suggested to ensure that the censor filter is switched on. The censor filter is not an excuse to break the existing game and chat rules, and excessive profanity will still be moderated.
    2.03. Insults, personal attacks, abuse or harassment are not tolerated on any level." 
    This translates to all chat rooms, forums, and communication with support staff.

randmp 2013-03-08 23:08:27 (2013-03-08 15:08:27) lol t8 killing a t5 make u feel good fag

We thank you for your feedback, and hope that we have answered your questions. We look forward to seeing you back on the battle field.

Best Regards,
    Jeff Lanier

I am a paying player of over 100 us a month, So i will be taking my money elswhere!

Paying 100 at month doesnt make's you inmune to the EULA, im sure you will find a lot of games out there that will let you use harsh language at the same time you spend money on it.

• ramalhosaramalhosa Member Posts: 15

so you came here complaining you broke the eula by insulting other players...

you said you call someone "fucktard"

you quote a sitation that you call someone "fag"

and came here complain?

So you're bulling players that could be 10yeras old or less something is "malfunction" inside youre head dude, if you think anyone will give you reason in that

Advice:

Use you're 100$ month ingame and go to a shrink, it will be better for you and the online community if you still think you did nothing wrong and was banned incorrectly, no matter how many you spend, i say:

YEY to wargaming.net for for ban ppl like you, because i don't like that ppl like you treat like that my kid or any other kid in the online community.

• randmprandmp Member Posts: 54
    Originally posted by ramalhosa

and came here complain?

So you're bulling players that could be 10yeras old or less something is "malfunction" inside youre head dude, if you think anyone will give you reason in that

Advice:

Use you're 100$ month ingame and go to a shrink, it will be better for you and the online community if you still think you did nothing wrong and was banned incorrectly, no matter how many you spend, i say:

YEY to wargaming.net for for ban ppl like you, because i don't like that ppl like you treat like that my kid or any other kid in the online community.

First The game has a filter on it, so if that is on you will not see and bad words. If someone is letting there 10 year old playa  game and not have the filter on then they are in need of a shrink period.  Me paying the money i pay is not my point on the matter.

What i was trying to point out is that there use of bans for the whole game is unfaiar and uncalled for.

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731

Lol the US side is so tame XD, on the european servers you'll be lucky not to run into 1-2 angry guys every other game... it's particularly amusing if it's 2 angry guys on the same team arguing for opposing strategies =)).

That said: OP quit moaning, you paid 100$, so? I paid 0$ does that make you better than me somehow? If you think it does come over here and say that to my t-34-1 ;).

• sacredfoolsacredfool Member UncommonPosts: 849

I am sorry about no proper feedback but... after reading this thread I can't stop laughing. 

So basically... were being naughty, got a 1 day ban or something.. appealed... they looked through the log... found more namecalling and increased the ban? 

I love you, OP.

Originally posted by nethaniah

Seriously Farmville? Yeah I think it's great. In a World where half our population is dying of hunger the more fortunate half is spending their time harvesting food that doesn't exist.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

and came here complain?

Advice:

First The game has a filter on it, so if that is on you will not see and bad words. If someone is letting there 10 year old playa  game and not have the filter on then they are in need of a shrink period.  Me paying the money i pay is not my point on the matter.

What i was trying to point out is that there use of bans for the whole game is unfaiar and uncalled for.

YOu like PVP?  Well, getting you banned for swearing is the best in game kill someone can do.  That justifies having the filter off.  You getting pissed off here would make the reporter even more happy for certain.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• ramalhosaramalhosa Member Posts: 15

and came here complain?

Advice:

Thats the point of the ban, make abusing ppl pay from repeat the action in cause, so i'm sure you will never do that again afraid of ban in all chat rooms, if not you would be in the clan chat laughting for the "general chat ban", and do it again later on.

And yes my kid play the game without the filter because he use my client that have it disable, like the eula said, just because there is a filter you are punish same way, is not an excuse

And if you still think you aer right on that, you really don't deserve anymore words from us

• sibs4455sibs4455 Member UncommonPosts: 369
    i dont mind the genral chat ban i deserve that, it is the banning of all chat, clan chat, ingame chat and communication, that pissed me off!

You get a ban and still don't learn, you come to these forums and do exactly the same thing by swearing.

• huskie77huskie77 Member Posts: 354

OP, I wish this site would also ban you. The internet is full of people who feel that they can say whatever they want to anyone at any time, with no consequences. Please, I encourage you to make just as frequent use of that language in your daily person to person interactions. I feel confident that this problem will resolve itself.

They enforced their EULA and TOS(which you agreed to) and I feel that they were VERY generous and lenient in their punishment. A 3 day ban seems like they do appreciate your business and would like you to continue to pay AND curb your behavior to meet the generally accepted societal norms.

• BaxslashBaxslash Member UncommonPosts: 237
    when i saw the title to the thread, thought I had missed something major bug that allowed op'd players from exploiting the player base. after reading what OP had written. I feel even more foolish for opening and reading this thread. :(
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    Show some class next time and remember that there may be small children watching.....You can always *%&#^% to show youre cursing or angry and it doesnt offend anyone....World of Tanks is a fine game and they did the right thing.
  • FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

WoT is banning bad mouthed teens?

I need to download this right now and spend some spare cash on their store. Thanks for the tip

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974
  • BoldynBoldyn Member Posts: 265

Only reason I opened this thread is because threads in the line of "Avoid this game/company/beverage" is 99% of the time made up like this, someone who is clearly at fault and totally oblivious as to why.

I wish I was even the slightest interested in this game, because I like how they handle wannabe tourette people....

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Yeah, I can agree that banning clan chat is a bit extreme. If the clan wanted to they could just kick you, no need to ban you from chatting there by the game.

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178
    So wait you got banned and then you send a ticket and found some more stuff and increased the duraction of the ban?
  • DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by Coman
    So wait you got banned and then you send a ticket and found some more stuff and increased the duraction of the ban?

Yup, he slipped darwin's net :P

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

Ohohohoho! Oh snap, you went and made it worse!

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047

Dear Player ,

Best Regards,
    Jeff Lanier

Hopefully wherever you take that 100 us a month bans you too if you use similar language.  Maybe one of the time it will sink in.

• OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756
    We should avoid this game because kids are being spanked for saying things they shouldnt say?  logic
  • RoguewizRoguewiz Member UncommonPosts: 711

Conduct yourself like an adult, get treated like one; conduct yourself like a child, get smacked down with a suspension.

Sounds fair to me!

Raquelis in various games
    Played: Everything
    Playing: Nioh 2, Civ6
    Wants: The World
    Anticipating: Everquest Next Crowfall, Pantheon, Elden Ring

Tank - Healer - Support: The REAL Trinity
  • apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

*scratches head*. My clan chats on team speak. Wargaming can't control that. The Ingame voice chat sucks anyways.  Oh and op speaking on behalf of all us t8 + tankers.  : your damn right and I didn't even break a

sweat

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• NethkharNethkhar Member Posts: 13

Good thing you don't get banned for swearing in forums.

This discussion has been closed.