Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Media] General: Brand New Comic Debuts

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

MMORPG.com is pleased to present a new bi-weekly comic to our readers. Check out the MMORPG.COMIC debut edition. Let us know what you think in the comments.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

There should be a bi-weekly comic about the users of MMORPG.

For instance, there are several users on this website that are either very logical or very aggressive. Perhaps take an interesting thread, choose the few people who had opposing views on that topic, and make a battle comic between these users and their arguments.

Imagine if someone created a thread called, "Anyone who doesn't like perma-death is a carebear." It would be a 30-page beatdown. The comic could depict the guy who started the thread and how he got overrun by an army of trolls.

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by Dauzqul

There should be a bi-weekly comic about the users of MMORPG.

For instance, there are several users on this website that are either very logical or very aggressive. Perhaps take an interesting thread, choose the few people who had opposing views on that topic, and make a battle comic between these users and their arguments.

Imagine if someone created a thread called, "Anyone who doesn't like perma-death is a carebear." It would be a 30-page beatdown. The comic could depict the guy who started the thread and how he got overrun by an army of trolls.

Wow, yeah, celebrating infamy, what could possibly go wrong with that? <--- see what I just did there? Now make a comic about me! <--- Again, see the point there? 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Croatian homeboys ?

• GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894
    Going to make a thread about perma death and care bears! ./scurries away
  • WightyWighty Member UncommonPosts: 699
    This is cringe worthy at best... awful awful debut... just sayin

What are your other Hobbies?

Gaming is Dirt Cheap compared to this...

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230

Will there be cake? ...someone told me there would be cake if I came here, 

So....?

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    Originally posted by Grakulen

rofl

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254
    Originally posted by Grakulen

Will it be in a sandbox or themepark game?

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    Originally posted by redcap036

Will there be cake? ...someone told me there would be cake if I came here, 

So....?

Sorry there.  The cake is a lie.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

Bill Murphy's comments under the comic were intresting to read, but even after reading them I feel I don't understand what was the point of the comic.

There's usually some joke, or some story that the comics tell, but this one seems to have nothing. And it doesn't look like an introduction about characters and topics that will be covered in future comics either.

• barasawabarasawa Member UncommonPosts: 618

I play PnP RPGs. As to the online ones, well, there really isn't any left that I've found, except for two types.

The first is cybersex.  People wasting bandwidth in a game to pretend they are having sex, when there are plenty of chat rooms and the like out there that cater to their, err, obsession. (For instance, IMVU)

The second type, is the Drama lamas. The go all drama, and want to run their very own soap opera instead of being an adventurer. Again, why the heck are they in an adventure game if they want to sit in the tavern and verbally backstab everyone. As a side note, this inevitably devolved into cybersex. I guess this is some sick peoples idea of foreplay.

Worst of all, they tend to do their bandwidth wastage in rather public areas and on general chats instead of private whispers/tells.  For example, in WoW on the alliance side, the first town you do quests from is Goldshire. It's a newbie town, close to Stormwind (capital of the Alliance) and the site of many holiday and fair events.  It's gotten the nickname of 'Whoreshire' due to the large amount of chat based sex that goes on there.

If I wanted drama and backstabbing, I'd either read my own diary or create a rogue character. 

As to sex, you aren't getting it in these games, you should move to IMVU or the like. You still won't be having sex there, but at least you won't be clogging up the game while you're talking about it.

I have to wonder. Do these people go to a theater showing an action flick and waste everyones time by loudly discussing how horrible their significant other is to them and asking people to talk about sex to them?

Yeah, yeah, I have my asbestos longjohns on, so flame away. 

(I'm done with my rant. Try to have fun. And as a side note, there are tools to automatically filter any chuck norris statements in many of the mmos out there.)

Lost my mind, now trying to lose yours...

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    This just needs to get funnier if it's gonna live for long.
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Thanks for the feedback guys,  Blaz and I will keep fine-tuning. I think you'll like the special 2nd issue coming later this week, if you're a fan of GW2.  It's already made some rounds, but we're re-running it here.

What did you think of his art though?

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    Made me laugh, ERP creeps me out.
  • GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894
    It will ne about a sandpark that has ffa pvp, perma death, full player looting and long ass corpse runs.
  • VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by BillMurphy

Thanks for the feedback guys,  Blaz and I will keep fine-tuning. I think you'll like the special 2nd issue coming later this week, if you're a fan of GW2.  It's already made some rounds, but we're re-running it here.

The art is ok. I don't want to sound too down on the guy, I appreciate the effort made in these things and that it's easy to snipe from the safety of the internet, but it just needs a little polish and some killer jokes to get a following.

• WightyWighty Member UncommonPosts: 699
    Originally posted by BillMurphy

For a home made web page the art is fine... For a site like MMORPG.com I would expect the quality of say Penny Arcade

What are your other Hobbies?

Gaming is Dirt Cheap compared to this...

• MaxJacMaxJac Member Posts: 185
    Look at explosm, they have a huge following with a simple artstyle. Remember that aesthetics vs graphics video? That applies here as well, mostly.
  • erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

I been trying to figure out what is giong on.  There have been several mis-steps lately at trying to create new things and add additional things to this site.  Like this new well umm, cartoon.  New writers and all. 

I just sit here and wonder why. I am starting think I am getting to old as I am not getting any of the new stuff. 

• JeardawgJeardawg Member UncommonPosts: 31
    If you all are going to showcase comics why not throw some love  to Woody over at Gucomics.  The guy has been pumping out comics for almost as long as there has been MMOs?
  • reb007reb007 Member UncommonPosts: 613

The artwork doesn't matter, just look at South Park.

I think it looks great though.  The characters are exaggerated and comical, and the colors and shading are excellent.  Perfect for a small comic!

Also was just admiring the armor and the background, really nice
  • MaxJacMaxJac Member Posts: 185
    Originally posted by gigat

The artwork doesn't matter, just look at South Park.

I think it looks great though.  The characters are exaggerated and comical, and the colors and shading are excellent.  Perfect for a small comic!

Also was just admiring the armor and the background, really nice

The look certainly does matter. The style matters, the detail doesn't matter so much. You could have stick figures as long as it meshes well with the comic. You could also have a AAA artist make his most favorite masterpiece yet have it be a turd.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Just to say, for rolplaying you are not going to have a name like Cute elf. :)
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by Scot
    Just to say, for rolplaying you are not going to have a name like Cute elf. :)

Agreed, suggestions for improvement:

1st Strip - Names like Steve and Karen

2nd Strip - Names more fantasy based, like Lord Stephan and Princess Karenea

3rd strip - Names could have been Sexy Stevie and Swee Hips Karrie (and don't leave out the dialogue)

Finally, change the drawings. First one is OK, but in the second both characters could be fist pumping the air or striking some sort of dramatic pose.  In the third they definitely should be piled on top of each other in some sort of weird emote position.

Also, a 4th strip might have includes something poking fun at Elite gamers wih names such as xxxKillsUFastxxx and xxxRapeUrFacexxx talking to each other.  For a graphic they could be stabbing each other.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

I was thinking there would/should be a 4th (or 5th) panel with the 'punchline'.

I always appreciate a good chuckle but this one left me with the 'I'm confused' look.