Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW 5.2 same old Grind ?

west715west715 Member UncommonPosts: 11

Hey

Beside me does it seem like wow is getting old ? I mean you spend all that time getting good Gear I was ilvl 496 then 5.2 comes out and its worthless again ?  Seem like it will never change nore dailys more gring I think I need a new game ?

Just my thoughts

Comments

• moguy2moguy2 Member Posts: 337
    I think that is the jist of any game. 
  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

Originally posted by west715
    Hey

Beside me does it seem like wow is getting old ? I mean you spend all that time getting good Gear I was ilvl 496 then 5.2 comes out and its worthless again ?  Seem like it will never change nore dailys more gring I think I need a new game ?

Just my thoughts

That's the idea of a themepark mmo, grind grind grind, miss 2 months of gametime and you're obsolete and have to powergrind because you fell back in the gear and you perform subpar.

They want your sub money, therefore you have to keep playing, in order to do that they split rewards between different factions/raids so you have to keep grinding and grinding.....then you are 'done'.....voila: new patch hits and you can start all over again. :)

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

Hey

Just my thoughts

Seriously 3 expansions and you're now getting this?

Theres a reason why Horizontal progression will always out weigh vertical progression.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

The idea of Wow between expansions is that they release new gear you have to get a number of times, otherwise many players would stop subbing until next expansion.

Lets face it, the main point in Wow and many other MMOs is getting the best gear and if it was 2 years between the gear updates they would loose many players.

Other games have other carrots, in some games leveling takes forever, in others you build up empires which will fall while you are AFK or something else. And no, not all themeparks are focused on gear, Lineage 2 as example is based on leveling mainly.

Wow will never change its gear focus, I dont think they could even if they wanted to so you have to live with constantly needing better gear if you want to continue playing.

• pinktailzpinktailz Member UncommonPosts: 173
    wow is same, daylies, reputation, raids with oversized mobs
  • LugorsLugors Member UncommonPosts: 184

This is one of the two models for gearing and progression within an MMO.  If you want gear to be meaningless in progression, go play GW2.  There you can do a more extensive grind for gear that is shinier, but no more powerful than the basic crafted sets. 

At this point, you should understand what WoW is, and the fact they never stand still on the gear treadmill.

• brackatchabrackatcha Member Posts: 24

Hey

Just my thoughts

I had a similar experience with 5.2, I had leveled 3 characters to 90 in 5.1 (I was a little late to the expansion party) and was looking forward to 5.2 to be sort of a "new" jumping off point for me as far as chasing end-game. I logged in the evening of launch day...ran one dungeon...and just had this feeling of "I cant do this anymore." This feeling was in stark contrast to the anticipation I had been feeling for the preceeding several weeks. I logged off and havent been back since. My subscription cancels at the end of this cycle.

I believe 5.2 was finally the nail-in-the-coffin for WoW (for me). Damn if I could tell you why...it just happened.

I am now playing TsW and enjoying the game..but will say that the end-game does not look very inviting...there is no dungeon finder and damn if I can see that there is a bridge for the newly minted QL10 to use to cross from elites to NMs. Seems all anybody does is stand in Argatha and LFG chat...for..4k rpds..exp NM 18/18...and so on.....

• KalmarthKalmarth Member Posts: 443

Hey

Just my thoughts

Yep has been from the start.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

As others have mentioned, you are a bit late in this realisation. The same is true of most MMOs aside from GW2 (and any game that is stagnant like Vanguard for instance).

Theres only two real options, either play a game that doesn't focus on vertical progression (or is stagnant content wise)  or switch to another genre.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by evilastro

As others have mentioned, you are a bit late in this realisation. The same is true of most MMOs aside from GW2 (and any game that is stagnant like Vanguard for instance).

Theres only two real options, either play a game that doesn't focus on vertical progression (or is stagnant content wise)  or switch to another genre.

This. I have decided that I can't stand this gear treadmill anymore and I am going back to singleplayer RPGs, action games, FPS, RTS etc. At least those games are fun. Everything I do in an MMO feels like grind...Doesn't matter if I have played the MMO or not before. It's all grind. MMOs may offer you 300+ hours of gameplay but those hours are not nearly as fun as you get from grind-free games like FPS, racers, fighters and RTS.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.