Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Everything is a cakewalk? please show me

Comments

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Originally posted by Aerowyn
    i'm sure some servers have more issue in Orr than others.. my server sanctum of rall is a higher tier server in WvW so naturally I'm going ot assume its more populated overall as well.. but less people in Orr = much more challenge for those who want it...

WvW population != PVE population

TC has the highest PVE population and is a tier 2 or 3 WvW server.

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858

To the OP...when the game director admits that they have nowhere enough hard conent, you know they have nowhere enough hard content...

"In terms of PvE, the goal is far simpler; provide more challenging content for those who want it. “I think for players looking for more difficult content, that’s an area where we don’t have as much as I think that we could, and that’s going to be a focus of 2013; taking some of the optional areas and making those more difficult,”  - Colin Johanson March 7th, 2013

• zastrophzastroph Member Posts: 242

No one ever die in this game since it is so easy.

Is that why there are dead chars every where, look at the mini map!

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

I haven't spent much time in Orr but just recently started exploring around more.  I'd be very interested to see anyone solo one of the Cathedral events(pretty sure this is not possible at all). Obviously the first tricky part would be actually finding one with no one around as in my server there are always people all over Orr. Even in a small group some of these are extremely difficult for open world PVE questing in a MMO imho. I really can't think of many recent MMOs that have had much harder open world PVE than these.. if you only ran these with a huge zerg back near launch try them with a smaller group and see how well you do on some of them.. was having some very frustrating fights tonight and some really challenging fights and this was with 15+ people

not my video but just an example of one of them https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nvr8aayVms0 (obviously this video has a large amount of people running it)

Yeah, just like the dragon events you need some people for them. In fact you wont even complete the preevent by yourself.

I actually tried soloing the pre-events with my theif but it just took too long time and was really hard so I gave up. I can take down a champion even if it takes forever and a single misstake is one too many but these events are just too much.

Orrs problem is not really difficulty but the fact that the undead theme gets a bit old after a while and I wish they had more high level zones beside it and Frostgorge (not counting SC since it really isnt finnished yet).

GW2s open world PvP is generally far too easy, I loved it in beta weekend 1 where actually even starting zones DEs were hard and noobs were lying around dead everywhere *evil grin*. Even Frostgorge could be harder, few events there are challenging but Orr is fine.

GW2s difficulty is nowhere near that of GW1 (particularly at launch, they made it a lot easier as well but not this easy) and most of the PvE content could really need some toughing up, or they could at least have a harder serverset for more expereienced MMO players but the Cathredal is fine (could be a bit more random though).

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

I think it all boils down to death is meningless in GW2.

There are downstate,everyone can rez, respawning,money is not hard to come by these days for repair bills.

I think many who says GW2 is a cakewalk prolly have lost count how many times they have died due to as I sead death is meningless.

If Anet take away downstate and replace it with higher repair bills, XP loss, more severe death penalties I'm sure you WILL notice how often you die and really see that GW2 in many places are not as easy as you thought.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Torgrim

I think it all boils down to death is meningless in GW2.

There are downstate,everyone can rez, respawning,money is not hard to come by these days for repair bills.

I think many who says GW2 is a cakewalk prolly have lost count how many times they have died due to as I sead death is meningless.

If Anet take away downstate and replace it with higher repair bills, XP loss, more severe death penalties I'm sure YOU will notice how often you die and really see that GW2 in many places is not a cakewalk.

Adding EQ styled corpseruns would make the deaths feel a lot harder, but that isnt really the issue.

Most of the dynamic events are easy and I never seen a dragon event fail. That doesnt mean you can solo all events in the game but I think I would enjoy it more if they upped the difficulty.

It was actually intended to be higher but people complained after the first beta weekend so they made it easier. In fact BW2 was even easier than the released game but they increased it a little more again after we made a complain list.

I would not say GW2 is a cakewalk, I die enough and go down in dungeons but open world DEs are too easy and the scaling could be better as well, the more player the easier and the difficulty should really be close to the same. This doesnt go for all DEs but things like taking down the claw of Jormag should be harder, I rarely ever go to down state and few people ever dies in it in what should be the most epic dynamic event in the game.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • WaidenWaiden Member UncommonPosts: 500
    Originally posted by bloodaxes

All this thread will make is showing more how you can't accept any criticism on the game.

Just because 1-2 maps have some hard events doesn't make the game hard.

Agreed.

Guild wars 2 pve is ''for casuals'' a lot more than for ''hc players/elite/veteran mmorpg players''. Yes there are few hard encounters but there are 100x more easy ones. I am not talking just about boss fights, dungs, events but also crafting, etc. Sadly almost every feature in gw 2 is clearly made to be easyly acessible and doable by totally everyone with some small effort. For those who are looking for HC PvE, gw2 is not for them and never will be, leveling a new alts is the biggest pve challange and I can level up 1-80 in 40-45 hours. But do we really play mmorpg to level new class and character every month? I dont

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQourq7M8R0&feature=player_detailpage#t=81s

xD xD xD

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    Originally posted by jtcgs

Please host a video of you playing a bunker elementalist correctly. Until then, you dont know how difficult the game is. 1 single player can hold a group long enough for his team to take an objective elsewhere or stop a place from being taken long enough for people to come help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emZEPRtFdWk

Just look at how long 1 single person can hold up 10+ when they know WTF they are doing...you dont know this, because you just couldnt figure it out. No doubt at all in my mind that you and perhaps even your entire guild couldnt figure out healing and tanking in instances or how to do the larger events in Orr with less than 20 people...

Excuse me? Do you know or have ever played with me in Gw2? Nope so enough with the nonsense. 

And I'll say again just because there are some events (Which are group events duh) that are hard doesn't make the game hard when overall the game is piss easy.

I played with a mesmer and elementalist dual dagger till cap and I can tell you that I didn't have any problem even beating some champions alone if you know what to do and when.

since launch numerous friends and people I know picked up gw2, all coming from gamesl ike Rift, WoW and such.. half of them quit because they found the game too damn "hard" overall compared ot whatever MMO they had been playing.

I am one of those that quit GW2 to go back to my old mmo's. My decision to quit GW2 was definitely not a result of the game being too difficult. And, I would guess that your friends didn't quit due to difficulty either. GW2 is a horribly boring game for a PvE player. As some have stated above, it doesn't take skill to kill mobs. Why would anyone quit due to difficulty when you can spam buttons and kill mobs.

If you like the game, play it instead of spending time defending it. I really liked SWG, but many did not. We cannot convince everyone to enjoy what we enjoy.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by dynamicipftw

@jtcgs. You sound like an angry teenager. Skilled PvPers left GW2 a long time ago. Deal with it.

Skilled PvPers? No, the people that left were the players that need better gear to compete or as an incentive. So in other words, the bads.

Good PvPers are in it for the fight, which is reward enough. What purpose is there for me to jump online and play SF4? None. What do I get from it? A fun fight and some personal experience. GW2 is the same, which annoys people who rely on gear advantage as a crutch or entitlement for hours played.

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858

Please host a video of you playing a bunker elementalist correctly. Until then, you dont know how difficult the game is. 1 single player can hold a group long enough for his team to take an objective elsewhere or stop a place from being taken long enough for people to come help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emZEPRtFdWk

Just look at how long 1 single person can hold up 10+ when they know WTF they are doing...you dont know this, because you just couldnt figure it out. No doubt at all in my mind that you and perhaps even your entire guild couldnt figure out healing and tanking in instances or how to do the larger events in Orr with less than 20 people...

Excuse me? Do you know or have ever played with me in Gw2? Nope so enough with the nonsense. 

And I'll say again just because there are some events (Which are group events duh) that are hard doesn't make the game hard when overall the game is piss easy.

I played with a mesmer and elementalist dual dagger till cap and I can tell you that I didn't have any problem even beating some champions alone if you know what to do and when.

since launch numerous friends and people I know picked up gw2, all coming from gamesl ike Rift, WoW and such.. half of them quit because they found the game too damn "hard" overall compared ot whatever MMO they had been playing.

Again...when the game director admits that they have nowhere enough hard conent, you know they have nowhere enough hard content...

"In terms of PvE, the goal is far simpler; provide more challenging content for those who want it. “I think for players looking for more difficult content, that’s an area where we don’t have as much as I think that we could, and that’s going to be a focus of 2013; taking some of the optional areas and making those more difficult,”  - Colin Johanson March 7th, 2013

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777
    Originally posted by evilastro
    Originally posted by dynamicipftw

@jtcgs. You sound like an angry teenager. Skilled PvPers left GW2 a long time ago. Deal with it.

Skilled PvPers? No, the people that left were the players that need better gear to compete or as an incentive. So in other words, the bads.

Good PvPers are in it for the fight, which is reward enough. What purpose is there for me to jump online and play SF4? None. What do I get from it? A fun fight and some personal experience. GW2 is the same, which annoys people who rely on gear advantage as a crutch or entitlement for hours played.

Its ok, he proved he wasnt going to accept any evidence of his lack of skill or knowledge of the game just like the other one when he said 1 person stopping 10 people form moving on for 8 minutes was pointless and gained nothing.

Some people require a carrot on a stick or a developer holding their hand to give them a reason to fight.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

since launch numerous friends and people I know picked up gw2, all coming from gamesl ike Rift, WoW and such.. half of them quit because they found the game too damn "hard" overall compared ot whatever MMO they had been playing. Most of it is they just didn't want to take the time to figure out combat, learn how to dodge ect.. but still find overall this game a decent bit harder than most other recently released MMOs and you can see the constant whining on the forums about difficulty as well.. if yuo played from the first bwe you would know the game was even harder but it was changed because enough whiners on the forums complained about how hard it was... again not saying the game is hard overall just stating in comparison to other recent themepark MMOs it is a decent challenge imho in many aspects including dungeons, meta events, juming puzzles, some champion events but i still see the constant "game is brain dead easy" or "all content in this game could be beaten by auto attacking" or "nothin in this game provised any challenge at all" ect ect

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Okey that is your and your friends oppinion. I am cool with that xD Atleast I can be sure I will never meet them guys in ARR, ArchAge, blade and soul.. etc mmorpgs :)

Just be done with this thread already  ...

We all know that GW2 has the hardest and most challenging pve mmorpg from all mmorpgs and thats it. And also guild wars 2 doesnt need carrot on the stick, game is ''fun'' so why would you need any good rewards!!!???? ^^ joke

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by doodphace

Originally posted by jtcgs  Please host a video of you playing a bunker elementalist correctly. Until then, you dont know how difficult the game is. 1 single player can hold a group long enough for his team to take an objective elsewhere or stop a place from being taken long enough for people to come help. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emZEPRtFdWk Just look at how long 1 single person can hold up 10+ when they know WTF they are doing...you dont know this, because you just couldnt figure it out. No doubt at all in my mind that you and perhaps even your entire guild couldnt figure out healing and tanking in instances or how to do the larger events in Orr with less than 20 people...

Again...when the game director admits that they have nowhere enough hard conent, you know they have nowhere enough hard content...

and again nowhere did I say all or even the majority of gw2 content is hard at all..my comments were about the constant everything is a cake walk comments.. Sure more challenging content is welcomed and coming I was just pointing out there is still a decent amount of challenging content for those that want it

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by Dogblaster

since launch numerous friends and people I know picked up gw2, all coming from gamesl ike Rift, WoW and such.. half of them quit because they found the game too damn "hard" overall compared ot whatever MMO they had been playing. Most of it is they just didn't want to take the time to figure out combat, learn how to dodge ect.. but still find overall this game a decent bit harder than most other recently released MMOs and you can see the constant whining on the forums about difficulty as well.. if yuo played from the first bwe you would know the game was even harder but it was changed because enough whiners on the forums complained about how hard it was... again not saying the game is hard overall just stating in comparison to other recent themepark MMOs it is a decent challenge imho in many aspects including dungeons, meta events, juming puzzles, some champion events but i still see the constant "game is brain dead easy" or "all content in this game could be beaten by auto attacking" or "nothin in this game provised any challenge at all" ect ect

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

really?

Okey that is your and your friends oppinion. I am cool with that xD Atleast I can be sure I will never meet you guys in ARR, ArchAge, blade and soul.. etc.

Just be done with this thread already :D ... We all know that GW2 has the hardest and most challenging pve mmorpg from all mmorpgs and thats it. And also guild wars 2 doesnt need carrot on the stick, game is ''fun'' so why would you need any good rewards!!!???? ^^

My friends are playing GW2 and will continue to do so...and we WILL be seeing you in ArchAge and stomp you into the ground there as well.

I really love you guys that deal in all inclusive arguments as if everything is black and white.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

My friends are playing GW2 and will continue to do so...and we WILL be seeing you in ArchAge and stomp you into the ground there as well.

I really love you guys that deal in all inclusive arguments as if everything is black and white.

You wish :-*

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    I'd also be curious to see these players show some footage of them destroying in wvw like in the shatter cat videos or the one posted in this thread.. I have seen some incredibly skilled players pull off some amazing things in wvw and in tournament play in PvP... Can't see how anyone could say skill isn't rewarded in PvP unless all they are looking for is a cookie after they win.. I will say more incentives overall in PvP would be nice and get more people to keep playing it but more incentives doesn't change the skill factor

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    PvE in the open world is mindless and simple. Dungeons are a fuckshow of chaos. There's a major disconnect between the two things that should have logical progression.

Joined - July 2004

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Originally posted by remyburke
    PvE in the open world is mindless and simple. Dungeons are a fuckshow of chaos. There's a major disconnect between the two things that should have logical progression.

Why...

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Originally posted by RizelStar

Why...

Because they removed the one thing that gives structure to dungeons: the trinity. The game's only mistake IMO.

Joined - July 2004

• fat_taddlerfat_taddler Member Posts: 286

[mod edit]

Unfortunately,  a lot of other players were pushing through this content months ago and have since grown bored of the game.  Yet, some of the GW2 fans on this site can't seem to fathom the fact that a lot of us aren't engaged by the simplistic design choices and repetitive, unrewarding gameplay that GW2 offers at level cap.

I also enjoy the generalizations that if you strive for better gear or rewards in a game, you must be some sort of mindless, unskilled player that only knows how to follow the perverbial carrot.   I almost exclusively PvP in MMO's and love the competition but I also like being rewarded with gear for the time and effort I put into the game. 

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Originally posted by RizelStar

Why...

Because they removed the one thing that gives structure to dungeons: the trinity. The game's only mistake IMO.

...image

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    From what I remember, mobs in GW2 hit a lil harder than other games. The thing is, I rarley soloed. I was always in a DE. Back then DEs always had a lot of people around, which took a lot away from the challenge. 
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
    Originally posted by fat_taddler

Unfortunately,  a lot of other players were pushing through this content months ago and have since grown bored of the game.  Yet, some of the GW2 fans on this site can't seem to fathom the fact that a lot of us aren't engaged by the simplistic design choices and repetitive, unrewarding gameplay that GW2 offers at level cap.

I also enjoy the generalizations that if you strive for better gear or rewards in a game, you must be some sort of mindless, unskilled player that only knows how to follow the perverbial carrot.   I almost exclusively PvP in MMO's and love the competition but I also like being rewarded with gear for the time and effort I put into the game. 

Yet a ton of people are still playing are engaged by tring to top 100 FotM and WvW is still jumping with a ton of people who are even more excited about the new PvP content thats making it that much better...not to mention the FACT that the game has already recieved an expac worth of updates already.

As for your ending generalization...flip it. The generalization that if you have no better gear or rewards to strive for, it means there is no reason to do it at all and anyone that does, has no skill or is casual.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

A.K.A: I nor the people I played with knew WTF we were doing and tried to faceroll like we did in other games.

People generally only take the time to learn the systems they enjoy playing within when it comes to gaming.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson