Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] Guild Wars 2: March Madness

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

ArenaNet has been spending a lot of time revealing the "living story" to Guild Wars 2 players and March is shaping up nicely as well. In our latest Guild Wars 2 column, we take a look at what March promises. Check it out before heading to the comments.

I’m really getting into this Living Story. Maybe it’s the idea of a story that constantly evolves, like a good D&D game. The announcement of The Razing has me really pumped. The Gathering Storm chapter of the story threw more fights at players, and it seems like things are going to pick up even more with the March installment. The attacks from the Dredge and the Flame Legion are getting more aggressive. Two new heroes are stepping up to the threat. A Norn named Graham, and a Charr named Rox will assist players as they launch a counterattack against the threatening alliance.

Read more of David North's Guild Wars 2: March Madness.

Don’t make the Charr angry. You wouldn’t like them when they’re angry.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    This update is going to be sweet!

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    The problem I have with WvW, is I find it might actually become something worth playing down the road. Unfortuantely for GW2, IMO other games will have better RvR, so I won t even bother with it, when or if that time comes. As it stands now, what they re adding should have been there at release. Of course this is my opinion.
    Originally posted by Soki123
    The problem I have with WvW, is I find it might actually become something worth playing down the road. Unfortuantely for GW2, IMO other games will have better RvR, so I won t even bother with it, when or if that time comes. As it stands now, what they re adding should have been there at release. Of course this is my opinion.

I will also stop playing GW2 when the perfect game in my mind comes down the road.....

Folks always get worked up about "what could be" and are always dissapointed. I am expecting to see a HUGE backslash over CU when folks don't get what they expect. If you like something now, even though it might not be perfect, don't stop playing it for what could come later down the road. You might just be dissapointed.

Originally posted by Kuppa

I will also stop playing GW2 when the perfect game in my mind comes down the road.....

Folks always get worked up about "what could be" and are always dissapointed. I am expecting to see a HUGE backslash over CU when folks don't get what they expect. If you like something now, even though it might not be perfect, don't stop playing it for what could come later down the road. You might just be dissapointed.

I agree, but that would require me to like it now. Who knows whats going to come, but I still play DAOC now, and will for a long time, unless one of the few I m looking at are better in that aspect. GW2 isn t one of them IMO.

I agree, but that would require me to like it now. Who knows whats going to come, but I still play DAOC now, and will for a long time, unless one of the few I m looking at are better in that aspect. GW2 isn t one of them IMO.

Damn! you still play DAOC. That's actually pretty sweet. Im not sure if GW2 is for you, but you should at least give it a try or wait for that "perfect game". Might be a long wait though! image

Damn! you still play DAOC. That's actually pretty sweet. Im not sure if GW2 is for you, but you should at least give it a try or wait for that "perfect game". Might be a long wait though! image

Ya, my wife and I have had a sub to DAOC for 8 years total, and have had it for the last 4 years, still going. We have a good guild we run with , and basically play it on the weekends, EQ2 the rest of the time.

• SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743
    They should just announce GW3 or at least an expansion to GW2, so bored with GW2 and haven't played it 3 months now.

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    [mod edit]

[mod edit]

on topic looking forward to the WvW updates, really hope they are worth the wait:)!!!

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• ReskaillevReskaillev Member CommonPosts: 157

You don't hear me whining bout free monthly updates :D

Hope this patch will be a bit bigger storywise cause the first two parts were okay, but could have been a lot more beefer!

"Isn't a raid plundering villages in WoW or something like that?" - Robert Desable

• redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722
    I wish they had a WvW ranking system at launch.  I have no idea how they overlooked something like that when WvW was such a large part of the game.  Just a let down i guess.  The entire WvW zone was really just a glorified, persistent battleground. 
  • vahmosevahmose Member Posts: 8
    tired of the hate on GW2, its done a fantastic job. check out the sales data. its still on the rise.  thanks for this great game Anet
  • illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614
    and just a few days after the March 26 update (my bday's on 03/26 sweet!) is GW2 first-ever April Fools day! ANET is infamous with playing pranks on players on this single day. Cant wait what they have in store! 

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

I have greatest lag at WvW, so can't really do it. Each time I've managed to get into combat, I just got DC and got dropped out of area, most of the time I was dead on next log in.

So I guess it would not be for me...

Best I can remember about GW2 was Mad King event with random portals from mad realm and accsess to King dungeon after we killed popping mobs, it was really Dynamic and fun, but it was only one time and short event.

Good luck to all who can have fun with WvW!

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• goemoegoemoe Member UncommonPosts: 272

I can't see, why this living story is such a big deal for ArenaNet, it isn't. It is some nice and very little addition to the game. Nothing anyone should be very proud of. It even lacks both parts of its name. The is not much of 'living' and certainly even less of a story.

It doesn't hurt the good game it is, but ArenaNet should not always use big words to announce their stuff. Show us, not tell us ;)

The WvW is fun as it is, only some tech issues have to be sorted out. I am sure they will and look forward to the patch for this one :)

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

The obsession of ever stronger characters...

What about the obsession of becoming a more skillful player?

Guess that is a bit more demanding than just grind power...

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    I hope this will bring something new and cool, pve and pvp suck atm (