Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Interview] Asheron's Call: Wayback Wednesday Parties Like it’s 1999

2»

Comments

• GiddianGiddian Member UncommonPosts: 418

One of the Best MMO's Made. If they updated it. I would go Back to it

• tribulationsainttribulationsaint Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by jtcgs
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

Great game, never understood why Turbine did not update the game.  I would go back in a heartbeat.

Microsoft. By the time Turbine bought full rights back from them it was already too late. The did at least release one expac and updated the graphics a little.

I just wish they would make Asherons Call 3 and make it more like the original with modern graphics...

• GameFisKerGameFisKer Member UncommonPosts: 1
    AC was my first MMO as well. Played from beta and was even an Advocate (in-game helper) who lived by the spire in Nanto. Ahhhh...the memories....one of the best social environments in a game.  I think many of us old-timers talk about it in the past-tense because we were lured away by other MMO's and the game has become so dated. Remember learning the proper taper rotation for spells which would differ between players? Today's short-attention-span-player would be crying foul and whining on the forums that "it's too hard, just tell me how to do it!"
  • Cuppett5Cuppett5 Member UncommonPosts: 156
    Hands down the best MMO ever created. I've played several MMO's after this and they just can't compare. If they would make new servers or go free to play it might be able to get a bigger population. It's not worth playing anymore because of the population, its a dead game but truly the best MMO for any die hard MMO player.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    glad to see that AC is still around, even with the dated graphics it is probably better than quite a few more modern MMO's, though i have to say, AC2 it failed for a reason, that was one horribad game, can't understand why anyone would bother trying to resurrect it tbh, some things are better left dead.  image
  • SwankdSwankd Member UncommonPosts: 243

Would this be worth paying 9.99 and getting back into it?

I never really put in a whole lot of hours with this, but I'm always up for reliving the old greats

• WellzyCWellzyC Member UncommonPosts: 599

Really hard to get back into these days. Mostly bots, Not alot of direction when it comes to what has been added, players are not very social anymore becuase they are all tight knit groups.

Great game, just past its prime.

The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.

The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, solo Questing, Cut-Scenes...

www.CeaselessGuild.com

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    AC was one of those games that I always had on my "someday" list but I have always waited for it to go f2p....The graphics are just too horrific to even consider paying for and that is saying alot from someone who has played EQ and AO for years.......
  • ElapsedElapsed Member UncommonPosts: 2,329
    This game is a mess now IMO. Too many different developers have had their hands on it and the monthly updates have created too much pressure for change. It's become overly complex and most of the original charm is gone.
  • FootsoreFootsore Member UncommonPosts: 5
    I worked at Microsoft in the 90's, and still have the very first pre pre pre beta version of AC on a CD. We would all play on the microsoft intranet at our desks. But then Everquest came out and most gamers switched to that. It was lightyears ahead of AC.
  • C3llTherapyC3llTherapy Member Posts: 15
    Still to date the best MMORPG, PVP (Darktide), and overall video game I have ever played. I played it from 1999-2005. I wish they would make an AC3 and mirror it after AC1. I played AC2 until they yanked the cord, but AC1 lore and all is an amazing game.