Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Open World PvP

Scooch25Scooch25 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 105

I'm still on a hunt for a new home. WoW just hasn't been cutting it since WotLK. So I'll ask this question again since new games have come out.

I like world PvP with minimal instancing. I'll just leave it at that since I know games of this sort are scarce these days so I'm not gonna put any more filters in there.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245
    Darkfall open world PvP!
  • DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by GroovyFlower
    Darkfall open world PvP!

Not really.

@OP: Try EVE Online or Regnum.

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,071
    Vendetta Online

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• Scooch25Scooch25 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 105

Originally posted by Dihoru

Darkfall open world PvP!

Not really.

What's wrong with Darkfall? That's definately a game I've got on my watching list with DF:UW

Could you explain a little about Regnum? I've seen this game pop up in a few places (even on steam), but there's not much info about it.

• Abuz0rAbuz0r Member UncommonPosts: 550

I downloaded regnum and it seems really cool.  I like more diversity though, when I get bored of one activity, I like for there to be more fall-back activities than it offers.

DF-UW seems like a good concept.  I haven't managed to grasp what it is that makes it's fan base so unstable, maybe someday it will come to me in a revalation.  You can sign up for it's closed beta by doing a pre-purchase.

The best open world pvp I've ever had in any game was called Helbreath, it was like a MMORPG version of Diablo 2.  It's not worth wasting your time on now though as it's old and retiring and boring as there's no other noobs to play with and the people who still play are the ultramax gods that 1 shot u and laugh about it.  ( I'm one of those ppl on that game and believe me I will xD)

I'm with you in this search though, I love open world pvp and sneaking up on people.  New games seem to encourage safer gameplay without those thrilling moments of killing or being killed :(

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Mortal Online is also an open-world MMO with free-for-all PvP.  It's not perfect, but it's a very immersive sandbox game.

It's currently free to play, though of you get into it, a sub lets you progress farther.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• benseinebenseine Member UncommonPosts: 293
    If you look for ffa pvp in open world with minimal instancing then you should really try out DF:UW when it comes out. Playing the beta atm and looking forward to launch. That's all I can say about it ;)
  • Sal1Sal1 Member UncommonPosts: 430
    Age of  Wushu is an open world PVP game. Check out the articles about the game here at this website if you are interested in it. 
  • birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    TERA has world PvP.
  • Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780
    Originally posted by Dihoru
    Darkfall open world PvP!

Not really.

explain not really, last time I checked it al open world....

• TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    I agree with you I miss the WotLK days of WoW. I believe there is no real open world PvP game out now, at least not a good working one.

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• BobRossBobRoss Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 213

Go pick up any Chinese or Korean game. There are Tons and Tons of World PvP game out there. Now, if you want a quality game,  good luck. PvP and quality games dont come hand in hand. Thats why you made a post Looking for a game.

I'm cetain Ill get feedback from this. LOL

• Grado123Grado123 Member Posts: 4
    I am also looking for this type of game.  Original Lineage 2 in prelude and C1 was its best time.  Wish it would of stayed like that.  Any suggestions to a game like taht would be appreciated
  • A1D3NA1D3N Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Originally posted by Grado123
    I am also looking for this type of game.  Original Lineage 2 in prelude and C1 was its best time.  Wish it would of stayed like that.  Any suggestions to a game like taht would be appreciated

yes L2 was the best back in the day, im still looking for pvp game, been playing HoN but it just ends in people arguging and flaming eachother lol

Currently Playing:
    ...... :(

• JimmyYOJimmyYO Member UncommonPosts: 519
    We're in an MMO drought, it's the only reason anyone is still playing WoW. My advice is to find a new hobby or move over to consoles because literally every MMO is borderline trash right now. You won't find that fix anywhere I'm afraid.
  • Grado123Grado123 Member Posts: 4
    I dont know why companies are just putting out trash MMOs.  Im playing league of legends until I find good pvp game.  Looking forward to this L2nostalgia serveer (private server) going live soon (a C5 server).  Aiden did you play l2 on Devianne?

oh right, think i will do the same and play l2 servers tbh,

i was a bartz player

Currently Playing:

ive been playing ages of wushu all day today, and i cant seem to turn if off, looks like i may of found a game i like

got alot of things on it do to, it is complicated at start with so much, but after 7hours on so far, think im getting the hang of it,

open world pvp, and all that :)

Currently Playing: