Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Overall Score

Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405

There already is thread about this but the OP didn't add a poll.  Go ahead and vote and feel free to explain your score in a post or not, is up to you.

This poll is about our personal opinions so please no debates on why so and so is wrong etc. State your reasons or not and move on.

Thank You.

EDIT: If you do post I will ask that peeps do not discuss other peoples opinions, if you post I would ask that it be to explain your score and that is all.  There are plenty of other threads where  people can "debate" each other.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    think it's little silly to put an overall score of the game without trying the foundry.. but guess just for a first impression of beta.. also scores are pretty meaningless unless you have something to compare it to..  say for example i hated all themeparks and everyone i give 2/10 doesn't really say much for this game at all to people who enjoy themepark games.. 

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    think it's little silly to put an overall score of the game without trying the foundry.. but guess just for a first impression of beta.. also scores are pretty meaningless unless you have something to compare it to..  say for example i hated all themeparks and everyone i give 2/10 doesn't really say much for this game at all to people who enjoy themepark games.. 

Aerowyn I will ask you to respect the goal of this thread which is for peeps to put a score on neverwinter as it is now based on their OPINION.

This thread is not to debate why this is a good idea or not or why someone else is wrong IYO,  It's just to get an overall feel of what the community feels at the present via votes.

There's plenty of threads where peeps can go  "debate" this.  Let us have one thread where you can express what you feel by voting and then leave it at that.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• VlackeVlacke Member UncommonPosts: 155

Gave it a 7 based on my first impressions, could go higher at launch or all the way down, it's up to the developers and their effort in delivering the final product.

Liked the story, combat with Guardian Fighter, D&D lore is fantastic, foundry looks like something that has a lot of potential and i liked some of the dungeons i have seen.

On the other hand character cration is lackluster, some models look rather ugly and it cannot be fixed via sliders, their garphics engine needs tweaking to say the least, animations of some classes are also not very good at all but i am hoping they will improve because it is still closed beta after all, also the two fingered orb wielding Wizard is hilarious.

Neverwinter's companion system is in my opinion awful, Bioware did a great job with their companion system in SWTOR, Cryptic should have tried to pull off something similar or discard the system completely, the way things are now they will need to redo the entire system completely at some point.

And the last thing i didn't like is the monetization system, everything is currently too expensive with the most obnoxious thing being 800 Astral Diamonds for one identify scroll, which is currently a game breaker for me.Gold is completely useless in the current game build, you cannot buy anything besides some potions and mounts with it.

Prices are actually so inflated at the moment to the point where a person who bought the 200$ founder pack can burn 750k Astral Diamonds in one afternoon, there are certain things for higher levels which cost over 4 million AD if i recall correctly.

• DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697

I voted 7, presuming the foundry will work as intended and 2 more classes appearing within 60 days after launch.

It could go up to 8 if they implement good pvp and up to 9 if more cool pve content is added (big open areas, cities etc.)

I'm not sure what would make this game a perfect 10 for me. Probably completely separate storyline for each race or class.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by DeniZg

I voted 7, presuming the foundry will work as intended and 2 more classes appearing within 60 days after launch.

It could go up to 8 if they implement good pvp and up to 9 if more cool pve content is added (big open areas, cities etc.)

I'm not sure what would make this game a perfect 10 for me. Probably completely separate storyline for each race or class.

image pretty much same for me.. voted 7 as well and foundry will depend overall if that goes up or down.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• grimfallgrimfall Member UncommonPosts: 1,153

I scored it an 8.  It could move up to a 9 or down to a 6 or so depending on how other things unfold. 

The look of it is really great, and I enjoy the combat (as an old school D&D and CRPG D&D Player the concept of standing still when you attack doesn't bother me). 

The lack of classes, player customoization and open world areas bring it down. 

I actually enjoy the combat more than I thought I would.  When I first saw the videos from the game shows I was like "Oh, well... at least there's the Foundry", but after getting my hands on it, I've done a 180.

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145

3 cents

I know its low but I came across way to mutch design issues to even start listing them all. I think most ppl will grant it a higher number not being very known whit action combat mmo's but I find there is nothing action about it.  Afrait that the games from the far east outpreform NWO on every single part of its action combat.

The grapics are Ugly, distance and highrise shots are "nice" to see but upclose I feel like playing a every old game. even STO and CO have better models then NWO as it is.

The game is a very thin layer of D&D , they taken random subclasses and just fairly randomly used ability's at will,  probaly by "this is cool" design rather then adding a true 4e edition D&D ruleset to the game. (and 4e edition is already a "lesser" version)

Animations are utter crap, theres not a single animation that looks motion captured( maybe to mutch editing) the Idles especily of the  controll wizzard is so ugly i cant imagen anyone not hating it , why not add some random idle animation? they got plenty in sto and CO and since they copy/past mostof the npc behavior, emotes and enviorment from those twogames why not the idle's aswell?

Could go on but hey, all just my opinion, I think they are heading to yet a other "bad" pr  release and end up whit a game that does ok (since it s "f2p") but will not stand against any other upcomming mmo's

• Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588
    Can't score a Closed Beta game that still lakcs so many key features, especially the Foundry. Do this poll again in 2 months and then we'll see.

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

• BitterClingerBitterClinger Member UncommonPosts: 439

I gave it 8/10 (up from 6/10 in a previous "score" thread).

The reason I rated it higher is primarily because of the Foundry, and what I saw of it on YouTube. I already have some great ideas for a campaign of contiguous adventures that are probably achievable with the Foundry.

I also reduced the deduction for graphics.  I don't think graphics are that critical to campaigners in this type of online RPG.

I'm still interested in how crafting works out and will get a chance to check it out Wednesday and Thursday night. Honestly, I don't care that much about crafting or pvp.

They could hold off on both crafting and pvp until some time after release, and it wouldn't impact my score at all.

• ghettocelebghettoceleb Member UncommonPosts: 104
    I had some good fun playing this weekend, and I scored it an eight.  Some games look nicer maybe, but that doesn't matter if it isn't fun.
  • CacaphonyCacaphony Member Posts: 738

I voted it a 6/10.

I wanted to give it higher, but there were aspects that prevented me from doing so.

One aspect that can explain one reason I gave a 6 comes from this Control Wizard thread, which can also be referenced in This article on MMORPG

I saw the control wizards in action, and I decided straight off that I didn't want to play one, mostly because of their odd stances (two finger up like there going to go all crazy ninja monk on you) and the lack of actually having control magic. As debated in the first thread I linked. It just seemed that Cryptic was trying to adapt or implement some of their own flavor into an IP that certainly didn't need it.

Second was the character models. I felt like all the male character models for me to choose for my fighter/guardian guy were all cringe worthy. They all looked absolutely horrible. I would say that a lot of the choices for character customization for faces and body types were pretty bad. That's just my thought on it though, I'm sure some out there think there fine. That's ok too, just throwing my thoughts out there.

Third, I'm just getting a bad vibe from the C-store. I don't mind that it's there, just what all they have in there. I saw weapons, armor, focus items, consumables, and every other aspect of the game that one would encounter in-game. Of course there are the account level unlocks and such that are fine to have in my opinion. I'm just worried that the C-store will dominate progression in-game, and that the grind from STO will be even worse here, for astral diamonds like Dilitium is for STO (for those that say there is no grind in STO, I kindly disagree).

I can't knock the game for bugs and glitches. Beta is beta, and I will give Cryptic the benefit of the doubt that they will be caught and squished. I just hope some beta bugs don't linger for so long in the release version, such as it has with Cryptics other games.

I had fun in this beta. I was surprised at how much in fact. For how it is now, I enjoyed combat with my fighter. I think the voice acting, or to be more specific, their lip syncing with the npc's to what they are saying needs serious improvement.

Make some obvious changes and perhaps consider how the Control Wizard should function. There is still time to rework some aspects, and i would like to see positive changes that not only I, but players that discuss the Control Wizard in Neverwinters own forums will be happy with.

• HironHiron Member UncommonPosts: 49
    Just a 6. Love the combat, lore, mainstory. But lack of depth in characters, dungeons brings it down. If foundry is fun it goes up to 7 and if it can bring forth awesome dungeons with lots of puzzle and traps I will gladly give it an 8 and buy a pack. But if the foundry sucks then it will not be worth my time and its just a 5 for me.