Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Coulnd't just the "MegaServer" solve the problem??

2»

Comments

• sapphensapphen Member UncommonPosts: 911
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    Originally posted by sapphen

Sounds good till you take into account that the game is fully VO story. So great you make a mega server where you can go anywhere. Im a highelf in a darkelf land and I pick up a quest to kill the highelves who have invaded a darkelf town. The story tells you about how pig headed highelves are and they are so glad you are here to help lol. The faction areas are 6 years in development and designed for that faction it was intended to play on. What have you gained by walking into the other factions map? Look around? Thats watered down compaired to playing that map with a char from the faction it was designed for lol. Do you not get the devs wont want that for good reason? 

Again, that's why I suggest make a seperate version of ESO (mimicking different server rulesets) that has no NPCs, full exploration and then allow players to switch between versions on a persistent character.  If you need to talk to an NPC, turn in quests or gain xp then play the official game.

It would just be a version to goof off in, with no NPCs or faction locks.  Allow people to manually flag for wPvP (faction-based or FFA) and/or explore.  Flagging for wPvP in this version should be encouraged but not required. 

I think this is not the game you are looking for, try checking out Archeage. When you are not happy with core mechanics of a game 6 years in development you may want to move on. 

"The game I'm looking for" is NOT the topic of this thread or my response.  I am a TES fan and have every right to make suggestions.

• WaidenWaiden Member UncommonPosts: 500

I can tell you what developers should do.

Developers should cater to main player base which TESO was created for.

Whats up with all the recent mmorpgs tryeing to cater to every possible segment and audience? Cant they just decide what segment of players they want to cater to and be done with it? ... Hope teso is not one of them
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617

Sounds good till you take into account that the game is fully VO story. So great you make a mega server where you can go anywhere. Im a highelf in a darkelf land and I pick up a quest to kill the highelves who have invaded a darkelf town. The story tells you about how pig headed highelves are and they are so glad you are here to help lol. The faction areas are 6 years in development and designed for that faction it was intended to play on. What have you gained by walking into the other factions map? Look around? Thats watered down compaired to playing that map with a char from the faction it was designed for lol. Do you not get the devs wont want that for good reason? 

Again, that's why I suggest make a seperate version of ESO (mimicking different server rulesets) that has no NPCs, full exploration and then allow players to switch between versions on a persistent character.  If you need to talk to an NPC, turn in quests or gain xp then play the official game.

It would just be a version to goof off in, with no NPCs or faction locks.  Allow people to manually flag for wPvP (faction-based or FFA) and/or explore.  Flagging for wPvP in this version should be encouraged but not required. 

I think this is not the game you are looking for, try checking out Archeage. When you are not happy with core mechanics of a game 6 years in development you may want to move on. 

"The game I'm looking for" is NOT the topic of this thread or my response.  I am a TES fan and have every right to make suggestions.

Didnt say you couldnt, just saying your spinning your wheels. I cant think of one MMO worth playing that changed core designs this late in the game. Do you really think this going anywhere?

• WaidenWaiden Member UncommonPosts: 500

Separate version of ESO .. really ? xD

What about just go find yourself a different game. This game was created with some core mechanics and they wont change them or create new ones because of few players dont like them. Your ideas would just give devs more work, more resources needed and less time to focus on their true targeted playerbase.

Didnt say you couldnt, just saying your spinning your wheels. I cant think of one MMO worth playing that changed core designs this late in the game. Do you really think this going anywhere?

I may be spinning my wheels or I may be planting seeds.  Do you really think I'm asking them to change their core design?  It may still be a bad idea but it stands on the whole principle of not effecting their 'core' game in a significant way.

Originally posted by Dogblaster

Separate version of ESO .. really ? xD

What about just go find yourself a different game. This game was created with some core mechanics and they wont change them or create new ones because of few players dont like them. Your ideas would just give devs more work, more resources needed and less time to focus on their true targeted playerbase.

Other MMOs have made seperate versions in the past, including DAoC.  It's nothing something unheard of, just unusually applied.

I don't want to change their "core mechanics" (you do know what that means right?), I just think they should have servers with alternative rules (to include wPvP, Co-op, and Explorers) that mimicks the classic PvP, PvE, Co-op,and Roleplaying servers.

In the past Roleplayers wasn't considered a large market but MMOs would include servers for them.  We don't know how many people will be unhappy with ESO, but at least the TES fans would have a version they could explore in and world PvP'ers could have a world to fight in.

The core mechanics are still in the official game, which players could switch back to at any time with a persistent character.

Whats up with all the recent mmorpgs tryeing to cater to every possible segment and audience? Cant they just decide what segment of players they want to cater to and be done with it? ... Hope teso is not one of them

Who is the main player base?  Matt said he was making a game for TES fans and MMO players but so far it seems personally designed for FvFvF / DAoC fans.  What about other MMO players and TES fans?

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617

Who is the main player base?  Matt said he was making a game for TES fans and MMO players but so far it seems personally designed for FvFvF / DAoC fans.  What about other MMO players and TES fans?

What do you want them to do, make one MMO for sandbox players, one for DAoC PvP players, another for open world PvP players, then dont forgot WoW themepark players and wait, then their is your idea lol. By the time they are done it will be 10 years in development and 500 million dev costs and then ready to release and already be outdated lol. Even if all they did was make a copy of the game you are asking for, it would be so watered down and broken no one would play it.

Have you even thought about what the world would look like as you walk from town to town and all faction NPC are gone? They are best focusing on the game they planned and make sure its the best they can so it makes a lasting impact as a good game. Wont matter then if its themepark or sandbox. Good games stick around, even when they have bad graphics. You think your planting seeds and they are doing focused testing on a product thats going to be released this year. lol 

What do you want them to do, make one MMO for sandbox players, one for DAoC PvP players, another for open world PvP players, then dont forgot WoW themepark players and wait, then their is your idea lol.

Have you even thought about what the world would look like as you walk from town to town and all faction NPC are gone?

No, I want them to make the official game and then a 'pseudo' sandbox version for world PvP and Explorers.

Yes, I've thought long and hard about a world without NPCs and I think it would be pretty freaken neat (if you need to vendor items then switch to the official game).  You could have groups battling in the middle of town - or if no one is there then you would just be in an empty town.  This is just fine if someone is just wanting to explore an enemy town ~ if you don't like it then you can switch back to the official game.

You're no more forced to play this version than you are forced to play on a roleplaying server in another game.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Just copy daoc more

Core server as is
    Ffa server -go anywhere, kill anyone, guilds claim keeps
    Coop server - go anywhere, group & guild with anyone, no pvp
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Just copy daoc more

Core server as is

I would like to see a coop and ffa server but I thought it would save time to combine them.  Do you know how much time it would take to make a co-op server?  Free for all might be a little easier.... I just don't think the old classifications apply to ESO.

ESO has a lot of support from the FvFvF folks, just keep it that way and then add a version to include world PvP, TES explorers and a way to group with anyone.  If players can switch between these 'servers' on one character then the explorer version wouldn't even need NPCs

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    I'd like to call it a war between 'carebears' and 'griefers' cause we know most the oPvP players are likely wanting to grief low levels, less to fight people their own level or who stand a chance. 
    Originally posted by Purutzil
    I'd like to call it a war between 'carebears' and 'griefers' cause we know most the oPvP players are likely wanting to grief low levels, less to fight people their own level or who stand a chance. 

ROFL, I didn't think about it like that.  It would be a world full of carebears, griefers and everyone in between.  I thought the flagging option could help to open dialogue between players.  Flagging for open world PvP should be encourage but one may want to wonder around by himself and then join up with a group before going PvP.

Just copy daoc more

Core server as is

I would like to see a coop and ffa server but I thought it would save time to combine them.  Do you know how much time it would take to make a co-op server?  Free for all might be a little easier.... I just don't think the old classifications apply to ESO.

ESO has a lot of support from the FvFvF folks, just keep it that way and then add a version to include world PvP, TES explorers and a way to group with anyone.  If players can switch between these 'servers' on one character then the explorer version wouldn't even need NPCs

the coop server would probably be easier than the FFA.

turn off PVP

let people go anywhere

let people group with anyone.

with the FFa server you would have to do additional things, like have guilds at war with others, let guilds rather than factions own objectives and have some sort of guild based rewards for their ownership, have noob friendly pvp off areas, have some smart guard UI etc...   the FFA server would be more work because its pushing it more towards a hybrid mmo.

Just copy daoc more

Core server as is

turn off PVP

let people go anywhere

with the FFa server you would have to do additional things, like have guilds at war with others, let guilds rather than factions own objectives and have some sort of guild based rewards for their ownership, have noob friendly pvp off areas, have some smart guard UI etc...   the FFA server would be more work because its pushing it more towards a hybrid mmo.

What about quests or NPC dialogue?

Developers do not program "guilds at war".

Both would require more work than just removing the NPCs and add a FFA, Faction-base and Non-combat flagging option with group support (meaning everyone in a group would be on the same team ~ it could remain faction-based unless a non-faction memeber joins, then the group would be FFA).  I feel that would work better because it wouldn't try to be a seperate MMO but pseudo sandbox within a MMO that has other 'core' features.

Just copy daoc more

Core server as is

turn off PVP

let people go anywhere

What about quests or NPC dialogue?

Developers do not program "guilds at war".

Both would require more work than just removing the NPCs and add a FFA, Faction-base and Non-combat flagging option with group support (meaning everyone in a group would be on the same team ~ it could remain faction-based unless a non-faction memeber joins, then the group would be FFA).  I feel that would work better because it wouldn't try to be a seperate MMO but pseudo sandbox within a MMO that has other 'core' features.

i dont see how it would be sandbox.

you dont make things

you dont own things

you cant loose things

but then again I dont view the TES single palyer games as sandboxes.  To me they are open world themeparks, like EQ and DAOC.

i dont see how it would be sandbox.

you dont make things

you dont own things

you cant loose things

but then again I dont view the TES single palyer games as sandboxes.  To me they are open world themeparks, like EQ and DAOC.

That's why I said 'pseudo' sandbox:

The prefix pseudo- (from Greek ψευδ?ς "lying, false") is used to mark something as false, fraudulent, or pretending to be something it is not.

It's not really a sandbox but it does have freedom and open adventures created by players.  I would agree, I don't consider TES a full sandbox either.  It has elements that remind you of a sandbox (kind of what I was wanting to do with the suggestion) but it's more of a themepark in an open world.