Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This is way too casual for me

124»

Comments

• dynamicipftwdynamicipftw Member UncommonPosts: 206

@OP I agree. GW2 is made exclusively for casual players. At no point in the game is skill and teamwork rewarded (not in PvE, not in PvP/WvW).  

If you like the game and consider yourself not a casual player: You're wrong.

• WaidenWaiden Member UncommonPosts: 500
    Originally posted by mikahrOh, nope.

Never ever think hardcore = hard

Casual = easy

Same as NEVER think

solo = easy

group = hard

same as:

long=hard

short=easy

Its the fabrication of some of the "old scholers"

Because lets face it once and for all:

There was and is NO hard PvE in MMOs, its all scripted coreographed performance that in the past mostly relied on gear.

Something taking ages =/= HARD

Something that requires a group =/= HARD, in fact soloing it is MUCH harder, try and confirm it yourself if you somehow dont believe it

But for me long grind/farm = hard... thats why I play mmorpgs. To have goals to work for .. for months, years. What other reasons I would have to play ONE game for several hours each day for years? Than working toward something? If there wasnt anything hard, time consuming, grindy and worthy progressing toward .. I would rather play every week new and new single player game .. BUT thats me and my preferences.

You want hard = skill based mmorpg / pve? Good for you, plenty of mmorpgs like this there :)

I want hard = time consuming / grind/farm / skill based mmorpg .. Aion / Lineage / eq / Final fantasy etc. mmorpg :)

Eveyone have different taste  .. you know

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by dynamicipftw

@OP I agree. GW2 is made exclusively for casual players. At no point in the game is skill and teamwork rewarded (not in PvE, not in PvP/WvW).  

If you like the game and consider yourself not a casual player: You're wrong.

wow such rash generalizations.. but as usual no facts, video, or anything to back up the claims... i gave him a challenge that is easily acomplished in many other i would consider "easier" MMOs in standard PVE i'm sure he could not do in gw2.. 

also it all depends what you mean by "rewarded".. if winning in WvW is rewarding to someone then hell yes teamwork and skill is rewarded. If all you want is a pretty shiny to make your stats go up another 10 points then no no its not rewarded in that way(unless of course you are doing WvW to level then you are rewarded by leveling) but to say there is no reward "period"  for cooperation and teamwork in this game is a lie.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• WaidenWaiden Member UncommonPosts: 500
    Originally posted by Celcius

I like how the guy complaining about lack of progression does not have a single piece of ascended gear judging by the 0 agony resist and the icons of his trinkets. The back could be ascended, but that looks unlikely. They are adding progression. Every MMO has casuals in mind because not everyone can play as much as you can. By not everyone I mean; pretty much everyone. Your mythical game of endless progression simply will not happen unless you want something oldschool or niche. 

Just another WoW zombie who can't take not having higher numbers in his character panel to show off to other people imo. There has not been a single MMO that was "hard" in the first year of launch or so since before WoW came out. Get over it. MMOs are easy games and if you don't like that; don't play them.

Fractals arent funny (atleast for me) and I quit doing them when I reach something below 40 and I wanted to quit them at lvl 5 because they were boring for me .. non trinity system is one of the major reasons why i didnt like dungeons in gw 2 ... it is just my oppinion btw

And If you watch my character more carefully, yes the back is ascendent, rings have 0 resists but you know why? That character you see has 40 hours played and was leveled only by crafting and legendaries were transmuted from my main guardian and engineer.

Hello..? WoW zombie? I didnt say I love wow not even once.. you know just wow mmorpg or you hate wow so much?

Some MMOs are hard and grindy games and if you don't like that; don't play them.

P.S.: maaaaan ... I have to laught :D I didnt even created this thread i just replyed that I agree with OP and thats all, my personal preferences. And you come here and bash me with your reply? I mean really .. get over yourself

• SteeJanzSteeJanz Member UncommonPosts: 334
    Is it coincidence that the same 3-4 people defend GW2 in EVERY thread on this forum? It seems very suspicious to be honest.

Why?  Because they are fans and they like to post in forums.  I find it odd that a person can play over 8 hours a day for 6 months and say that the game was boring. 

• ReskaillevReskaillev Member CommonPosts: 157
    Originally posted by Zeus.CM
    Is it coincidence that the same 3-4 people defend GW2 in EVERY thread on this forum? It seems very suspicious to be honest.

No, those are just the only ones that care what you got to say. The rest are playing the game.

It seems like they are defending GW2 on this forum 24/7 though. Do they even play the game?

I'm playing Guild Wars 2 and generally don't defend the game in this kind of threads for several reasons:

1. These threads are always the same stating either that the game is too easy or that it is overhyped.

2. Got tired of answering to these kind of threads because they are full of trolls and haters that you can't reason with.

Keep waiting for your ultimate sandpark hardcore game. I'll stick with my supereasy retarded themepark and have fun playing, thank you very much.

"Isn't a raid plundering villages in WoW or something like that?" - Robert Desable

• MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632

No, those are just the only ones that care what you got to say. The rest are playing the game.

It seems like they are defending GW2 on this forum 24/7 though. Do they even play the game?

No one defends GW2.  Of all the games released in the past 5 or so years, GW2 is least in need of defense.

However, some feel compelled to combat the ceaseless amount of false information, trolling and general douche baggery.

IMO, fighting against the droves of maladjusted teens hating against a GAME, is similar to shoveling shit against the tide.  I actually have concern for people like yourself, so I have a question for all the riffraff on the GW2 forum:

Where did the big, bad GW2 touch you?  Show me on the doll.

• nastyjmannastyjman Member Posts: 161

Not now since I'm at work. I only get to defend this game 9am to 6pm EST, Mondays to Friday.

This discussion has been closed.