Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Active Player Statistics - Planetside 2

spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

Some interesting statistics about player activity.

Steam Graph:

http://steamgraph.net/index.php?action=graph&appid=218230&from=0

Planetside 2 X-fire Graph

http://beta.xfire.com/games/ps2

Comments

• boxsndboxsnd Member UncommonPosts: 438

check this: http://steamgraph.net/index.php?action=graph&appid=218230&from=1354593975

It's almost EXACTLY the same as the xfire graph. And some people dare to question xfire's validity... 

DAoC - Excalibur & Camlann

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Games usualy always have a high pop at release and it will drop down and lvl off after a month or so once the newness wares off.
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by sanshi44
    Games usualy always have a high pop at release and it will drop down and lvl off after a month or so once the newness wares off.

Not just usually, but so consistently that you can bank on it. There's always some guy new to games that spots it for each game and goes all Chicken Little, thougfh.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971
  • SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107

Check the info for BLOPS 2 and put them together, look nearly identical.

Not defending it though, population seems crap in game most of the time of the day.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

The biggest disapoinment of PS2 is each faction goes to a map where they meet the least resistance.
    Defending a base is worthless and none ven bothers to do it.

+ hackers live streaming their hacks for hours and hours and hours on end....PS2 is filled with hackers / cheaters
    Game has horrible optimazation, in 1 patch i have 60+ fps 1 patch later its 20 fps.

I realy had high hopes for PS2 but they released a bad beta build as a final release and people just doesnt swallow that shit anymore these days.

Update after 3 months about player activities on Steam and X-Fire.

Steam Graph - OVERALL

Steam Graph - Month

X-Fire - Month

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

I only play roughly an hour a day and not everyday and I'm on one of the highest populated server Matherson, I can sense the amount of players is shrinking by the day though I have been seeing new names since the Soltech merge, I've been running with the same players since then. My previous outfit pretty much died and went off to play Chavalry so I left it and joined another and now half those guys are back to playing SWG*cough* which is what I should be doing too, I've been putting off with that game for a couple months now.

Sad that I can't get enough satisfaction to keep me playing for longer than 30-60 minutes anymore, not even the new SimCity which keeps resetting my city or preventing me from logging in, I regret even buying that game and I'm a long time huge SimCity fan... so sad.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Originally posted by Agoden
    Check the info for BLOPS 2 and put them together, look nearly identical.Not defending it though, population seems crap in game most of the time of the day.
    BLOPS2 is basically a rehash of the previous BLOPS, not that many CoD fans are fooled by that now, I don't think BLOPS2 has even broken 50K players yet since launch where BLOPS1 cracked 150K peak which passed MW2's 120K peak.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Well its dropped, like most new mmos.

But let's put it in context, its not a swtor style "everyone jump off this sinking ship" drop off.
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Well its dropped, like most new mmos.

But let's put it in context, its not a swtor style "everyone jump off this sinking ship" drop off.

Because many new mmos suck in the meanwhile, good ones are growing steadily. I dont agree that the dropping numbers have nothing to do with dissatisfaciton of the current game, you see this watching the graph. There is a huge interest in Planetside 2 but the game has just too many issues and missing features, they released a shiny bubble.

• VarthanderVarthander Member UncommonPosts: 466
    as a planetside 2 player i must say that i only go in when new content arrives, then i play for 1-2 weeks and after that i go away again, probably i will stay more time when they add either more continents or the naval combat.

• SysFailSysFail Member Posts: 375
    No meta game makes ps2 a dull boy indeed.
  • Macrinus101Macrinus101 Member Posts: 44
    Originally posted by SysFail
    No meta game makes ps2 a dull boy indeed.

On their road map, there is a November update that will connect all the continents in the game and this will improve the meta game. Each continent will have a home continent with Hossin not owned by any faction in the middle and each area connected by a continental lattice with battle islands to fight over before you enter the enemies continent. Even though there is no detailed meta game, I really like planetside 2 and I play it for 3-5 hours at a time in each session.

Even though the game is declining, the peak players are usually a little over 6000 each day if you look at the steam stats. Also, PS4 has been getting more pre-orders than Xbox One and Planetside 2 will be a free to play launch title so if it is really popular on PS4 then more will come to the PC version.

• DarkholmeDarkholme Member UncommonPosts: 1,212
    For anyone that looks at this and is worried about server population and not being able to find people to play with, don't. I play sometimes all night long and nearly always can find good fights, even during weekdays. During prime time it's pretty much constantly several areas with 48+/48+ battles. Bottom line is that every game goes through these peaks at launch and then the population evens out. Planetside 2 is no different, but the population is very healthy and I see new players every day.

-------------------------
    "Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P.Lovecraft, "From Beyond"

Member Since March 2004

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Wow that's a huge necro.

As of now the game is doing pretty great. Planetside2 has a way of taking your money while you thank SOE.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • DarkholmeDarkholme Member UncommonPosts: 1,212
    I hadn't noticed someone necroed it, but still, it's worth pointing out to anyone new reading the thread that the game is actually very healthy...

-------------------------
    "Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P.Lovecraft, "From Beyond"

Member Since March 2004

• Macrinus101Macrinus101 Member Posts: 44

The game has stopped its sharp decline this month. Look at steam charts.

http://steamcharts.com/app/218230

Only down by almost 3%. The game will probably get a lot more popular once it is released free to play on PS4, more people will hear about it and play it on PC. Also the meta game will change this November.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

I quited realy early on when i spotted empty base capping over and over and over again.
    Add to that the horrible grind for even the most basic shit and you got yourself the most boring shooter of the year.

Thanks but no thanks.
    I rather play Battlefield then standing in empty bases.

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987

It's a great shooter. I keep going back to it. And quite active, at least on my server there's non-stop action.

I'd also like to point out that PS2 while being an MMO it is an FPS; for those who come look for metagame in a shooter.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Why people bother with steam? SOE already gives plenty of stats with their API, including the amount of people that play at any single time.

World Population | The Rebel Scum

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    Originally posted by Mothanos

I quited realy early on when i spotted empty base capping over and over and over again.
    Add to that the horrible grind for even the most basic shit and you got yourself the most boring shooter of the year.

Thanks but no thanks.
    I rather play Battlefield then standing in empty bases.

The game evolved quite a bit from that. In fact, you'd be hard pressed to find an empty base to cap right now and instead the problem is big fights everywhere (aka zerg fights).

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Maybe people get tired of wonky hit detection and the occasional yet disenfranchising cheating. They're supposedly working on optimization right now.... a lot of good that's gonna do when you still can't kill the guy you saw first on your screen.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯