Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ESO Petition, Make Tamriel Seamless.

Comments

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    Originally posted by Emeraq

I thought seamless meant no transition loading (or blank) screens? In which case both Oblivion and Skryim are NOT seamless.

Maybe I'm wrong about what is considered seemless but to me it sounds to me like this request is to make it truly an open world, rather than limiting access to your zone and PvP zones only.... 

I'm with you. Seemless meaans no loading zones and in tryth i know of no totally seemless MMO's Vanguard claimed to be but that was a total lie as chunking in from one zone to another 30 seconds to several mins in the old days.

Seems the OP wants a Darkfall Total gankfeast PVP game where any enemy can go and gank any character even in their starting zones. this i don't want and will not sign up for.

• VyntVynt Member UncommonPosts: 757

Even though they're using a megaserver, they probably can add a different server that allows people to zone into other sections. A megaserver doesn't restrict that. Just need another server that is not part of it.

I'd like to see 2 alternative servers, 1 for pvp, 1 for only pve, like daoc, just to get the whiners out of the servers that will be populated. As much as people are complaining and clamoring for a server to go anywhere and gank people all day long, those were the least populated servers in daoc.

• HestiaHestia Member UncommonPosts: 119
    I would definitely agree on being able to walk through enemy territories and of course PvP them. Restricting of course, the newbie zones.
  • Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

I love these petitions.

NO that is a lie. I thik they are lame.

How about if you don't like something you don't buy it? Hmmmm is that such a odd concept? Seems to be.

How about before you go asking for a game to be made how you want it you get out and learn to code and make what you want?

I bet you could learn tons of interesting stuff while in CS school. Maybe even a bunch of technical "whys" that would answer many of the questions you have that lead to your stomping of feet and tanturm throwing at all these game companies.

I use "you", "your" as represenative hyperbole.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Originally posted by Hestia
    I would definitely agree on being able to walk through enemy territories and of course PvP them. Restricting of course, the newbie zones.

Ya, thats not in line with TES. Fans of TES will be looking for the freedom of exploring and not getting attacked by players. This is one of the reasons 3 faction maps works best for this game IMO.

• TuktzTuktz Member Posts: 299

I like the idea of each realm having it's own PVE lands, and one big RVR area in the middle they all fight over.

It reminds me a lot of classic DAOC, and that system was awesome.

I felt it really added to the realm pride element in RVR, because you come from a shared background (private PVE area), and probably quested/grinded with these people. Really freels like you're defending your teammates.

If you opened up the whole world, how would that work? I'm pretty sure they don't want to make EVERY zone in the game a RVR zone, because you could never PVE in safety. They want people to have the choice when to RVR.

I don't like the idea of flagging either, because I don't want to see 40 max level enemy players in my starter zone, and sure they can't attack me, but I won't attack them either or I'll get stomped. Takes away from the immersion in that sense. Especially if they can kill guards and stuff to grief you in a way that you can't fight back.

I prefer the idea that your "home" region has a huge wall that's defended by an impenetrable amount of NPC guards from your realm. So basically your home area is inaccessable because of your realm defending it's access. Then it makes sense from a point of view of home vs contested areas.

MMO history - EVE GW2 SWTOR RIFT WAR COH/V EQ2 WOW DAOC
    Tuktz - http://www.heretic.shivtr.com/

• MaelwyddMaelwydd Member Posts: 1,123
    Originally posted by Rayshe
    The problem behind being flagged after attacking a flagged opponent is simple its a dirty trolling trick used constantly in every game this is used it. I cast a AoE, your purposly run into that AoE so it flags me. Im now a lvl 10 facing down a Lvl 50 because you know of a little trick that forced me to get Flagged.

Simple solution.

AOE doesn't affect PvP flagged players until you flag yourself. Same for healing. Stops people trying to abuse systems both ways. Want to PvP turn the flag on.

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411

rather have the zone separate

• MaelwyddMaelwydd Member Posts: 1,123
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle

Ya, thats not in line with TES. Fans of TES will be looking for the freedom of exploring and not getting attacked by players. This is one of the reasons 3 faction maps works best for this game IMO.

So if TES fans want freedom of exploration and not getting attacked why do you think the game design is based on territory locked factional PvP?..

• SoMuchMassSoMuchMass Member Posts: 548
    I rather have zones seperate.  I am fed up of the same old forumla.  Most of the current MMO population haven't experience DAoC so this could be a good introduction.
  • Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882

Since and only since this is a RVR Focused game i agree PVE zone should be Locked off.

If this was a PVE focus game, then yeah should be seamless.

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• GreenWidowGreenWidow Member Posts: 157
    Originally posted by Maelwydd

So if TES fans want freedom of exploration and not getting attacked why do you think the game design is based on territory locked factional PvP?..

Good luck getting a legitimate answer to this.  TES fans are not getting anything they want from this game.  It's not a TES game.  Everything that made the IP great has been glossed over, left out, or blatantly changed.

No exploration, limitations on everything,  forced classes, locks on skills, locks on abilities, locks on areas, locks on races.

No true first person.  Limited interaction with environment. 

What we have not yet verified is if they even bother to keep the Lore true.  Considering how they've bastardized everything else...my assumption is that Lore is changed regularly to fit whatever misconception of the world these idiots have.

But I'm biased...I actually liked the TES games.  This game was made by those and for those that DID NOT like TES games.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”The Iron Code"

• sapphensapphen Member UncommonPosts: 911
    Originally posted by GreenWidow

Good luck getting a legitimate answer to this.  TES fans are not getting anything they want from this game.  It's not a TES game.  Everything that made the IP great has been glossed over, left out, or blatantly changed.

No exploration, limitations on everything,  forced classes, locks on skills, locks on abilities, locks on areas, locks on races.

What we have not yet verified is if they even bother to keep the Lore true.  Considering how they've bastardized everything else...my assumption is that Lore is changed regularly to fit whatever misconception of the world these idiots have.

But I'm biased...I actually liked the TES games.  This game was made by those and for those that DID NOT like TES games.

I feel the same way.  It's like the game isn't for TES fans or MMO players but strictly for FvFvF fans.

Dark Age of Elder Scrolls indeed.

• TuchakaTuchaka Member UncommonPosts: 468
    how about having a petition to make this game a sandbox game rather than the insult to ES fans that it is now , course its too late for that but it might actually get the point across they are treating us like idiots
  • immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610

ESO is a TES game.

• deakondeakon Member Posts: 583

I have played TES games since Morrowing launched in 02, didnt start mmo'ing until 3 years later, over 600 hours clocked in oblivion up to 400 in skyrim, no idea how much in morrowind (likely much more than both tes 4 and 5) yet I'm very excited about this game and locking factions will add to the life of the game for me.

So please dont assume that because YOU dont like teso that everyone who does aren't tes fans, because thats pure BS

• pokrakpokrak Member UncommonPosts: 111

I have never play any TES game I tried one but I quit after 1h of game play. I just Hate dead worlds without any sort of multiplayer.

But I just love the idea of TESO and I like faction and race lock. Hopefully it will be some sort of faction pride which will make be proud of being Ork and keeps me busy so I will not try any elf or nord alt to try it out. Whatever, its all about community(!)  and finding friends for playing, this is mmo after all. So who knows who I will be in Teso after all. 

• Caliburn101Caliburn101 Member Posts: 636

The three biggest (by far) threads on ESO on these forums;

1 – ESO Petition, Make Tamriel Seamless

2 – Identity Crisis

3 – Has faction lock made u lose interest

It really is entirely pointless arguing the issue of faction lock and freedom to explore isn’t an issue people aren’t concerned about.

So if you still want to make such a point – it is clear where your ‘3-way PvP and frack everyone else’ bias  lies nes’t pas?

• tazarconantazarconan Member Posts: 1,013

Being not able to visit any area u wish (even enemies territories) is indeed an immersion breaker. Its not something that completely destroys the game but it is essential for many reasons.Roleplaying reasons,adventuring at enemies grounds,solo effords to hunt enemies in their own ground,hell even get a kos tab with your name in it (kill on sight) in the enemies forums is an achievement for some ppl..

We keep saying wow did this wrong, did that wrong, but some essential things wow had them right and ofc this one ,being able to go and hunt enemies if u wish (player's freedom in choise) it was enabled.

I dont know if i personally would go hunt enemies in their territory but i certainly want an extra sense of danger when i go out adventuring and possible encounters with other players. Otherwise i would stay in Skyrim which excludes pvp as a single player game.

Hell ESO is a multiplayer mmoRPG and player INTERACTION in all its forms is a MUST.

Some players want safegoing pve?  Run Skyrim. and its a universal truth none tha less

I'm pretty sure there will be higher risk higher reward  PVE content in the RVR zones.

Besides, I like the idea that factions guard/protect their borders. Put big LOTR/morder type walls up at choke points defending your realm. Really makes it feel more like US vs THEM when you have a shared PVE experience with your realm. Makes the other guys really feel like strangers from a strange land, and enemies hehe.

Besides, I so often see North Korean troops wandering around questing in rural Georgia...... /sarcasm Don't most nations (fantasy or real) rabidly protect their borders? 

• dotdotdashdotdotdash Member UncommonPosts: 488

Originally posted by Daxamar
    People havent played the game yet, and want to make changes. All on what they percieve from a youtube video.Truly mind boggling.

We already know that the PvE game is broken up into three territories for starters, and that players of each faction can only play in their respective faction's territory. The complaint is that this isn't in keeping with the freeform, sandbox-esque nature of the series up until this point. In Morrowing, I could go anywhere. In Oblivion, I could go anywhere. In Skyrim, I could go anywhere. In TESO, the game that's supposed to be an order of magnitutde bigger than all of those games combined, I can't; I am limited to zones that the developers want me to be limited to, and I have very little choice in the matter. That, frankly, sucks... and it's a development philosophy that even the most veteran of MMO developers are starting to question. Not Matt Firor, apparently... which makes me question wholesale his ability to read the market. He's making a game that would have worked 10 years ago when the market was just starting to explore the idea of "so called" theme park MMOs, but today - in a stagnating market setting where novelty and diversity is required (and rewarded (see: Kickstarter)) - I and many others don't think it's wise.

Furthermore, it's a very odd state of play indeed when three warring factions don't bother attacking each others territories. Even if it were limited to border skirmishes, the idea that these factions would limit themselves to a single theater (especially when so much is at stake) is unbelievable. If one faction were dominant, and the other two factions were far weaker, it would be believable (see: the current state of the Middle East, where America is relatively safe from reprisals at home due to it being far more powerful than the enemies it faces). That isn't the case: the scenario that we are asked to believe is that these three factions are equal (or as near to as is), yet they're containing a major war that will have massive implications on the future of Cyrodil - and Tamriel as a whole - to a single theater of war. Why isn't there any depth of strategy involved? Why aren't the factions trying to cut into each others territories, or - at the very least - why aren't they working to disrupt border supply lines? During World War 2 (which the war in Cyrodil is very much an analog of), Germany, America, Russia, Britain and the other major players did not contain the war in Europe. It spread over three continents, effected every territory involved, saw conflict all over the world in a myriad of territories. Containing the war to Cyrodil is a nonsensical and mechanic-orientated design decision.

In addition, there are story telling avenues not open to the writers that would add a lot of depth to the game. A quest, for example, where you had to infiltrate one of the two opposing faction's territories (where - I'm just riffing here - you are perhaps given a disguise that makes you appear to other players and guards as if you were part of that faction, but getting too close or "idling" for too long led to your discovery by both the players and guards, at which point you are either ejected from the zone or could be attacked (for PvP goodness)) is entirely off the cards. There's no room for depth of story telling like that, no room for major story networking between the three factions outside of Cyrodil and the "Adventure Zones".

It speaks to the integrity of the game that the developers and designers have chosen rudimentary "invisible walls" and content lock outs to funnel players down a specified path - to specified "adventure zones", and Cyrodil - without giving them the choice to do anything different if they wish. That sort of game design works in story heavy single player (and limited multiplayer) titles, but in MMOs - especially where the story is weak (and those mechanics hamper the ability of the writers to actually tell the story in the first place) - it's as bad an idea now as it has always been.

Sadly the mistake was made long ago, and - as has been pointed out - there is very little we can do now to encourage them to change course. Matt Firor came to Bethesda and said, "I can make a conventional MMORPG with some TES twists; that's what consumers want." Clearly that isn't what consumers want, or games like SWTOR would have been highly successful without the need to switch to a F2P model. The ONLY recourse for ZeniMax Online now is to release the game as a B2P title with a similar MT model to GW2. There is no way it will survive as a subscription game, and the GW2 model will allow them to obfuscate player numbers enough that they can simply say the game is a wild success even if it isn't (just like GW2).

• dotdotdashdotdotdash Member UncommonPosts: 488

Originally posted by Tuktz
    Besides, I so often see North Korean troops wandering around questing in rural Georgia...... /sarcasm Don't most nations (fantasy or real) rabidly protect their borders? 

Yes, but as I pointed out: the war in Cyrodil is more akin to World War 2. The powers involved are of equal standing. Just like in World War 2, the Cyrodil War would spread to other regions. The sheer scale of the military presence required in Cyrodil by each nation would leave their homelands - at the very least their border territories and dominions - open to attack. Supply lines would be targeted - as they were during World War 2 - at source, as well as in the field.

There would always of course be areas that are well defended, such as "heartland" territories, but the way it's painted in TES is that the entirety of each faction's nations and territories are well defended, even though the vast majority of their respective armed forces are being funneled into Cyrodil. That's poor writing, and highly unbelievable. It's a turn off, even before I've played the game.

• MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Most "true tes fans"TM won't be paying TESO anyway.

They will need to buy a PC first.

Originally posted by Maephisto
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Most "true tes fans"TM won't be paying TESO anyway.

They will need to buy a PC first.

haha =)

Well, despite all the nay sayers, I can't wait to play this game. I will absolutely be making at least 1 character in each realm, and FULLY EXPLORE the whole world (even though according to some you can't.)

I guess you have to be able to do everything from one character for the game to be any good? because all mmo players only ever make 1 character right? :P

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

here's the thing, in every MMO i have ever played where you could go to the enemy territory, people very very rarely did it unless it was to pvp.

did you see a lot of people traveling to the other faction territories in wow just to explore?

i can understand the racial lock and lack of complete open pvp concerns.

but the people that are acting like the fact you cant explore everywhere with the same character in a pve only world is a game breaker and will make this game fail, i assure you they are in the very very vast minority and it will not be a game breaker for most.

i think the racial lock is much more of an issue because it forces entire guilds to be the same three races if they want to all play together.

might not be a game breaker, especially for a solo player or maybe just a few friends starting off.

but for large guilds i can see it possibly being an issue for sure.

another thing is, if you judge mmo's by their longevity in numbers like so many do, then hell yes this game is going to fail along with every other mmo from here on out until one comes a long that is just so much better than everything else, that there is no other options but to play that game for years.

that is what killed SWTOR and games like it more than anything.

too many options out there and i also think people are getting sick of mmo's in general.

when i say people, i mean the people that were drawn in when wow came out.

JMO