Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So macroing IS dead

GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802

Just like I called it with the new prowess system.

Probably one of the best systems added to the game to date. Impossible to macro up your character, the additional affects of these changes have made PvE much more enjoyable and meaningful too. Well done AV.

Comments

• DartmedDartmed Member Posts: 36
    I trully hope so .... 
  • Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527
    Good chnage finally from them.  Still no fluff or content at all - no market in and ALL classes only half done and they will launch like that.  Game COULD be good if they waited to release another 6 months but they will rush it and again be a pile of crap due to being rushed out.....
  • Abuz0rAbuz0r Member UncommonPosts: 550
    I expect the game will be making a lot of noise around Q3 of this year or Q4 of next year.  Careful not to cross the line of your NDA, I already got spanked because I didn't realize how restrictive it was.
  • GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802
    Originally posted by Abuz0r
    I expect the game will be making a lot of noise around Q3 of this year or Q4 of next year.  Careful not to cross the line of your NDA, I already got spanked because I didn't realize how restrictive it was.

I got spanked also :P But considering the prowess change was a public announcement I should be fine??

For the above poster, there's not even a release date yet. Anything could be added before a release, don't go calling doomsday yet.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

No its not dead.. people will now just macro prowess instead..

Infact it will probally be easier to macro now they have brought this in as prowess points can be spent on anything.

So you go out find the easiest/safest thing to do and sit and macro all day bring in those nice process ponits while as donig somthing else.

This was a half ased attempt and fixing the issue just like the rest of the things they have brought into DF:UW.

Originally posted by Caldrin

Infact it will probally be easier to macro now they have brought this in as prowess points can be spent on anything.

So you go out find the easiest/safest thing to do and sit and macro all day bring in those nice process ponits while as donig somthing else.

This was a half ased attempt and fixing the issue just like the rest of the things they have brought into DF:UW.

You're more than welcome to come up with a way to macro prowess. No one can so far.

Half assed attempt? Explain?

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813

how on earth do you macro prowess?

• NiburuNiburu Member UncommonPosts: 402

As the posters above already asked, i would be very interested to hear from you how you macro prowness.

Only thing i could come up with is killing an alt over and over, however as far as i know it has dimishing returns and he spawns at a new spot on the bindstone.....

• HotjazzHotjazz Member UncommonPosts: 742
    Originally posted by Niburu

No its not dead.. people will now just macro prowess instead..Infact it will probally be easier to macro now they have brought this in as prowess points can be spent on anything. So you go out find the easiest/safest thing to do and sit and macro all day bring in those nice process ponits while as donig somthing else.

As the posters above already asked, i would be very interested to hear from you how you macro prowness.

Only thing i could come up with is killing an alt over and over, however as far as i know it has dimishing returns and he spawns at a new spot on the bindstone.....

I hate grinding, so please tell me how I can macro prowess.

I prefer to do it in the safezones so no one can kill me, but I`m really open for anything. Give up your secrets, give us a hint or atleast provide some macro theories. Please don`t tell me your secret macros are just imaginary.

• acesdown31acesdown31 Member Posts: 8

HAHAAH im so sick of this.....these stupid fan boys who always bitch and bitch... i believe this was the idea and most bumped things on the forums from PLAYERS to put in.  and they put it in under a month.  and well at that.  

and saying you will macro prowess??  i would like to see how you can do this ?  all you little macro babys are sad cuz you cant go around pwning people who dont wanna wast monery on there power bill macroing all day ever day.  get off the server and go play something else.

Tthis change and dont forget SALVAGiNG which is amazing also are great addins.. its been 3 days since this patch and wipe and i count 800 people in clans on the clan list alone not including non clanned and new players to come in the next few days.

Well done AV.  thank you for listening and i cant wait for the other classes and see this game really at its potential.  !!

• MdpatsMdpats Member UncommonPosts: 176

Can you Macro IRL?  I think not.  This game is R-E-A-L-I-S-T-I-C

Let's go AV!!

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    You could make a digging macro :P not much prowess to be had from it though, And you could probaly do a fishing macro in the ocean somone driving the raft round circles between 4 tiles with people fishing off it but thats bout it from what i can see. Not realy worth it though.
  • acesdown31acesdown31 Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by sanshi44
    You could make a digging macro :P not much prowess to be had from it though, And you could probaly do a fishing macro in the ocean somone driving the raft round circles between 4 tiles with people fishing off it but thats bout it from what i can see. Not realy worth it though.

exactly....and the higher prowess you get the lower you get from activities like that...you are forced to go explore the world and kill different mobs for the feats prowess....its perfect!  ive seen so many spawns "hot spots" now and seen great pvp everywhere and its day 3 after this add in... LovE it!

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Originally posted by acesdown31
    Originally posted by sanshi44

exactly....and the higher prowess you get the lower you get from activities like that...you are forced to go explore the world and kill different mobs for the feats prowess....its perfect!  ive seen so many spawns "hot spots" now and seen great pvp everywhere and its day 3 after this add in... LovE it!

Aye they definetly made some great improvements in the last patch looking forward to primalist one next week.

• Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780

OMG,,, think you need ot update your self so you dont look silly. YOU CNA MACRO ANYMORE!!!

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Originally posted by Greymoor

Just like I called it with the new prowess system.

Probably one of the best systems added to the game to date. Impossible to macro up your character, the additional affects of these changes have made PvE much more enjoyable and meaningful too. Well done AV.

This system alone is what have given my hope for DF:UW. And I'm back to ttesting the game now. It's by far the best thing AV have done for their game. Heck. It's the best thing they've done evva. Let's hope they keep this momentum going now.

Originally posted by Mad+Dog

OMG,,, think you need ot update your self so you dont look silly. YOU CNA MACRO ANYMORE!!!

Thanks for clearing that up mad dog :p

• SysFailSysFail Member Posts: 375

I love the fact that the best way to gain prowess will be with others, i'm always in favour of group play over solo content.

MMO's over the years have become so solo focused they don't even feel like MMO's anymore, so bravo to AV and to the fella who put the idea forward in the first place. :)

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

mining, chopping wood, fishing and so on are few simple ways.. yes its low gain but just stay afk doing it.

Its also half arsed because its not really fixing the issue its just trying to work around it.. just like their amazing idea of making every character exactly the same size.. Now we just have a bunch of clones in exactly the same gear running around.

Anyway for me DF is dead and DF:UW is not even half the game DF was but each to their own..  im sure some people will really enjoy it. so lets just leave it as that..

mining, chopping wood, fishing and so on are few simple ways.. yes its low gain but just stay afk doing it.

Its also half arsed because its not really fixing the issue its just trying to work around it.. just like their amazing idea of making every character exactly the same size.. Now we just have a bunch of clones in exactly the same gear running around.

Anyway for me DF is dead and DF:UW is not even half the game DF was but each to their own..  im sure some people will really enjoy it. so lets just leave it as that..

lol gathering is not afk macroing in any form... so you hit one node and then what? you're afk so you can't run to the next? Unless you mean semi-afk? And not macroing... which isn't an afk macro at all. Not to mention diminishing returns would kick in too.

You still haven't explained how it is a half arsed system, it's pretty well thought out if you asked me or looked at the beta forums.

• psykobillypsykobilly Member Posts: 338

lol gathering is not afk macroing in any form... so you hit one node and then what? you're afk so you can't run to the next? Unless you mean semi-afk? And not macroing... which isn't an afk macro at all. Not to mention diminishing returns would kick in too.

You still haven't explained how it is a half arsed system, it's pretty well thought out if you asked me or looked at the beta forums.

The only thing you can do is dig macro, but you don't get any prowess - you do however get prowess from cooking what you dig.  Not much though.

A minigame for digging has been suggested as a way to get rid of this last form of macroing - which I fully support.

Caldrin just doesn't understand how the prowess system actually works.

• NiburuNiburu Member UncommonPosts: 402

To macro ressource nodes you need to make yourself a path with resting,hitting and moving. for example 5 stone nodes close together, you could create a macro so a guy runs in a circle and mines. But one bigger lag or block fucks this already up and you waste alot of money for your energy bill for nothing since the same amount could be gained by playing the game in a much shorter time.

Not to mention the 3h refill time if iam right.

If you dont like that you shouldnt play multiplayer games at all since it is much easier to macro in other games ( go next to a mob spawn, aggro mob and kill, repeat. Works best with ranged class)

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

No macroing really is useless in darkfall now, its great. it used to be required to play the game, now there is next to no viable use of macros. maybe you can bot for resources, but thats the same in any game.

The new character development system is a joy to play, but game still has a LONG way to go.

My blog: image

• McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    Originally posted by Hotjazz
    Originally posted by Niburu

No its not dead.. people will now just macro prowess instead..Infact it will probally be easier to macro now they have brought this in as prowess points can be spent on anything. So you go out find the easiest/safest thing to do and sit and macro all day bring in those nice process ponits while as donig somthing else.

I hate grinding, so please tell me how I can macro prowess.

I prefer to do it in the safezones so no one can kill me, but I`m really open for anything. Give up your secrets, give us a hint or atleast provide some macro theories. Please don`t tell me your secret macros are just imaginary.

Posts like this remind me of how much I dislike macros since it breeds lazy gamers. If one is too lazy to earn their own points then don't bother playing in the first place.

• General_Dru-ZodGeneral_Dru-Zod Member Posts: 136
    Originally posted by psykobilly

The only thing you can do is dig macro, but you don't get any prowess - you do however get prowess from cooking what you dig.  Not much though.

A minigame for digging has been suggested as a way to get rid of this last form of macroing - which I fully support.

Caldrin just doesn't understand how the prowess system actually works.

This.