Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This is way too casual for me

Comments

• mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066
    Originally posted by Dogblaster
    Originally posted by RizelStar

Took you 1550 hours to realize that, Jesus Christ. image

Sadly .. I thought Legendaries will make me somehow stay ingame, sadly no.

I even leveled 7x lvl 80 which is really bad because in every other mmorpg I played in past 10 years I had NO urges to play or level up to max more than one or two characters in years. This proves how fast you get bored in gw2 with your character, even in my guild everyone had several 80lvl characters ...

Thats why you have 8 classes and level however you like in whatver zone that is equal or lower level than you doing pretty much anythiing you wan to.

Yes he did and hes right.

MMORPGs were always about progression and grind/farm and upgrading/maxxing out your character.

More grind, more hard and more time consuming it is to max out your character in mmorpg then better. We dont play mmorpgs for simple fun, they are supposed to simulate real life in fantasy/scifi scenarion, if i wanted to play game for simple and easy fun, I have sc2, dota 2 and single player games. Why would I play mmorpgs where everyone has the same gear without any effort, to find a friends, communicate with them tru chat? LOL

Thats why every MMO like that has 1000 subs and not even you play them lol

• WaidenWaiden Member UncommonPosts: 500
    Originally posted by mikahr

Yup, you got it right: GW2 is about having FUN and not WORK.

Its absurd really. i mean "people used to pay 60+15/month to work. And now they can have fun....for free. OMG! how could they do this? This game suxxorz...its about.....fun! FUN! WHere is this world going now that people play MMOs for FUN! The genre is RUINED."

OTOH, I always said id welcome them to work for me. Ill even make em WORK HARDER! :) And ill even raise the sub the harder i make them work lol

FOR many of us mmorpg players fun in mmorpgs is about maxxing out characters, grinding/farming and obtaining the best gear that no one else have and beeing competetive in pve/pvp. In guild wars 2, everyone has everything, everyone is powerful as everyone else. So yea, no thank you.

You want simple fun, casual friendly game that you play for few hours a day when you come from work?

BUT gw2 is not for hc players or competetive players who seek progression, hard pve, gear farming, etc.

Its absurd really. i mean "people used to pay 60+15/month to work. And now they can have fun....for free. OMG! how could they do this? This game suxxorz...its about.....fun! FUN! WHere is this world going now that people play MMOs for FUN! The genre is RUINED."

OTOH, I always said id welcome them to work for me. Ill even make em WORK HARDER! :) And ill even raise the sub the harder i make them work lol

FOR many of us mmorpg players fun in mmorpgs is about maxxing out characters and beeing competetive in pve/pvp. In guild wars 2, everyone has everything, everyone is powerful as everyone else. So yea, no thank you.

Thats right, only your skill can raise you over anyone else, not gear.

Any problems with that? :)

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051
    Originally posted by pointchiz

I had great expectations for GW2; unfortunately this game is taking casual gameplay to the extreme. Nothing is even remotely challenging.I cannot tolerate culling and lag so WvWvW is out of the question. The downed state lowers the skill cieling in sPVP too much. What I mean by that is 1 player cannot defeat 2 or 3 players in a 1v2 or 1v3 situation. I got to Fractals 40+.... yawn...Explorable dungeons are very poorly designed. They're easy and unrewarding too. The open world PVE is so mind numbing that you can auto attack any NPC to death; even those world event dragon bosses. I feel like I'm losing IQ and becoming stupid the more I play this game. I was wondering if any people were like me; frustrated by how easy the PVE is and how bad the PVP feels? 

If you really are auto-attacking everything on a d/d ele (think you said that's what you're playing) to death, then you must not have played much or are backstabbing everything when someone else has aggro :) champ mobs for example.

Since you never got into wvw I guess you can't talk about taking on 1v2 or 1v3 - sounds like you couldn't get away from the (zerg) group mentality, where culling exists, and branch off to small teams or even just 2 or 3 players with you. Too bad, because that is where most of the skill in game is for me. PvE gets tough when you lose a player or carry bad players through dungeons, that's about it.

FOR many of us mmorpg players fun in mmorpgs is about maxxing out characters and beeing competetive in pve/pvp. In guild wars 2, everyone has everything, everyone is powerful as everyone else. So yea, no thank you.

Thats right, only your skill can raise you over anyone else, not gear.

Any problems with that? :)

For that I play COD or Dota 2 :)

hah, dont think I care about skill, playing mmorpgs for 10 years, moba games for 2-3 years and played cod professionaly for 3 years. so yea, lol.

Anyways in GW2 even the vanity gear/items are easy to obtain. There is nothing hard to obtain, maybe It soulds weird but I wont play mmorpgs where everyone even his grandmother have same gear like me who plays 10+ hours a day.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Working at things I enjoy is fun. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"

Thats why you have 8 classes and level however you like in whatver zone that is equal or lower level than you doing pretty much anythiing you wan to.

Ah so leveling alts or running around in low lvl zones weak as lvl 1 is why you play mmorpgs, okey. Not for me.

Thats why every MMO like that has 1000 subs and not even you play them lol

Funny. I always played mmorpgs like this only :) And I am looking forward to some new ones.. FF XIV ARR, archage, blade and soul, wildstar, teso. more grind and farm it has, then better.. And I will always prefer hardcore mmorpg where it takes hundereds or thousands of hours to obtain the best gear, maxxing your character than mmorpg where it takes few days or weeks to do so. ALWAYS :)

• DiemosDiemos Member Posts: 129
    I think your main problem is you expect to substitute life with your gaming. I've been playing since head start and I'm coming up on 900 hours now. This game launched with the most content than any themepark and are still pumping out large monthly updates. There is not a game that will satisfy your over indulgence of gaming. Just like the kid labeled as a top SPvP player on GW2gurus State of the Game video mentioning he plays 8-10 hours a day. Seriously, get off the PC for a while. Btw, playing for 1550 hours, just to grind your ass off for legendaries just to "beat" the Game and say you did it doesn't give you worlds greatest player award, it just shows how much time you wasted on a game you arr way to hardcore to play just to brag on the internet...

Besides I can be hardcore and highly skilled to and Google image search.

[PvX]Tempest - Check us out

Originally posted by Diemos
    I think your main problem is you expect to substitute life with your gaming. I've been playing since head start and I'm coming up on 900 hours now. This game launched with the most content than any themepark and are still pumping out large monthly updates. There is not a game that will satisfy your over indulgence of gaming. Just like the kid labeled as a top SPvP player on GW2gurus State of the Game video mentioning he plays 8-10 hours a day. Seriously, get off the PC for a while. Btw, playing for 1550 hours, just to grind your ass off for legendaries just to "beat" the Game and say you did it doesn't give you worlds greatest player award, it just shows how much time you wasted on a game you arr way to hardcore to play just to brag on the internet...

Besides I can be hardcore and highly skilled to and Google image search.

Dont get me wrong, gw2 is awesome mmorpg but not for hc players who seeks grind/farm maxxing out character, etc. :)

And I sold the acc for decent amount of money so I dont regret it that much :)

Really? :) I have 668 screenshot of this account in my GW2 screen folder, if you want any, just let me know :)

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Yeah, the open world PvE is far too easy. It was just right in the first beta week (as was the personal story) but people whined and they made it too easy. I never seen a dragon event fail since and that tells me that it is too easy.

Dungeons are about right though.

Culling is annoying but I have little problems with it unless I play the most busy hours of the day. But my net and my computer is fast so it might lessen the problem for me.

It is still the best MMO around today, but I really want then to crank up the difficulty to get it closer to GW1. I miss Jeff Strain, he knew how to make things hard.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

I play double dagger elementalist, 2000 power, 35% crit, 60% crit damage, 19k hp, 2500 armor.

Every other class and weapon setup bore me to tears. There aren't enough skilled players playing to make a group of fractals 40 anymore. Besides after doing fractals 600 times I got fed up.

Heh, have to jump in here now. I have an ele (level 77, getting there!) that runs double dagger/ dagger-focus/ staff in WvW and it's a blast. I've found that attunement dancing really makes a big difference when you consider all the buffs you apply to allies around you in doing so. 

But, mesmer is my favorite still. So amazingly versitile and nuanced. 

Oderint, dum metuant.

• VyllynVyllyn Member Posts: 10
    u want a challenge in PVP and PVE get your guild and go play age of conan. has really challenging endgame and the skill cap for pvp has the highest ceiling out of anygame on the market right now.
    Originally posted by Vyllyn
    u want a challenge in PVP and PVE get your guild and go play age of conan. has really challenging endgame and the skill cap for pvp has the highest ceiling out of anygame on the market right now.

Tier 1 WvW. All the challenge and PvP you can eat. Never played Conan, can't compare, but T1 WvW is nuts right now.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Kaleston

So you don't like preaching, huh? And you don't hate them, huh?

You know what I don't like? Attacking without a reason. And if someone says he doesn't like gw2 because it's too casual and is looking for mmo where he can work his ass off to reach the top (please don't take it literaly), that's no reason to attack. I'd tell him good luck in finding such a game and I'm sorry for you don't have the same amount of fun with gw2 as I do.

You are both making the misstake of confusing easy and casual. GW1 is casual but still hard.

GW2 unfortunatly listened to whiners and made the game too easy after the first beta weekend, and they should increase the difficulty again (PvE).

They should not add more grind, those laurels are bad enough. More difficulty less grind like the first game is the right way to go. And yeah if you suck that means more time to get good stuff but if you play well you can get a lot in a short time.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Nonononononononononono

I want everybody to get a good clear look at this thread, then read each got damn post, each, that's what I do majority of the time and it's how and why I see true intentions.

Then we get asked...

Why?

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    By the way OP i am still waiting for you to give me an example i asked you for on the very first page. I like to make compairsons and give references as it helps to make one's point of view a bit more clear and closer to truth.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

When, in the last 5-6 years, was an MMO released which was not casual? Only one's I can think of are indy, sandbox, PvP games like Mortal Online and Darkfall.

MMO's are mainstream now and triple A developers are in it only for the money so to be able to do that they need to cater to as many people as possible, which means catering to the lowest denominator. Hence the never-ending stream of casual MMOs...

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser
    By the way OP i am still waiting for you to give me an example i asked you for on the very first page. I like to make compairsons and give references as it helps to make one's point of view a bit more clear and closer to truth.

He will never comment again. He has "69"  posts and that for some is all that needs to be said. o.O

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Originally posted by Loke666
    Originally posted by Kaleston

So you don't like preaching, huh? And you don't hate them, huh?

You know what I don't like? Attacking without a reason. And if someone says he doesn't like gw2 because it's too casual and is looking for mmo where he can work his ass off to reach the top (please don't take it literaly), that's no reason to attack. I'd tell him good luck in finding such a game and I'm sorry for you don't have the same amount of fun with gw2 as I do.

You are both making the misstake of confusing easy and casual. GW1 is casual but still hard.

GW2 unfortunatly listened to whiners and made the game too easy after the first beta weekend, and they should increase the difficulty again (PvE).

They should not add more grind, those laurels are bad enough. More difficulty less grind like the first game is the right way to go. And yeah if you suck that means more time to get good stuff but if you play well you can get a lot in a short time.

Oh, nope.

Never ever think hardcore = hard

Casual = easy

Same as NEVER think

solo = easy

group = hard

same as:

long=hard

short=easy

Its the fabrication of some of the "old scholers"

Because lets face it once and for all:

There was and is NO hard PvE in MMOs, its all scripted coreographed performance that in the past mostly relied on gear.

Something taking ages =/= HARD

Something that requires a group =/= HARD, in fact soloing it is MUCH harder, try and confirm it yourself if you somehow dont believe it

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

Originally posted by KaiserPhoenix
    another self-entitled pro who couldn't reach top level in wow-arena or pve, thought he was no hamster in a wheel but it turns out he needs the wheel after all.   this is new and exciting

I don't need a hamster wheel. I'm not talking about gear or grinds. It's about difficulty. The content is brain dead. You could train a monkey to play GW2.

unless I'm mindlessly following a zerg there's plenty of challenging content to satisfy this monkey ooo ooo aaa aaaa

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788

It's been a disappointment for me as well.  I stopped playing WoW specifically  because they had oversimplified the game too much, only to find out GW2 is even worse.

You make me like charity

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    Aren't people confusing (overly?) streamlined with "easy"?
    Originally posted by NBlitz
    Aren't people confusing (overly?) streamlined with "easy"?

Pretty much. The game is intended to be easy to learn but difficult to master. I'll bet the "too easy" crowd did nothing more than spam their weapon skills in low level PvE and never bothered to learn the secondary or tertiary effects many of the skills have or when to best use them. I can see them using mesmer great sword 5 while the enemy is out of range and thinking it sucks, or using GS2 around a solo foe and thinking all it does is damage.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by badgerAlum

*snip*

I was wondering if any people were like me; frustrated by how easy the PVE is and how bad the PVP feels?

Agreed.

I already sold my account with 1550 hours played and 2 legendaries crafted after I realised all this and I am glad I did :) When I announced my guild that I am leaving the game they understood me very well, gw2 is not about progression, grind, etc.. Its just about a simple ''fun''. GW2 is the game for casuals .. thats not mmoprg i am looking for :/ 

I can understand your opinion.  Mine happens to be the exact opposite - after years of gaming and now having a family, the ONLY thing I look for in a game is "fun".  I get paid to do a job, when I get home I'm done with work.

Same here, I don't need a second job, I don't want a second job, I have a real life that keeps me plenty busy enough. GW2 being casual friendly is the only reason I'm still playing it.

imageimage
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    you can auto attack any NPC to death; even those world event dragon bosses.

^ Didn't fight Claw of Jormag, apparently.

You can if you stand in the right spot on the ledge. If you want to make it a little more challenging you can stand in the middle where the ice spikes come up. If one comes up near you; just strafe away and keep auto attacking.

So you depend on everyone else not auto attacking while you do no damage.  I think the problem lies with you, not the game.  Who'd even want you in a group?  You sound lazy.

By the way, the damage done in the ice spike phase is done by the exploding golems, not player attacks.  When they're not exploding, the dragon stays at the same health.  Like I said, you didn't do the fight.

I can do jormag with my eyes closed with both hands tied behind my back while someone is beating me over the head with a tennis racket. If you seriously find this fight challenging then we are leagues apart my friend.

I'm going to have to see proof of this before I believe it. Something posted to YouTube would be lovely. Include sound.

Oderint, dum metuant.

This discussion has been closed.