Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some people took issue with my blog regarding cheaters in PS2.

13»

Comments

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640

Never used a hack, never will, but some days I find an excellent snipers nest, and can get a headshot with every bullet in my clip. Have litterally sat there and made 42 headshots in a row and idiots kept walking back to the same spot to shoot from.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Several points.

Yes there are hackers, there are hackers in ALL online games. I've played games with worse hack problems, gw2, wow, war, Tf2 and especially counterstrike. I imagine your cods and what have you are even worse.

No gms, not true, I see several messages from gms each play session, e.g. "xxxx here, gm, please report any cheats to me"

There seems to be this strange idea its easier to have a fps than traditional mmo tab Target combat. This is a fallacy.

The very high k/d ratios, could be hackers, but could also be rocket pod farmers etc... K/d is pretty irrelevant anyway, you gain certs faster by playing as screams and playing to win rather than to boost your k/d. My own k/d has nose dived lately as I've switched to my job being primarily dropping beacons / grabbing Advanced points, which means most of my certs are in scythe / light assault, and I suicide run a lot.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

This thread amuses me. For 6 years now I have been a GM on a private server and banned thousands of botters.

I have heard all kind of lame excuses. People demanding proof so I always posted screenshots.

The bot hitting a monster named "bot test do not attack" - bot would miss too much (high evasion of the monster) and reset by using the teleport. I summon the botter back to the monster - miss - teleport - resummon - reroll.

I would do this 5 times and post the screenshots and all that the botters would say was: that is no proof!

If someone claims that killing the same person 38.000 times isn't related to hacking / cheating / botting then that person is nothing but a cheater in denial himself.

Harbinger of Fools
  • ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987

Logged in the other day. No cheaters in my sessions. Game is getting better with each update.

That last person I saw in game cheating was in January I think, guy with no head. Reported him and others did as well. Went on playing.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

I only lasted 30 minutes yesterday before logging when I realized I was being shot THROUGH hills and walls, it was a nightmare.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Report them then. They do get banned. Wall hackers are the easiest to spot too.