Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whats your overal score?

Comments

• palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651
    Until now i expirienced only bad things. 2/10 is top what  this game can get
  • wasim470wasim470 Member Posts: 243

humm for me this is my general score:

Wow MOP: 7/10

GW2: 9/10

Rift: 8/10

AOC 7/10 b4 F2P

SWTOR 8/10 b4 F2P

so i guess for Neverwinter 7.5/10

for me the amount of fun i get is my score and this is totally personal score for what  makes me click.

• WaidenWaiden Member UncommonPosts: 500
    Originally posted by Giffen
    I would give it a 6/10.  People who are easily entertained may find this game fun for a month or so, the rest of us probably won't last past the first weekend.

exactly.

5-6/10 and I am generous.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by jtcgs

8 out of 10 easy

It would be a 9 but I am not even going to try PvP in this game since its D&D...so, no PvP is a -1

Graphics are fine, doesnt need to be realistic and fits the setting. 7/10

Sound is spot on. 10/10

Skills are well rounded and deep enough for the action combat 8/10

Story is right around NeverWinter Nights 1 quality 8/10

Animations could use some work, not perfect but way above TSW thats for sure 7/10

Havent created via foundry yet however have tested a few of the bigger foundry quests which shows a TON can be created with it 10/10

PvE up to mid 20s is great, solo friendly and dungeons scale wonderfully to group play. 8/10

Pretty much my thoughts, although I am looking forward to seeing what they do with PvP. With a bit more polish it could be a 9 easily.

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873

7/10

I was looking for a dungeon crawler and i got one. Moreover, for a F2P MMO it is amazing. 

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    Originally posted by FromHell
    Originally posted by bestever
    Yeah lets score a game while its in beta lol what a joke just like most of the post on these forums. Seems like no ones a gamer anymore but a bunch of self made critics. I'll play the game and enjoy it for what it is and its fun. 

^ this

reviewing a beta is like going 100% full retard. And it gets more popular each time.

MMO devs should stop doing public betas, simple as that.

A game has been developed for 3-5 years before beta (on average) yet you think it is going to change significantly in the 3-4 months before launch?  Betas are for hype, publicity and getting people to pre-order to get in.  All the real testing is done in house or during alpha.  Seriously.   They maybe get feedback about adjusting difficulty of quests or how areas handle large amounts of traffic.  No core elements are likely to change.  If someone does not like the beta then 99% they are not going to like the game.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by Fluxii

I agree; I've defended CO and STO, but I just can't do it for this one.  ...  combat was akward (people complain about TSW?)

I agree too (also a TSW / CO / STO / 2nd ed. dude here :) )

I only left the combat part from the quote because for me that was THE deal breaker. As I wrote in the other thread I loved the rest of the game. I think there's a first in everything, to me Neverwinter was the first combination of great game & bad combat.

So, 5/10 for me as well. If they'd insist on action combat but could switch the mechanics for something like Tera or RaiderZ, I'd raise it to 7/10 (I don't like action combat much, but even those two weren't this much clunky...).

And if they'd go to the other direction and implement something like CO's combat, I'd give a solid 9/10, maybe 9.5/10 even, since the game is good and has much potential especially with the Foundry.

• DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697

7/10

Could be more if they polish the animations and character appearance, add more classes, provide meaningful PVP, and add more cities.

• SlechtvalkSlechtvalk Member Posts: 33

I like it.

F2P, Itemshop seems to be obligatory. So no pay to win.

I played an elven devoted Cleric.

Animation is ok. Riding looks horrible, rest is ok 7/10

Combat itself with skills 6/10. Its ok not having thousands of skills, but i ask myself where the improvement is. Otherwise i like the way the cleric works.

Scenery looks good, fluid grafic on all my systems with nice eyecandy, could be a little more eyecandy but its not outdated. 8/10

Stories are great, not so much grinding, thank you 9/10

PvP, i dont care about.

community, i loved to see many people beeing polite and i only saw 2 people who tried to offense with extraordinary names, no i am gladfull 99% took names which could take place in this world. 9/10

final 8/10

• DonVadimDonVadim Member UncommonPosts: 46

Overall I'd say 4/10 - terrible graphics engine, everything looks like it was made to appeal (or rather milk the money out of) 14~ years old crowd . For me mmorpgs = huge persistent world without separate "time for loading screen" zones which is not the case for this game at it is more of dungeon lobby game with shared city (but even the city of Neverwinter is instanced - max 99 people per instance). Can't really see anything really good in this game - just another dumbed down game trying to clone wow's success.

For comparison I would rate wow: pandaland for about 5/10 because the only good content is raids, which means you basically can log in just twice a week or so while paying subscription.

GW2 would be rated 9/10 as single player rpg with multiplayer elements, 6/10 as mmorpg.

• brackatchabrackatcha Member Posts: 24

4/10 sounds about right....I bought the founders pack...I bought the freaking founders pack........(cries hysterically)

Graphics 4/10

Gameplay 5/10 (combat)

Game-world 2/10

D&D-Feel 1/10

Turbines DDO is such a better D&D experience...I don't know what the developers were trying to accomplish...premium branding on a crappy development budget and sucker folks like me?

• SanguinelustSanguinelust Member UncommonPosts: 812
    I give it a 5 out of 10. Good thing this one is going to be free.
  • KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,185

So far I've played to level 18, no pvp, no foundy building (where i'll spend a majority of my solo time at release) and I'd say:

8/10

I plan on writng a review up at some point, but I'm not ready to do that just yet. Probably wait until after release. However to me this fills the void that I so desperately wanted to be DDO. I just didn't like DDO's combat. Really looking forward to spending some time in the foundry and creating some engaging content. From what I've seen so far it's going to be possible to make some decent stuff. Hopefully they make it even better. 

I do wisht the content was a bit more difficult at the levels i've played so far, but as long as it gets to where groups are more required later on and the content never ends (foundry) I think I'll be satisfied. We'll see.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Graphics: 7/10... pretty good--not stellar but not bad either

Combat: 4/10... root to cast + active dodge feel very, very clunky together

Story/Lore: 8/10 ... well done

Idea of foundry for player developed content: 10/10

Desire to log in and play: 3/10... about this last bit...

I had a lot of free time this weekend and whenever I'm in a weekend-only beta, I tend to play the heck out of the game to really get to know it well. I was on for about 6 hours on Friday but I found myself playing other things Saturday and Sunday....couldn't be bothered to play more. It just didn't grab me... shrug.

Now I know why most write ups about this game are all about the foundry: there is nothing else but that to get excited about.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643

I find it funny that no one talked about the different classes they played this weekend.  If you're going to rate your experience on the game, you never mention what it is you're playing?  

I can tell you that my rating of Beta 2 would be lower than Beta 1 and it has everything to do with the class I played this time around.  Also, this thread is more about what people wished the game was and not what it is.  And if that surprised you, then you haven't been paying attention.

8/10

If I was to rate my experience just control wizard pre level 17, 6/10.

The game is all about the classes and dungeon delving.  You either get it or you don't.  I don't need this game to be the usual fair.  There's too many damn choices out there with more on the way already.

Who cares if you like it or not.  Game is F2P and a crap ton of people are going to play it regardless.  Many jumping in and out to do their friend's foundry content.  It's a game you schedule to get together with buds and run stuff for a night.  Just like *gasp* a real DnD session.  

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Originally posted by brackatcha

4/10 sounds about right....I bought the founders pack...I bought the freaking founders pack........(cries hysterically) Graphics 4/10Gameplay 5/10 (combat)Game-world 2/10D&D-Feel 1/10Turbines DDO is such a better D&D experience...I don't know what the developers were trying to accomplish...premium branding on a crappy development budget and sucker folks like me? 

I agree. This game gets about 4-5/10 because it "works" for the most part, but beyond that, it is bland, boring, uninspired, and definitely lacking in terms of it being a D&D game. Also having very few player choices and being hugely linear. It was made cheaply and feels that way. And the Foundry will not save this thing, if STO is any indication. I agree that this game can only be targeted at people that will play anything and those that don't know what the D&D world is about. Not worth the time.
    Originally posted by Torvaldr

It was fun.  I'll play it.

The rest of the number ratings are kind of silly like the official review scores here.  People just pull a number out of their butt.  The numbers are fairly meaningless and have no real reference.

Yes. You're more a thumbs up/ thumbs down kind of guy... black or white... we get it. Ratings and numbers are all about trying to describe the grey areas... for those who know that it's all grey. Binary just doesn't work too well when you try to do that.

Luckily most people are not like that and they would rather try to explain what they liked and what they didn't like using language that is more informative than "orgasmic!" or "da sucks!"

Of course, someone who believes numbers just come out of anuses (anii?) probably shouldn't provide any numbers.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Originally posted by jdnyc

I find it funny that no one talked about the different classes they played this weekend.  If you're going to rate your experience on the game, you never mention what it is you're playing?  

I can tell you that my rating of Beta 2 would be lower than Beta 1 and it has everything to do with the class I played this time around.  Also, this thread is more about what people wished the game was and not what it is.  And if that surprised you, then you haven't been paying attention.

8/10

If I was to rate my experience just control wizard pre level 17, 6/10.

The game is all about the classes and dungeon delving.  You either get it or you don't.  I don't need this game to be the usual fair.  There's too many damn choices out there with more on the way already.

Who cares if you like it or not.  Game is F2P and a crap ton of people are going to play it regardless.  Many jumping in and out to do their friend's foundry content.  It's a game you schedule to get together with buds and run stuff for a night.  Just like *gasp* a real DnD session.  

It's not about the money, it's about how we spend our free time. F2P is also a questionable term when used to describe something that wants your money desperately (hello there founders!)

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• xax68xax68 Member UncommonPosts: 14

5/10

I will NOT buy a founders pack unless they really lower the price of them!

• Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588
    Originally posted by Iselin

It's not about the money, it's about how we spend our free time. F2P is also a questionable term when used to describe something that wants your money desperately (hello there founders!)

Yeah it's always those horrible people that want to be able to make a living and feed their children out of their hard work.

I for one wake up every day at 7am to work for free and live off thin air. I don't get how some people can be so selfish.

And how can some people be so awful as to pay founder's packs so others can play it for free and content can keep being developped? Those people really have no forgiveness.

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

Originally posted by Alber_gamer

Yeah it's always those horrible people that wants to be able to make a living and feed their children out of their work.

I for one wake up every day at 7am to work for free and live off thin air. I don't get how some people can be so selfish.

You misunderstand. Of course game developers need to and deserve to make money. Bu there are honest ways to ask for that money (i.e. subscriptions) and dishonest ways: "no really you can do everything for free...you don't need to spend a penny!"...give me a break.

But more to the point...saying about a F2P game..."who cares what it's like, it's free!" is just one of the stupidest things someone can say in a forum where people come to discuss the game in detail.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• Nekky_FateNekky_Fate Member UncommonPosts: 162
    I played my Divine Cleric to 40 over the weekend and I would score this an 7/10 so far. I am purchasing the $60 Founders pack and have no problem supporting games that would hold my interest for a few months. The Foundry quests I ran were pretty cool, it will be interesting to see what people can do after a while. After around lvl 30 or so the game does start to get a little harder, the last 3 or so dungeons I ran were about 45 minutes each and had some long boss fights.
    Originally posted by Nekky_Fate
    I played my Divine Cleric to 40 over the weekend and I would score this an 7/10 so far. I am purchasing the $60 Founders pack and have no problem supporting games that would hold my interest for a few months. The Foundry quests I ran were pretty cool, it will be interesting to see what people can do after a while. After around lvl 30 or so the game does start to get a little harder, the last 3 or so dungeons I ran were about 45 minutes each and had some long boss fights.

That's good to hear. I played my Cleric just to level 14 and I felt like my heals were hardly needed at all in dungeons. Good to know that fights get to be long enough for healing to have some use later on.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

You misunderstand. Of course game developers need to and deserve to make money. Bu there are honest ways to ask for that money (i.e. subscriptions) and dishonest ways: "no really you can do everything for free...you don't need to spend a penny!"...give me a break.

But more to the point...saying about a F2P game..."who cares what it's like, it's free!" is just one of the stupidest things someone can say in a forum where people come to discuss the game in detail.

Actually one of the stupidest things someone can say in a forum is to talk about something from a position of authority when in reality they know nothing about it.

You can play from level 1 to level 60 with the 5 classes without having to spend a dime.  You can play all the storyline stuff.  You can play all the foundry stuff.  You can even create foundry stuff once you hit level 15.  

And I said who cares if you (that you being a general you - not directed at one person) like it or not, it's F2P.  That means people can and will try the game out no matter how butt hurt some people are in here because it's not their 'ideal' sense of what the game will be.

Originally posted by Torvaldr

I'm curious why the Control Wizard resulted in a poorer play experience for you.  Did it lack in control, damage, too rooted in casting, too squishy, etc.

I think the class needs a lot of polish, but the intro experience and low levels (up to around 20 or so) seemed fairly solid to me.  When the class gets higher level that I see it having problems against mobs that hit harder.  For me it needs a lot of improvement in the control department.  I expect a control class to handle several mobs at once.  This class doesn't do that well at all.

By comparison the devoted cleric feels OP at low levels, but by the time the 30s roll around I end up drinking too many pots for a healer class.

First weekend I was a trickster rogue and that class was a heck of a lot of fun from level 1 to level 30.

I went control wizard to see what it could do.  My issue with the class early on is two things.  One is the lack of a true AoE pre-level 15 that isn't a daily.  You have an encounter, but that seemed to cap at maybe 3 mobs, 4?  couldn't tell how many were actually being affected by that cyclone thing.  Regardless, it didn't slow them down and that's part of the point of a control wizard.  There was plenty of single target things to harass, but nothing that kept any mob out for more than a second.  What this leads to in my experience pre-15 is more of a frantic gameplay of running around spamming abilities and screaming "not in the face!  not in the face!"

That said, you get a push at level 10 which starts to help.  Level 15 you get cloud chill which gives you an AoE damage/slow at will.  At level 17 you get Icy terrain and then the control wizard starts to actually feel like it functions more.

You port in, drop icy terrain, port out.  spam cloud chill and other abilities (I liked the force choke ecounter, followed by the heavy DD ecounter.)  When mobs get close to you, hit tab and push them back to the other edge of the icy terrain again.

Not ideal, but seemed to work better.  Against a single target their wasn't much of an issue.  But around the Orc area, level 12-13 you start to run into real issues from my experience.  The numbers is overwhelming and can be a frustrating experience for a few levels.  It can be enough to make many quit because they have no idea that they will get a couple things that will make it better.

Still, it needs work in my opinion.  My suggestion is to bring the cloud chill at will sooner.  Switch it with that beam thing which I find utterly useless.  I would also pull Icy Terrain earlier.  I would also have a daily actually CC, instead of knockdown/pushback and have that daily CC last more than a second.

edit- They also need to fix that run animation while in combat.  And the finger thing.  My god that finger thing needs to go.