Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

What a game

VoreDockVoreDock port richey, FLPosts: 129Member
just finished  Beta weekend 2 and wow what a great game  this is free to play done right the game is so  AAA it's unbeleaveable  and yes it's fully voiced as well the voice acting is top notch   all in all  a wonderfull experance and the foundry system is amazeing  but tell me what you think  and plz no haters if you have not played you have no right to  complain about this game  long live free to play  this is how all mmo's should be 
«1

Comments

  • evilastroevilastro EdinburghPosts: 4,270Member

    I'm sure you will get the usual trolls coming in and saying its small and linear.

    If you didn't make it past level 20, don't comment. As that is when the game opens up into the wilderness.

    The game is good, the dungeons are fun and the classes feel fresh, dispite being old hat. The foundry will keep this game fresh for a long long time.

     

  • VoreDockVoreDock port richey, FLPosts: 129Member
    how could anyone not love this game  i know some of the fanboys are mad about how the ip was used but come on its core D&D  and it even makes grouping easy with friends or alone  with a ramdom group 
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Nevada, MOPosts: 2,732Member
    Originally posted by VoreDock
    how could anyone not love this game  i know some of the fanboys are mad about how the ip was used but come on its core D&D  and it even makes grouping easy with friends or alone  with a ramdom group 

    Careful, that ice is pretty thin.

     

    /different strokes

    I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

  • VoreDockVoreDock port richey, FLPosts: 129Member
     just tell us what you think  good or bad and why   
  • Elevenb4Elevenb4 CajamarcaPosts: 282Member Uncommon
    I couldn't get past the animations. Huge turn off for me. Now they aren't all that bad, but Animations are a huge thing for me, if they aren't top notch, I won't play.

    -Unconstitutional laws aren't laws.-

  • wasim470wasim470 damasPosts: 243Member

    Ok first of all i didn't expect this game to be my main MMO or the new GW2 ( since am deeply into GW2 ), with that said i find the game really nice and i had much fun in it.

    1.The game is heavily instanced which is not bad i actually  find it as a strong point in the game due to the D&D and dungeon crawling feeling you get.

    2. the combat is really fun and it's fast, some flows here and there, like being locked on when hitting longer than you should, but they are working on adjusting this so i guess it will be fine.

    3. the classes seems cool, i only played Guardian fighter which i really liked.

    4. the skill system needs more work but it's working at this time for PVE at least.

    5. the game system needs to be smarter ( like in case of having a healer & Tank when matching ppl for an instance, and the fact that if ur in group you can't leave ur instance or enter any other instance unless everyone is on the door ).

    6. some issues and bugs here and there ( like a losing a quest item due to a full inventory, and u can never get it back ), but after all this beta and am sure they will work on these issues.

    All in all the game is fun and for a F2P it's impressive, maybe it's not the massive MMO of ur dreams but it's really fun.

  • VoreDockVoreDock port richey, FLPosts: 129Member
    yes it's only going to get better  
  • MachinationMachination New York, NYPosts: 65Member
    I enjoyed it immensely. I said this elsewhere but it's just good, old school fashion fun. It was simple to join in with people, wasn't a chore. Lots of little details can go a long way and this had it. I tried the Foundry mission “The Dweomerkeepers, Act I" by Zebular and loved his details and story hook. Looking forward to seeing more of that unfold as he releases the other acts. Makes me itchin' to try my hand at that Foundry now. I had no idea what to expect other than it was a D & D game set in Neverwinter. After this weekend, I met quite a few people just from doing the quick join dungeons and events and such. I'm now seriously looking at those Founder's Packs. Simple old school fun.
  • hfztthfztt GlostrupPosts: 840Member Uncommon

    Funny how the cap for when the game is good seems to be moving up.

    The first few post this weekend said, its good past lvl 10. Two days later it is, its good past lvl 20.

    Sorry, but if the game stinks from lvl 1-10 then it has failed. It does not matter that the game gets good past lvl 20 if you are loosing your players on lvl 1 -10. This is espicially important for an f2p title where players dont feel obligated to stay be course they payed for the title.

    I got to lvl 10, and by then the game was still a linear borefest.

  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Nevada, MOPosts: 2,732Member
    Originally posted by VoreDock
     just tell us what you think  good or bad and why   

    Haven't played it. I have access due to my LTS in STO, but I've not seen anything about NW that piques my interest.

     

    The last time I went ahead and bought a game that didn't really grab my interest, things went as well as I expected. It wasn't a total loss, though.

    I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

  • evilastroevilastro EdinburghPosts: 4,270Member
    Originally posted by hfztt

    Funny how the cap for when the game is good seems to be moving up.

    The first few post this weekend said, its good past lvl 10. Two days later it is, its good past lvl 20.

    Sorry, but if the game stinks from lvl 1-10 then it has failed. It does not matter that the game gets good past lvl 20 if you are loosing your players on lvl 1 -10. This is espicially important for an f2p title where players dont feel obligated to stay be course they payed for the title.

    I got to lvl 10, and by then the game was still a linear borefest.

     I didn't say it wasn't good earlier. I said it opens up later if the lack of open areas are the complaint being targetted at the game (which has been mentioned a lot over the weekend). Level 1-20 is the tutorial area.

    If you don't like the gameplay at level 1, you won't like it at level 60.

  • wordizwordiz Eugene, ORPosts: 464Member

    Woohoo! Thanks for the positive post. I enjoyed the game a lot too. I went in expecting it to be garbage, found a well made re-hash of the Neverwinter series with the MMO elements in all the right places.

    Naturally, the combat is very different and plays like Tera with Guild Wars 2 style dodging, but I enjoyed it as well. I think they did a much better job with the party roles in a real time combat system than Tera. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't have minded if the game had a traditional tab target mmo combat system, but for what the game is I enjoyed it a lot.

    Hope there are many more classes at launch. Thats my biggest complaint with the game.

    Will be playing at launch for sure. If only the founders packs were a better  value.

  • VolgoreVolgore Posts: 2,209Member Uncommon

    Yeah, and watch the game getting at least a 7.5 in a review on this site -which will absolutely confirm what the OP says.

    Oh, wait...

    image
  • tet666tet666 cfgvbfdgPosts: 126Member

    One word:  Microtransactions

    They are horrendous in this Game

    Given the ridiculously high AD costs of maintaining your character--which only go up as you level--this is a make or break point in the game. I understand they need to make money somehow, and thus this will provide incentive for players to purchase Zen (other than cosmetics, of course). But unfortunately the current gain is pitiful compared to what you need to spend.

    Slotting an enchantment or companion rune requires several thousand AD per slot, and that goes up as you level. Even simple stuff like ID Scrolls/Town Portal scrolls or Respeccing cost Astral Diamonds and thats just the mandatory stuff you wont ever have enough AD to purchase fluff items.

    Given this type of system exists in most MMOs nowadays, enchantment will be necessary in the end game. Also, take a look at the mount training skills for levels 40 and 60. They cost ~768,000 and 4.125 million AD, respectively. I'm sorry, but that's horrendously expensive for simple mount training. And please, before anyone rebuts with, "Well, that's OPTIONAL" or "You can farm them given enough time", think about that statement for ten seconds. Mount training, companion runes, and enchantments will all be necessary for any competitive player.

    This needs to be addressed, or if there are more reliable and impactful ways to obtain AD, Cryptic/PWE should be more transparent about it. Our current known methods of obtaining AD boil down to the following: daily hour-long skirmish grinds, one hour-cooldown prayers, spending prayer-generated Ardent Coins on AD chests, and a vendor that sells AD for some epic item (the means by which you obtain this item are currently unknown).

  • PurutzilPurutzil East Stroudsburg, PAPosts: 2,924Member Uncommon
    Well its not really giving any facts or good details and does show bias towards a posative side... but hey, at least its short unlike those long flaming posts that bash the game repeatedly going on repeatedly about the same thing in irrelevant ways and rambling on. :)
  • DeniZgDeniZg ZagrebPosts: 669Member Uncommon

    NWO is really solid game. It should get some polish by launch, but overall very fun and packed with features.

    Questing is a bit linear (as in any other MMO on the market), but should be OK, when all systems get into place (PVP, crafting, events etc.).

    If they get PVP right, NWO could be a serious player on MMO market.

    Regarding microstransactions, Cash shop is fluff, from what I could check out. Also, if you like the game and think it's a quality product, why wouldn't you pay for some items or Astral Diamonds and enjoy the game fully?

     

  • GrimmxGrimmx SandefjordPosts: 219Member
    Originally posted by tet666

    One word:  Microtransactions

    They are horrendous in this Game

    Given the ridiculously high AD costs of maintaining your character--which only go up as you level--this is a make or break point in the game. I understand they need to make money somehow, and thus this will provide incentive for players to purchase Zen (other than cosmetics, of course). But unfortunately the current gain is pitiful compared to what you need to spend.

    Slotting an enchantment or companion rune requires several thousand AD per slot, and that goes up as you level. Even simple stuff like ID Scrolls/Town Portal scrolls or Respeccing cost Astral Diamonds and thats just the mandatory stuff you wont ever have enough AD to purchase fluff items.

    Given this type of system exists in most MMOs nowadays, enchantment will be necessary in the end game. Also, take a look at the mount training skills for levels 40 and 60. They cost ~768,000 and 4.125 million AD, respectively. I'm sorry, but that's horrendously expensive for simple mount training. And please, before anyone rebuts with, "Well, that's OPTIONAL" or "You can farm them given enough time", think about that statement for ten seconds. Mount training, companion runes, and enchantments will all be necessary for any competitive player.

    This needs to be addressed, or if there are more reliable and impactful ways to obtain AD, Cryptic/PWE should be more transparent about it. Our current known methods of obtaining AD boil down to the following: daily hour-long skirmish grinds, one hour-cooldown prayers, spending prayer-generated Ardent Coins on AD chests, and a vendor that sells AD for some epic item (the means by which you obtain this item are currently unknown).

    Im willing to pay a sub to get past all this shit.

    Is that possible?

  • LaromussLaromuss vancouver, BCPosts: 324Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by tet666

    One word:  Microtransactions

    They are horrendous in this Game

    Given the ridiculously high AD costs of maintaining your character--which only go up as you level--this is a make or break point in the game. I understand they need to make money somehow, and thus this will provide incentive for players to purchase Zen (other than cosmetics, of course). But unfortunately the current gain is pitiful compared to what you need to spend.

    Slotting an enchantment or companion rune requires several thousand AD per slot, and that goes up as you level. Even simple stuff like ID Scrolls/Town Portal scrolls or Respeccing cost Astral Diamonds and thats just the mandatory stuff you wont ever have enough AD to purchase fluff items.

    Given this type of system exists in most MMOs nowadays, enchantment will be necessary in the end game. Also, take a look at the mount training skills for levels 40 and 60. They cost ~768,000 and 4.125 million AD, respectively. I'm sorry, but that's horrendously expensive for simple mount training. And please, before anyone rebuts with, "Well, that's OPTIONAL" or "You can farm them given enough time", think about that statement for ten seconds. Mount training, companion runes, and enchantments will all be necessary for any competitive player.

    This needs to be addressed, or if there are more reliable and impactful ways to obtain AD, Cryptic/PWE should be more transparent about it. Our current known methods of obtaining AD boil down to the following: daily hour-long skirmish grinds, one hour-cooldown prayers, spending prayer-generated Ardent Coins on AD chests, and a vendor that sells AD for some epic item (the means by which you obtain this item are currently unknown).

    Again someone who thinks they know what they're talking about but does not and is spreading false information.  I'm going to make it very clear.   SLOTTING an enchantment does not cost any AD, only when you choose to remove it and have it entact to slot in other equipment does it require AD, Additonally level has nothing to do with AD cost when using enchancements, only the level of the sigil or rune you put in, the higher the rune the more it will cost to remove without destroying it.  You can also override the slot with new ones for free.

    Please do you research before you rant/bash the game.

  • allendale5allendale5 kansas city, MOPosts: 124Member

    My opinion of pro's and con's in this game :

     

    Con's :  

     

    • Graphics are not anything new. It looks like about circa 2004.  
    • Character movement is stiff and unrealistic
    • Skill system is rather boring and, at least up to level 20, not impactful
    • First 20 or so levels are very linear
    • One starting zone
    • Character stats are not well represented.  For example, there is no easy way to see your total Crit %.
    • Replay value could be lacking except for potential Foundry material.
    • F2P but also P2W for serious players 
    • Not much freedom with customization of the skillbar
    • Game feels like it is primarily targeting the 10 to 16 age group
    • Character design is blah
    • Too easy, at least for the 3 classes I played up to between levels 15 and 20. Never died once.
     
     
    Pro's :
     
     
    • Free to Play
    • Story and Lore
    • Combat 
    • Works well as solo or group
    • Foundry
    • Lots of short dungeons/instances, even at lower levels.
    • Game is worth trying and is fun so far

     

  • DogblasterDogblaster PraguePosts: 491Member
    Originally posted by VoreDock
    just finished  Beta weekend 2 and wow what a great game  this is free to play done right the game is so  AAA it's unbeleaveable  and yes it's fully voiced as well the voice acting is top notch   all in all  a wonderfull experance and the foundry system is amazeing  but tell me what you think  and plz no haters if you have not played you have no right to  complain about this game  long live free to play  this is how all mmo's should be 

    hah ... NO THANK YOU, just stay in your super awesome neverwinter f2p game and just let other mmorpg alone. Not everyone love f2p, I hate f2p mmorpgs.

    And please dont call it AAA if you dont want someone to complain or bash your topic, thank you.

  • tet666tet666 cfgvbfdgPosts: 126Member

    I dont have anything against F2p games but this game is as pay to win as it gets without actually selling the items in the shop.

     

  • shalissarshalissar Pohjois-PohjanmaaPosts: 298Member Uncommon
    [mod edit]
  • DogblasterDogblaster PraguePosts: 491Member
    [mod edit]
  • DoogiehowserDoogiehowser ParisPosts: 1,873Member
    Originally posted by shalissar
    Originally posted by Dihoru
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser
    [mod edit]

    Oh please.... people are always overwhelmingly positive when a a new MMO arrives. And yes some people like to keep their impressions simplistic. If i go by your logic then these forums are full of shills.

    [mod edit]

    "The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

    "Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

    image

  • DoogiehowserDoogiehowser ParisPosts: 1,873Member
    Originally posted by Dogblaster
    [mod edit]

    [mod edit]

     

    So yeah he is free to say all other MMOS should be like neverwinter if that is how he feels.

    "The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

    "Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

    image

«1
Sign In or Register to comment.