Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What a pile of JUNK !

weapons are made from butter-will not even last 1 run

combat is very very STUPID !

u stand getting a quest while mobs attack and you die because the game is too stupid to know you arw in combat

im a fighter im a tank i can kill anything.........im in a nasty dark place...... and im just there for a walkabout !

when anything is done im no longer armed ! so when mobed your TURNING THE OTHER CHEEK !

OOOOO WAIT I KNOW PULL MY SWORD !

OK IM ONLY HALF DEAD NOW I CAN DO THIS !!!!........ . . .   SWING....     MIGHTY BLOW........ SPELL.. SPELL....

SKILL,,,, SPECIAL,,,,, DODGE.....      .     .       .       .       U  R    DEAD !

what ??? how did i die ???   i did 10000000 damage with all my skills ????

yes my son you hit the wall behind the mob that killed you-u r in combat but only mobs are alowed to autotarget

so when u swing that 6 foot sword that does 10k dps  YOU HIT NOTHING!

the 27 ladybugs hitting u for 1 point each killed you !

ok i get it . . .  lets try again , , , , ,  ?

ok get this quest. . . chat, click.click.click.clikc,click,click ooooooooooo i clicked the wrong spot now i have to do it all again !

ok i got the quest ima tank now on the hunt !

fight fight fight ur weapon is broken now u die

ooooooo kkkkkkkkkkk now i rez

now for 6287 gold u can rez

rezzzzzzz ooooo WHAT A KOOOOOLLLLLLL MOVIE   !

NOT ONLY DO I HAVE TO WALK 20 MINUTES BACK TO A "FLAME" I MUST WATCH THE INFLIGHT MOVIE !

not only is this a bad "ASIAN" +CONSOLE+PORT     {reminds me of ff1 on NES}

there is no way any of the programming staff could have played a mmo b4 !

can not break npc "CHAT"

COMBAT IS THE WORST SYSTEM I HAVE SEEN IN AN MMO

THE "ASIANS" WILL LOOOOOOOVE THIS GAME !. . .  PARTY TILL UR HIGH LEVEL THEN GANK ANYTHING THAT MOVES !

the grfx are only normal nothing special

the GUI is only "normal"

this mmo is a blight on the name WIZARDRY !

the small people will say "give it a chance" "its in beta"

and they never learn thet nothing changes what u see is what u get !

if u love BOTS

if u love "chinese" GOLD FARMERS

if u love spam from gold sellers

THEN THIS GAME IS FOR U !

100% MONEY BACK GUARANTY- IN 6 MONTHS THIS GAME WILL BE FULL OF ALL THE ABOVE !

IT IS SPECIFICLY DESIDNED FOR IT !

that lev1 sword cost HOW MUCH ???????

sad

sad

sad

i love everything this game is SUPPOSED to do

sadly it delivers none

Comments

• Branko2307Branko2307 Member UncommonPosts: 346
    Your NOT a Wizard HARRY !

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum!! ~Planescape: Torment~

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

I'm sorry. I wish I could do something to make the pain go away. It's disenchanting to see someone so distraught by a game.

I mean, normally I would be bothered by the complete illiteracy or gross misinformation in the post, but you're sad... and that makes me sad. ;(

What are some of the things you're looking for in an MMO? Maybe we can help you find one that has the features you're after.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

But how do you really feel?

"This game is a blight on the Wizardy name!?!" lol I was so excited when I got my beta key. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Branko2307
    Your NOT a Wizard HARRY !

+1

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • rommellorommello Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 185
    i really hated it. also if you want tot play the game the only way to go is warrior with 2hand weapons. All other classes are terrible only usefull if you take their skills in class change

hallo ~_~

• DeVoDeVoDeVoDeVo Member UncommonPosts: 106

Originally posted by BLACKEAGL ......... a lot of interesting and thoughtful points

If the developers do not make changes to curtail griefing, I don't think the game will last very long.  Without a steady supply of sheep, those wolves can't hunt anymore.

The other issues you mentioned will only hasten its demise.

I wonder what the guys from old Sir-Tech think of this game?  Now those were great Wizardry games.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by DeVoDeVo
    Originally posted by BLACKEAGL ......... a lot of interesting and thoughtful points

If the developers do not make changes to curtail griefing, I don't think the game will last very long.  Without a steady supply of sheep, those wolves can't hunt anymore.

The other issues you mentioned will only hasten its demise.

I wonder what the guys from old Sir-Tech think of this game?  Now those were great Wizardry games.

These posts aren't suspiciously similar at all.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• dbgagerdbgager Member UncommonPosts: 175
    I agree ..the game is not very good..Its a gankers game. Even that will not last very long..Because everybody else will grow tired of it very shortly. The dungeons are all the same.. The camera and fighting mechanics are bad. The Graphics are all a muted shade of greys and browns. All in all. I see nothing that makes me want to play the game.
  • spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782
    Normaly I hate flaming games for the sake of it (Unless it's Rappelz) but have to agree with the o.p. This game is total trousers and I could find nothing in it that I enjoyed.
  • KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

Shit man, I played SWTOR, I can handle Wizardry Online.

I assume it's up finally?

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    I gotta tip my cap to the OP.  He has a way with words.  I don't know much about Wizardry Online, so I appreciate the insight.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Best OP ever.  That was entertaining... probably more entertaining than WO.  I saw it and it looks awful.
  • tentimestentimes Member Posts: 12

OP... words fail me. Well, words fail you actually - I don't think I can remember ever reading a post as illiterate and indicative of a bad kindergarden education.

I suggest a counsellor or a hug from Mummy.

NOTE: I've been playing the game I think he is referring to (unless it was really Lego Harry Potter and he "posted" in the wrong forum?) and I haven't even been even hit by another player, never mind ganked.

By the sounds of it the OP was having some kind of Spaz attack whilst playing and is referring to RL damage he sustained, in addition to his existing cerebral injuries.

Oh teh interweb - they all have a voice!

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

WizO looks awfil.   it's a shame because, like many i grew up on the wizardry games, notably 8.

SOE also has a pretty random looking dragon based MMO coming out soon that just seems to have poofed out of thin air.

i cant believe it but i think that until EQN comes out, vanguard is the crown jewel of SOW's gaming harem.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• UronksurUronksur Member UncommonPosts: 310
    Originally posted by BLACKEAGL

weapons are made from butter-will not even last 1 run

combat is very very STUPID !

u stand getting a quest while mobs attack and you die because the game is too stupid to know you arw in combat

im a fighter im a tank i can kill anything.........im in a nasty dark place...... and im just there for a walkabout !

when anything is done im no longer armed ! so when mobed your TURNING THE OTHER CHEEK !

OOOOO WAIT I KNOW PULL MY SWORD !

OK IM ONLY HALF DEAD NOW I CAN DO THIS !!!!........ . . .   SWING....     MIGHTY BLOW........ SPELL.. SPELL....

SKILL,,,, SPECIAL,,,,, DODGE.....      .     .       .       .       U  R    DEAD !

what ??? how did i die ???   i did 10000000 damage with all my skills ????

yes my son you hit the wall behind the mob that killed you-u r in combat but only mobs are alowed to autotarget

so when u swing that 6 foot sword that does 10k dps  YOU HIT NOTHING!

the 27 ladybugs hitting u for 1 point each killed you !

ok i get it . . .  lets try again , , , , ,  ?

ok get this quest. . . chat, click.click.click.clikc,click,click ooooooooooo i clicked the wrong spot now i have to do it all again !

ok i got the quest ima tank now on the hunt !

fight fight fight ur weapon is broken now u die

ooooooo kkkkkkkkkkk now i rez

now for 6287 gold u can rez

rezzzzzzz ooooo WHAT A KOOOOOLLLLLLL MOVIE   !

NOT ONLY DO I HAVE TO WALK 20 MINUTES BACK TO A "FLAME" I MUST WATCH THE INFLIGHT MOVIE !

not only is this a bad "ASIAN" +CONSOLE+PORT     {reminds me of ff1 on NES}

there is no way any of the programming staff could have played a mmo b4 !

can not break npc "CHAT"

COMBAT IS THE WORST SYSTEM I HAVE SEEN IN AN MMO

THE "ASIANS" WILL LOOOOOOOVE THIS GAME !. . .  PARTY TILL UR HIGH LEVEL THEN GANK ANYTHING THAT MOVES !

the grfx are only normal nothing special

the GUI is only "normal"

this mmo is a blight on the name WIZARDRY !

the small people will say "give it a chance" "its in beta"

and they never learn thet nothing changes what u see is what u get !

if u love BOTS

if u love "chinese" GOLD FARMERS

if u love spam from gold sellers

THEN THIS GAME IS FOR U !

100% MONEY BACK GUARANTY- IN 6 MONTHS THIS GAME WILL BE FULL OF ALL THE ABOVE !

IT IS SPECIFICLY DESIDNED FOR IT !

that lev1 sword cost HOW MUCH ???????

sad

sad

sad

i love everything this game is SUPPOSED to do

sadly it delivers none

That was obnoxiously hard to read. I gave up trying to decipher it after a while.
  • AredylAredyl Member Posts: 22

I even had a hard time finding any enjoyment in this game.  Everything feels like you're forced into cooperation right after the starting tutorial.  Every 5 to 6 mobs, I found myself having to run back to the start of zones just to heal up and go at it again.  It wouldn't be so bad if you didn't have to kill 25+ mobs to get where you were going.

Ended up beating my head against WO for about 2 hours and gave up.  Trying to complete any quest seemed more like a chore than an adventure.  Also, forget about grinding mobs until you outlevel the content - it takes around 100 or so beetles just to gain a level, seriously (3 xp per bug, 300+ xp to reach the lower levels).

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    I need an urban dictionary after viewing that mess.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306
    Originally posted by Roxtarr
    I gotta tip my cap to the OP.  He has a way with words.  I don't know much about Wizardry Online, so I appreciate the insight.

Words, yes. Sentences......not so much.

Gotta say, though, nice first post from an '08 lurker.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    Best OP ever.  That was entertaining... probably more entertaining than WO.  I saw it and it looks awful.

I was laughing the whole time reading it too.

I especially liked the line, "rezzzzzzz ooooo WHAT A KOOOOOLLLLLLL MOVIE   !".

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• BrownAleBrownAle Member Posts: 399

Somehow the OP remeberd his login info that he created 6 years ago, having never used it since then, and now decides to make a post. +1 on memory -350 on ability to write coherently...no matter how funny it was.

Must be some crazy rage for someone to do that.

I agree...i like what the games trying to do, its just how it actually does it...its terrible.

Combat is suppose to be action combat, but its not.  Its more fighting the combat system rather than fighting mobs or people.  Yeah you kinda get use to it, but still...its never smooth and responsive or intuitive...its always clumsly and clunky. I feel like im constantly fighting the combat controls and targeting system...

IMO its the ganking and pvp that are actually going to keep the game alive.

Its different for sure, but not really in a good way.  Since the client is tiny ill probably keep it on my comp and might jump into it down the road a bit.

• WickesWickes Member UncommonPosts: 749
    The whining in thie thread is so exquisite that now I have to go try the game ...
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Originally posted by dave6660

Originally posted by Eir_S

I was laughing the whole time reading it too.

I especially liked the line, "rezzzzzzz ooooo WHAT A KOOOOOLLLLLLL MOVIE   !".

Haha! Really got a good laugh from op. It is a tough game to enjoy, I agree. I'm trying to think of a scenario where I would play this game voluntarily...I can't.

Well, I do not understand much of this.  It's a difficult game, no doubt.  Isn't t that what games are about?  Challenge.  The more challenge the more I love it.

If not challenge, whar are they about ?

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Originally posted by Wickes

Well, I do not understand much of this.  It's a difficult game, no doubt.  Isn't t that what games are about?  Challenge.  The more challenge the more I love it.If not challenge, whar are they about ?

A challenging game is fine. But that does not excuse that this game looks and feels like it should have been released many years ago. Bad design, poor controls/UI, graphics issues, marginal gameplay... these are all serious problems for this title. Too bad they had to use the Wizardry name on this game, I liked that series.
    "Different strokes ... ", I guess.  I disagree on all points.  I do expect issues with a new game.  I have not seen any yet - everything has worked flawlessly.   We shall see.  I am desperate to end the WOW parade ;)